Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    52
    Yes i cant agree more, I can only be proud of ppl who try doing something about their
    health. what i dont agree with is adding 15lbs muscle that fast on p90x without propper nutrition.
    Thats not gonna happen.

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 04:54 PM ----------

    proteinshake? lol
    Protein intake, i almost dont drink shakes unless i dont have the time to eat.
    Protion will only stay in ur body for 3 houres. and the amount i take is correct.
    I take 2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight, because besides 6 day workout i do about
    20 houres of cardio a week.

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 04:57 PM ----------

    i'm feeling attacked here on my statement so ill try to be more specific of my opinion.
    The plan he's using is great and even i know he's more happy healthy person because of it.
    Thats the whole point of BB. But the musclegain on that diet is inpossible, thats what i wanted
    to make ppl understand. unless ur a teenager and still in ur growth or taking steroids.
    I'm all natural btw =) no sups. (proteinshake if i cant eat every 3 houres)

    ---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 05:04 PM ----------

    For the people who are looking to losing fat, be more healthy, increase strength, increase musclemass, etc
    U dont need money to do those. I can recomand scoobysworkshop.com to every person in the world.
    It is a website made by a natural bodybuilder with 30years exp. explaining REALLY every freaking thing of being healthy
    and he's video's on proper form and weight/rep a person should use are amazing and free. He even made he's own FREE
    P90X program.

  2. #82
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    I can recomand scoobysworkshop.com to every person in the world.
    I don't have time to extensively around it, but from what I've seen of it so far it looks great, and he seems to know his stuff and be able to explain the whys and hows.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  3. #83
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    52
    I wish u the best of luck. And people ask what the best motivation?
    Well before i started ( was skinny ) i told Everyone what i was gonna do,
    that way when people would know i had quit i would be a loser. But hey, once
    i started i fell inlove with it.

  4. #84
    The Patient Shikomei_TFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    245
    Can't lose fat & gain muscle at the same time. Unless you're a beginner & experience "noob gains", or taking illegal substances.

    lose fat = take in less calories than your body requires

    gain muscle = eating at a surplus


    "I take 2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight"

    This is wrong. It's only 1-1.5 grams per lbm.
    Too fat to be a bodybuilder..
    Too weak to be a powerlifter..

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    Can't lose fat & gain muscle at the same time. Unless you're a beginner & experience "noob gains", or taking illegal substances.

    lose fat = take in less calories than your body requires

    gain muscle = eating at a surplus


    "I take 2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight"

    This is wrong. It's only 1-1.5 grams per lbm.
    Complete and utter nonsense. Checkout leangains.com and be prepared to get floored. This goes for the OP too.

  6. #86
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Effet View Post
    Complete and utter nonsense. Checkout leangains.com and be prepared to get floored. This goes for the OP too.
    I agree. Garbage nonsense.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  7. #87
    The Patient Shikomei_TFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Effet View Post
    Complete and utter nonsense. Checkout leangains.com and be prepared to get floored. This goes for the OP too.
    I frequent that site, did you not read the thread I made clearly referring to that site? Not sure if I came across an article that says you can. Mind linking it?

    I did leave out a recomp(eating at maintenance/slight surplus), which you "could" theoretically lose fat & gain muscle. But it's not suggested, as it takes longer than a simple bulk or cut. So I left it out. Seeing that most people here wouldn't want to deal with that.
    Last edited by Shikomei_TFC; 2011-07-09 at 07:52 PM.
    Too fat to be a bodybuilder..
    Too weak to be a powerlifter..

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    I frequent that site, did you not read the thread I made clearly referring to that site? Not sure if I came across an article that says you can. Mind linking it?

    I did leave out a recomp(eating at maintenance/slight surplus), which you "could" theoretically lose fat & gain muscle. But it's not suggested, as it takes longer than a simple bulk or cut. So I left it out. Seeing that most people here wouldn't want to deal with that.
    I'm not sure what you on about. The whole point of IF and leangains is to lose fat, without losing muscle - in almost every chase I've read, people gain significant amount of strength.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131057123

    For example. Again, I'm not sure what your point is.

  9. #89
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    52
    because of my physical job its and my high amount of cardio 2g per KILO of bodyweight is secure for me.
    1.8g would do it prob. but i wont drop it.

  10. #90
    The Patient Shikomei_TFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Effet View Post
    I'm not sure what you on about. The whole point of IF and leangains is to lose fat, without losing muscle - in almost every chase I've read, people gain significant amount of strength.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131057123

    For example. Again, I'm not sure what your point is.
    Straight from the OP in the link you provided:

    "I was only in a caloric surplus from Sept-end of December. The rest of the time I was still in a deficit with intent to lose more bodyfat."

    Sounds like a bulk, then followed by a cut to me. Which I first stated. Also, I'm currently on IF myself(4+ months). So, I'm familiar with the protocol

    Straight quote from Mark himself which supports my "noob gains/beginner":

    Comments

    From my perspective it looks like Spencer lowered his body fat in the process, but it's also possible that it's unchanged from the first picture. He seems to have more of a tan here and the lighting in the first picture smoothes him out a bit. In either case, a lean weight gain of 12 lbs in seven months is very impressive.

    It should be noted that some part of his muscle can be attributed to muscle memory. Spencer says that he was training regularly between 2006 and 2008, but adds that...

    "Some of my gains are definitely from muscle memory, but I have exceeded my strength from 2008 by a substantial amount. I am feeling and looking better than I ever have, and it only took me about 8 months instead of 2 years. My knowledge with Leangains/IF, and some other stuff I have learned throughout this time has given me much more focus on the goals I want to achieve with bodybuilding."

    -----------------------------------------------------------------

    This clearly supports my earlier post.



    Last edited by Shikomei_TFC; 2011-07-09 at 08:40 PM.
    Too fat to be a bodybuilder..
    Too weak to be a powerlifter..

  11. #91
    In the end pick what works for you.
    If you want to keep it simple and traditional, do a bulk and cut cycle.
    If you want to experiment with lean-gains, give it a shot, and if it garners you success then great.

    Regardless, if your lifting stats look like:
    Bench: 320 lb (145.5 kg)
    Squat: 379 lb (172.3 kg)
    Deadlift: 429 lb (195.0 kg)
    Dip: 440 lb

    You're going to build muscle regardless.

  12. #92
    The Patient Shikomei_TFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    because of my physical job its and my high amount of cardio 2g per KILO of bodyweight is secure for me.
    1.8g would do it prob. but i wont drop it.
    Fair enough..
    Too fat to be a bodybuilder..
    Too weak to be a powerlifter..

  13. #93
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    In the end pick what works for you.
    If you want to keep it simple and traditional, do a bulk and cut cycle.
    If you want to experiment with lean-gains, give it a shot, and if it garners you success then great.

    Regardless, if your lifting stats look like:
    Bench: 320 lb (145.5 kg)
    Squat: 379 lb (172.3 kg)
    Deadlift: 429 lb (195.0 kg)
    Dip: 440 lb

    You're going to build muscle regardless.
    That's a ridiculously small squat compared to bench press ... unless you have long, skinny legs and short, stubby arms. I'm cursed with very long arms, so I'm maxedat 315 (despite being a big guy), but conversely my squat is a solid 495 with long legs as well. Those figures are also from a while ago, though. Stopped getting concerned with maxing for a while now, seeing as I have no real need to do it. It's far more productive for me to do 10 sets of 10 for each major muscle group and refine rather than bulk.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  14. #94
    I've used it and it works but you have to stick with it for results.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •