Thread: Why Shadow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I swore I've seen this post before, oh wait, HERE it is! Also, if you're doing bad as Shadow, I think it is just you. Doing mediocre as Elemental is understandable, but doing poorly as Shadow is on you.
    I'm about 100% sure you posted this exact same thing on the shaman forum, best way of seeing what class to re roll ive seen. Instead of the usual "what class should i play next" thread. Shadow is one of the highest dps specs in the game if played correctly and is a lot of fun imo. - me

you got me lol - original poster

you = owned.

Hmm, top three dps in raids, plus a still nice healing cushion, for the healers to work from...add to that, the awesome ability to avoid damage, self heal, fade from aggro, and even throw out an emergency heal, or grab someone out of the muck.

I play several classes, but Shadow Priest is my main, and I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
    you = owned.

I read your post too, I was just confirming what you pointed out.

Noobs need to quit using the word "owned", you've completely ruined its meaning and value... =(
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-27 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I read your post too, I was just confirming what you pointed out.

Noobs need to quit using the word "owned", you've completely ruined its meaning and value... =(
    Actually you were quite owned nice attempt at deflecting the usage of a overused word with another one you "noob"

Quote Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
    Actually you were quite owned nice attempt at deflecting the usage of a overused word with another one you "noob"
    Please, point out this supposed "ownage", I never once said something like: "I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE POINTED OUT THE FACT THAT YOU POSTED THIS SAME THING IN THE SHAMAN FORUM YET!", I merely repeated what you had already said (and provided a link).

Edit: And I was being ironic when I used the word "noob".
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-27 at 06:02 PM.

Mage

MAGE

mage

MAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Simonswafford View Post
    No burst? With Shadow Fiend and wings up you can do insane dmg + with your trinket procs and such.. SP burst is huge. I can sometimes manage with some neat RNG to burst my self up to 40 k ish on a boss as Chim..
    I agree with the other poster who said we have very little burst damage, as we don't. It takes a while to crawl up the meters generally and we end up very close to the top if played properly but if something needs to die very fast then we get outperformed by Hunters and Arcane Mages anyday. We have a lot of ramp-up time in getting out the dots and all that, especially at the start of a fight. I don't understand how you can call shadowfiend and procs burst damage. These are things you can only use so often and not everytime you need to kill something fast like an add or whatever. Hunters can essentially do their max dps almost instantly on a target as they don't have much to build up. Arcane Mages can destroy things on short fights, which frustrates me as a shadow priest. Overall though our DPS is fine in comparison with others.

Raid Leader: Everyone use you CD's and kill him quick!

Spriest: /Archangel /shadowfiend /drink potion

Raid Leader: no really use your CD's

Spriest: Umm that's all I got... but it is btter than in Wrath when I would just whimper when you would say use CD's

Raid Leader: ...

Yes... we are sooo bursty.... -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonswafford View Post
    No burst? With Shadow Fiend and wings up you can do insane dmg + with your trinket procs and such.. SP burst is huge. I can sometimes manage with some neat RNG to burst my self up to 40 k ish on a boss as Chim..
    We're all really proud of you.
    Sadly you don't understand what burst means.
    Consolation prizes are in the back.

Have a nice day.

It's funny because on average, shadow is the 2nd best dps right now.

LOL. Shadow priests are strong as hell right now. Sounds like we have found the common denominator.

Deleted
    Well, http://stateofdps.com/ shows ( yeah it's abit out-dated but still ) spriest dps isn't any near "low".

Yeah, the better gear you have the better they do, while gearing my GFs shadow priest I noticed that I was only doing 8 - 9k in heroics with mostly 333 gear and some 346. After getting all 346 gear and some 353/359s it shot up to 14 - 15k, the main difference being good trinkets and a good wep with a nice chunk of int.

Burst? The only time I have what I would call burst damage, is when I'm doing my Tol Barad dailies, and I can Mind Spike three times, then "burst" Mind Blast, to get the mob down...even that takes over 3gcds, and I often have to hit Death to finish them off!

Yeah, to me, burst is MM Hunter, and Aimed Shot...hopefully, with Misdirect! Hah!