Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Inner will all the time as disc. Inner fire just uses too much mana.

---------- Post added 2011-06-27 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nabstar View Post
    I have always ran Inner fire. However I am wondering does penance count as a cast or an instant or is it considered a channeling spell?
    It doesn't get the inner will mana bonus.

You never want to use Inner Will, even if your mana regeneration is an issue. Inner Fire simply gives you more benefit overall in all situations. Think of it this way; you have higher heals which means you heal less frequently. Sometimes it will be better to use Inner Will, but this is because of situational probability.

The only time you would ever need to use it is on high-movement fights as a healer. If you aren't getting enough mana regen, your gear is simply not properly itemized, or you're in lower leveled gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togglespark View Post
    You never want to use Inner Will, even if your mana regeneration is an issue. Inner Fire simply gives you more benefit overall in all situations. Think of it this way; you have higher heals which means you heal less frequently. Sometimes it will be better to use Inner Will, but this is because of situational probability.
    5 shields in inner will buys you an extra shield, or a GH.
    5 shields in inner fire buys you about an extra 4k shielding.

I'll take the extra 30k shield/heal thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    5 shields in inner will buys you an extra shield, or a GH.
    5 shields in inner fire buys you about an extra 4k shielding.

I'll take the extra 30k shield/heal thanks.
    You would almost never use 5 PW:Ses consecutively. There's absolutely no reason to be spamming PW:S in raids anymore, and if you are, you're doing it wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will shouldn't be used for movespeed. You should have Lavawalker on your boots. The only fight I use Will on is Nefarian HC P2, where I heal a platform two man. I usually put shields on everyone, then top people with PoH/Heal.

You would almost never use 5 PW:Ses consecutively. There's absolutely no reason to be spamming PW:S in raids anymore, and if you are, you're doing it wrong.
    You wouldn't have to use them consecutively.

I can certainly think of times i'd stack up some shields pre burst, (maloriak, nef, chogal) just come to mind, and follow up with (eww ) attonment or better yet some arch POH mass filler.

Personally I stance dance as disc, its just part of playing it.

Deleted
    As said above you don't have to use them consecutively.
    If you cast say 1 shield for every 2 GHs you'd gain 1 extra heal's worth of mana by being in will (from the shields), say 30k.
    You'd gain around 12k's worth of additional healing from being in inner fire (IF boosts my shield by 795, it's probably a bit less for GH). You're still way up in efficiency terms, enough that you could switch in a FH or two if you needed to push the throughput.

You never want to use Inner Will, even if your mana regeneration is an issue. Inner Fire simply gives you more benefit overall in all situations. Think of it this way; you have higher heals which means you heal less frequently.
    Hmmm..., let’s think of it this way instead. IF increases the cost of instant cast spells by 20% and grants 532SP (the concept applied backwards). Let’s use the commonly accepted theory-crafting from EJ where 93.5% SP gains a 1% increase in throughput.
    IF just granted a 5.7% throughput increase... but at what expense to your mana?

Say in a 6 minute fight you cast the following spells X amount of times: PW:SH 40, PoM 25, Renew 5, Pain Suppression 1, Dispel Magic 5, LoF 1. The 5.7% throughput increase would have cost you 61,644 mana or 856 M/5.

If you have 6K Int/2.3K spirit you would have 2519 ICR (tailored to disc due to the poster) and you decide to drop IF for IW but to compensate you drop 1K spirit for other throughput stats. Your ICR would be 1677 but you saved 856M/5 from IW for a total of 2533 ICR.

Now with the following 4.2 changes Crit: = 200% + DA (30%) & Base Mastery (20%) = 272 or +172%
    Here is a modified chart from EJ.

STATIC RATING % INCREASE [ESTIMATED % OF TOTAL HEALING DONE BY ABSORBTION SPELLS] [ESTIMATED % OF TOTAL HEALING DONE FROM CRITABLE SPELLS] ADJUSTED
    DISC MASTERY 179.28 2.5 50% (1.25) 143.24
    SPELLPOWER 93.45 1 93.45
    HASTE 128.06 1 128.06
    DISC CRITICAL 179.28 1.72 75% (1.29) 139

Let’s say you divide the 1K spirit equally between Haste, Mastery and Crit. That’s 2.32, 2.6, 2.4 for a total of 7.32%. IW was 28% more effective on your throughput. Know the numbers are very arbitrary but the concept is sound. You have to analyze your healing done and spells cast to be able to determine what would have an overall better value. However, from looking at most Logs IW tops IF almost 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    I've heard quite a bit of debates on inner will and inner fire, which do you use in a raid? Which would you recommend a disc priest to use?
    It's down to personal preference, really. Our priests switch frequently all depending on situation. Try it and see what works best for you on various encounters

Deleted
    Inner will as disc...especially on movement fights...Except baleroc all the rest require a lot of movement I assume ?

10+ Year Old Account
    100% Inner Fire for me. If I need to quickly move from A to B - I pop a shield an blast off! We don't have disc priests - so there ain't a chance for me having the Weakened Soul debuff.

Deleted
    Inner Fire for me, i tank heal in 10man and shield the raid only when one is in need of it. The instants i use is PoM/PW:S i dont feel the need for Inner Will movement bonus i only switch to Inner Will when i need to run to a rope on Beth and when RipLimb is on me i dont have much movement on other fights, maybe sometimes on Rhyolith (but hardly) as alysrazor gives u the Cast and move buff so thats nullifies Inner Will.

Beleroc is a stationairy fight for me, i just go Inner Will on the chain and back to Inner Fire when im back on my spot.
    Domo, if ur lucky u hardly have to move if i do i switch fast. I has a macro bind to my R key that makes me switch to Fire/Will fast if i need to move same counts for shadow spec.

Dont really need alot of movement as ranged.

Deleted
    For the most part I find my self using Inner Fire for most fights then switch over to Inner Will if I see mana may become an issue at that point I also switch casting style into a conservative mode and try to cast shields purely for regen during lower damage phases.

I'm my case though this makes sense since I am willing to bet I have the lowest spirit based regen then any other priest in this forum at least.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-11-14 at 10:54 AM.