Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Short answer is no i dont believe in a higher power because simply there isnt one. Why i dont is this.
    If religion didn't exsist the world would be A much better place. The ONLY thing religion does is cause millions of people to die every year because they got murdered by someone of a different faith. Religion is just abunch of superstition that is going to be the downfall of mankind. I just hope the masses will open there eyes before its to late.
    /rolls eyes

Even though i'm an atheist, i'd say religion has done alot more good than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicern View Post
    I dont get why people think science is the counter to religion. They can work hand in hand just as well as against each other in my eyes.
    Too many people treat science as a religion these days. Rather than keep questionning the facts that are presented to them(which is the essence of science), people tend to just accept every scientific proposition as irrefutable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicern View Post
    I dont get why people think science is the counter to religion. They can work hand in hand just as well as against each other in my eyes.
    I really doubt it. Not until science has proven god, and everyone is happy with the proof. Thats what science is about :/

Quote Originally Posted by Medivhe View Post
    You'd be surprised how many words are changed in different *english* versions of the qur'an.

there is only ONE version of the qur'an and it wont change and i know what im saying

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 10:28 PM ----------

did god think the whole world speaks arabic before giving it?
    no, he should have gave it to Mohammad in Chinese, srsly tho, there are scholars to Islam all over the world now and its the fastest growing religion so he clearly didn't do it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bajerman View Post
    Too many people treat science as a religion these days. Rather than keep questionning the facts that are presented to them(which is the essence of science), people tend to just accept every scientific proposition as irrefutable fact.
    That's utter rubbish. No one does that and no one treats science as a religious because they are diametrically opposed, two entirely different things. Religious is based on faith which is belief without evidence, Science is belief based on evidence.

I really doubt it. Not until science has proven god, and everyone is happy with the proof. Thats what science is about :/
    Its simple really. Look to god as the answer to unanswerable questions, use science for everything else.

also: 1000 POSTS, BITCHES!!!

See the last few pages if you want to know why this thread was closed and why these topics are directly against the rules.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines