Thread: Tobacco

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tobacco

So i was having a discussion with my brother about the Tobacco and how it affects the humanity as a whole in a bad way and if we should get rid of the production of cigarette's or not.

From my point of view it would affect the world economy in a terrible way but in the other hand there wouldnt be so many people dying from it daily.

So my question is, It would be a good idea to get rid of the cigarettes? and why so many people get addicted to it to the point of having the necessity to smoke every day,what you guys feel? just the urge to have one in your mouth or what?.

To clarify the things : what I actually wanted to say was: if it would be worth giving up on the tax money made by the production of cigarettes just to save the life of the people that are adicted to it. I dont have anything against the people who smoke, as far as they are not smoking in the face of some1, after all Its their personal choice.
    Last edited by Syegfried; 2011-06-26 at 09:24 PM.

The herd needs to be thinned somehow.

Cigarettes - couldn't care less, Malboro and the like smell and taste like shit anyways.

Tobacco? HELL NO, tasty, smells good and helps to endure those boring 10-15 minute breaks.

Well, its not like people will start dying because they cant smoke.

Banning it would make black-market cigarette sales skyrocket. People still get their hands on crack, and prohibition didn't stop alcohol. That said... I'm a non-smoker, and banning it or keeping them in place doesn't really affect me anymore (now that you can't smoke inside a public place, here)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If you get rid of cigarettes, get rid of alcohol, impose restrictions on how much food you can eat, on how little exercise you can have a day. It's all bullshit, let people ruin their own health it's their problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would crash economies, countries would go bankrupt. Tobacco has to be one of the top 3 incomes for governments (or whatever you get what I'm trying to say). With countries like Greece already going Bankrupt as it is, I see it as a very bad idea.

I also hate the argument that 'it kills people'. Cars kill people too, so do trains, lets get rid of them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell with cigs, we can all just dip!
    I'm gonna falcon punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by DateMyAvatar View Post
    If you get rid of cigarettes, get rid of alcohol, impose restrictions on how much food you can eat, on how little exercise you can have a day. It's all bullshit, let people ruin their own health it's their problem.
    ^^ Winner ^^

Besides the world economy relies on tobacco and alcohol sales, outright banning one or both in any major country would screw with the economy of the rest of the world as well as that countries economic status too. The USAs sin tax is a pretty big chunk of government income.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennix View Post
    This. Cope FTW

Personally ill stick to my pipes :-D
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Yay mouth cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    It would crash economies, countries would go bankrupt. Tobacco has to be one of the top 3 incomes for governments (or whatever you get what I'm trying to say). With countries like Greece already going Bankrupt as it is, I see it as a very bad idea.

I also hate the argument that 'it kills people'. Cars kill people too, so do trains, lets get rid of them as well.
    I see the economical problems and pretty much agree with it, i dont think the economies would be able to handle it. But with the "cars kill people", i think that is more of a "necessity"(not that people cant walk anyways) while the cigarettes is more of a i do it because i want to, no1 depends of cigarettes to survive or to be more efficient on something. Even though thats just my point of view.

And as far as "let people ruin their own health", well, you know, cigarettes also affect the any1 around the person whos smoking

Quote Originally Posted by DateMyAvatar View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate here (I agree with you), but the argument against that is it raises health care costs.

Deleted

Booyah.

yeah because dip spit isn't exponentially grosser/obnoxious than cig smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    Spit? You're not supposed to spit. Unless you're fucking around with that Red Man shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    You spit into a cup, rather than blow an acrid cloud of smoke into the air.

OT: You would have a lot of pissed off smokers if they quit making them. I mean ALOT
    I'm gonna falcon punch you in the face.

There's a difference between tobacco and Marlboros.

Cigarettes can go just leave my shisha alone. I <3 Hookah