Deleted

High latency in WoW only.

I got an issue and unfortunately I got a raid starting in 10 minutes.

I got my computer set up at a friends house atm and brought my own router (D-LINK DI-524).

I got over 8000ms at this point and it is clearly unplayable. We went ahead and forwarded ports 3724 and 6112.

Help? ):

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well first and far most lets first get you installed with this

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

God your speed is jaw dropping O_O

Deleted
    Installed. No change.
    500 ms (home)
    6000 ms (world)

Speed is 100Mbps up/down.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 05:51 PM ----------

Swapped to the 2nd 100Mbps connection in the house (thus bypassing the router) and the problem persists.

Wat sever you playing on?

I know some server have been having lag latley

Deleted
    I'm in a raid with 10 people, only me has this severe latency issues (and the guy who lives in South Africa).

I play on Bladefist, EU.

Hi if you plug your internet into the phone socket then go to the first socket in your house (where the cable enters house) and plug it in there if you can reach it.

Deleted
    Yea, I'm all out of ideas. Deactivated my Windows Firewall, AntiVir (my antivirus software). Did nothing.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hmmlol View Post
    Hi if you plug your internet into the phone socket then go to the first socket in your house (where the cable enters house) and plug it in there if you can reach it.
    Well, here is the layout: 3 room apartment. 2 lines goes in in 2 separate rooms. The "socket" in the wall has 2 connectors total but only 1 works in each (they PAY for 2x 100Mbps connections). I plugged it directly into the 1st socket in the apartment and it did NO difference to the latency.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 06:06 PM ----------

Really, what the hell can cause this? :s seems I've been through everything. Can the ISP have anything to do with it? Seems odd as this is a highly praised ISP here in Sweden amongst gamers (or so I've heard).

Deleted
    Its a routing problem - nothing you can do, since the problem is caused by one of the Service nodes between Blizzard and your ISP.

Playing with your firewall and such isn't going to do shit.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    God your speed is jaw dropping O_O
    Latencies and bandwidths like that are easy to obtain once you use a connection that drops the use of a modem. His machine is in all likelyhood connected via ethernet (LAN Cable) directly to the internet - so the time consuming AD <-> DA conversion that Cable and ADSL has to do never happens. Everyone within the local 'citynet' are effectively connected via one huge local area network of sorts, and can expect appropriate speeds.

You could try this software that reduces latency for online gamers - GAMO at getamoveon.net

If it is a network problem, it should sort it out

Deleted
    This thread is over a year old. Closing.