Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizren View Post
    the only reason i don't like it being F2P, is that it means there will be tons of hackers, because if they get banned, they can just make a new steam account and get back at it. I've had the game for years and its still fun and i like that there will be more people playing it now, aside from the hacking issue
    Dedicated servers really rock in this situation. Admins will keep hackers out. Being in a clan and playing on their servers pretty much regulates the hacking.

More newbs to kill..wth is wrong with that?

And for those that think it will invite tons of hackers..why do you think that?

You do know Steam has had this game on MANY countless sales at VERY lose prices..I remember it being $4.99 for a day or 2 not too long ago.

What makes you think these "hackers" are too cheap to cough up $5 and have the game already?

I've been playing TF2 since it came out and I have yet!!!!!!! to see a hacker. So GG.
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-26 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard, it's not entirely F2P, so I couldn't care less.

There's certain weapons you can never use, certain blueprints that are off limits, etc. You can still hop in with your buddies and spray bullets, but you have to buy TF2 to get 100% of the game.

Think Runescape.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care. It's been a year since I played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Last I heard, it's not entirely F2P, so I couldn't care less.

There's certain weapons you can never use, certain blueprints that are off limits, etc. You can still hop in with your buddies and spray bullets, but you have to buy TF2 to get 100% of the game.

Think Runescape.
    You access "Premium" (That is, the full version of the game) by buying anything in the microtransaction shop. That can be as a cheap as a 0.49 cent item.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

played it 2 years ago, entered a few tournys at lan, loved it, but moved on.

if they made BF3 f2p then yeah, but its not really an issue

I think I paid like 5 bucks for it, and I don't see the bad thing about it. A lot of folks are attracted to the game now, so it might even increase their sales of the item shop stuff.

Good for Valve.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    You access "Premium" (That is, the full version of the game) by buying anything in the microtransaction shop. That can be as a cheap as a 0.49 cent item.
    Yes, but remember steams minimum $5 charge? For anyone wanting to go premium, if they do not already have money in their steam wallet, it will still be a minimum of $5. Which is still half as much as the orriginal price as I recall (unless you bought it in the orange box) but it's certainly not 50 cents.

Edit: I feel a "that's how they get ya!" should have been in there. So there it is <.

TF2 went downhill when they added all the garbage and screwed up the balance. Team Fortress Classic, Fortress Forever, Quake 3 Fortress, MEGA Team Fortress, or Team Fortress (the original Q1 mod) are all fantasticly balanced games and play much better.

I tried a game today and honestly there were a lot more annoying people. It felt like the CoD community... People writing "virgin" to everyone and stuff '>_>. Silly 12 year old trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    TF2 went downhill when they added all the garbage and screwed up the balance. Team Fortress Classic, Fortress Forever, Quake 3 Fortress, MEGA Team Fortress, or Team Fortress (the original Q1 mod) are all fantasticly balanced games and play much better.
    I think TF2's very well balanced. Any item that is overpowered gets nerfed pretty quick.

My issue with all the items (and particularly hats) is that it ruined the aesthetic of the game. Example:

I bought the Orange Box the day it came out and loved the hell out of all the things contained within. Right about when the new weapons were coming out was when my friends and I started straying away and playing other games.

Yesterday I logged on for the first time in 2ish years and low and behold I had 2 items; some WWI hat and a badge of sorts. Neato I guess, but my girlfriend who NEVER bought the game or tried it before downloaded it out of curiosity. She LOVES it. Needless to say we had a fun time lastnight. She was floored when she unlocked her first weapon. Hell...I was carrying my team and she unlocked one before I did. I think her passion for this game may have rekindled something in me.

New people playing aren't a bad thing. A new generation to teach and "skool".

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post

New people playing aren't a bad thing. A new generation to teach and "skool".
    Exactly.

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TF2's very well balanced. Any item that is overpowered gets nerfed pretty quick.

My issue with all the items (and particularly hats) is that it ruined the aesthetic of the game.
    There's (legal) mods that remove all of that crap though. I forget who makes it, but there's someone on the steam forums who has a mod out that makes all "unnecessary" items (hats, badges, etc) invisible. You'll never see them on yourself, you'll never see them on other players, etc. Personally I don't care, just because at the end of the day I know it doesn't change the game at all. I still point and shoot, sap and stab, heal and uber. If I was at all concerned with the way things looked in a game I'm playing, I wouldn't play half the shit I do, and I'd be another one of those "OMG THE GRAPHICS ARE SOOOO GOOD" ecksbawks/PS3 fanboys.

Bought it a couple years ago, have 300+ hours played, ya i dont care if people can get it for free now i got years of free updates.

I think its a good idea for the community and valve, adds fresh life to the game and more people to have the chance to buy things off the store

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    There's (legal) mods that remove all of that crap though. I forget who makes it, but there's someone on the steam forums who has a mod out that makes all "unnecessary" items (hats, badges, etc) invisible. You'll never see them on yourself, you'll never see them on other players, etc. Personally I don't care, just because at the end of the day I know it doesn't change the game at all. I still point and shoot, sap and stab, heal and uber. If I was at all concerned with the way things looked in a game I'm playing, I wouldn't play half the shit I do, and I'd be another one of those "OMG THE GRAPHICS ARE SOOOO GOOD" ecksbawks/PS3 fanboys.
    Graphics and style are two very different things.

But in the end, I agree with you. The problem is that people are going to watch stuff like Meet the Medic, and see these immaculately designed characters. Then they join the game and there's guys walking around with towers of hats and samurai swords.

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    so what pro competitive games do you play?
    StarCraft II

Short-term: It's a terrible thing. The new players are clueless and worthless to their team. The only thing they are good for is easy kills, but even that is hard to achieve since TF2 is a team-based shooter and without the support of your team, you're not as powerful as you could be.
    Not always true.

I play pyro 99% of the time (aside from engie and sniper) and I'm far from a free kill.

I always flamethrow my team-mates showing they are spies,I always move forward and take out enemy teleporters and sentrys.

To just assume that every free to play player is a suck ass noob is a horrible way to go about it

Specially in games of payload where it's like 6 people on a cart and I have a medic uber me and I flamethrow em all to death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    StarCraft II
    what fps experience do you have?..

Quote Originally Posted by stvv View Post
    what fps experience do you have?..
    Played Call of Duty 2 at the beginning and Call of Duty 4 before the cheaters ruined everything.