Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Kids fight, get over it.

Seriously, neither kid deserves the attention or hate they're getting.

Bullying be bad but tossing more hate at a bully is just a sad display of bored the world is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He looks like he's the runt of whatever group he's with, so my best guess is that he'd been pressured into doing it. I don't think he's a totally innocent victim, but it's probably more his "friend's" fault that anything else.
    I agree. In my school we had a group like that and there were a couple of "tough guys" and a lot of weaker ones that basically did stupid things under the pressure of the group. That's why when they attacked me and my friends we went for the "tough guys" and once we took them out the group fell apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CW View Post

Richard is a lying little shit, it's exactly the sort of stuff the bullies would pull on me if I ever managed to fight back well enough. They either pulled the "He was picking on me first" excuse, which would often result in me being suspended, or the typical "Oh, I didn't know he was being bullied so much" excuse which is nonsense, kids know because they spend so much time together in schools that it's impossible NOT to know when a classmate is being bullied.
    Yeah, this. :3

Bullying IS a serious issue, and it's idiots like you who either were bullies and got away with it, or you weren't bullied and you sweep it under the rug because you dont get how damaging it is as a kid to be bullied and nothing ever gets done.

Being bullied is horrific, and it's rare that a kid ever manages to escape it properly. I was bullied for years at school, took a few swings back and most of the time it just resulted in others joining in and me getting my ass beaten down.

Richard is a lying little shit, it's exactly the sort of stuff the bullies would pull on me if I ever managed to fight back well enough. They either pulled the "He was picking on me first" excuse, which would often result in me being suspended, or the typical "Oh, I didn't know he was being bullied so much" excuse which is nonsense, kids know because they spend so much time together in schools that it's impossible NOT to know when a classmate is being bullied.
    And people like you are biased and don't understand that kids at that age are just stupid. No one is right or wrong and the whole situation is the teacher's fault.

he is so obviosly lying, I remeber this one kid in my class back in the day, and continuing so to this day, that would stick to he's original lie even when he knew everyone had realized he was lying.

Wtf?! He has piercing.... or is that something else?

Also, hes talking shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lies!!!

One thing is being busted for doing something and stand up for it, while this kid uses his advantage of being small and a crying baby to get people to think he actually are the victim.
    If you see his movements in the film, you will see that he is doing this with confidence. In other words, he has done it before.... If he was the victim, he would respond by raging.

Bullying IS a serious issue, and it's idiots like you who either were bullies and got away with it, or you weren't bullied and you sweep it under the rug because you dont get how damaging it is as a kid to be bullied and nothing ever gets done.

Being bullied is horrific, and it's rare that a kid ever manages to escape it properly. I was bullied for years at school, took a few swings back and most of the time it just resulted in others joining in and me getting my ass beaten down.

This news coverage is not going to resolve the bullying problem. It's just reality TV, like the OJ Simpson trial and every TV circus since.

Deleted

I was trying real hard to make a sensible post lining up my points, arguments and opinions, but then I realised you're biased. Understandable bias, but biased nontheless.

When it comes to kids fighting kids the media should never be partial; It's simply bad. It doesn't matter who started it, who ended it, or why it was happening. It's a bad idea to promote the bullied kid who fought back as a hero, because as you yourself pointed it often made things worse.

Bullying is a problem and it should be fixed, but promoting figureheads that are what 13 years old is not the way to go about doing that.

I was bullied myself and I fought back, often with great success, and such the "reign of terror" ended quite sharpish, and I'm actually quite good friends with some of the instigators as they matured in to fine people, however I wouldn't recommend that to anyone else.

I say it once again: They're kids. They do not think straight and school is a bad place to be in even if you're not being bullied, the social structure is all fucked up and it's working nothing like the real world, as such this should not be big news that's blown up in the media. However, I'm all for a healthy faceless debate about bullying when there's no kid figureheads involved, sadly that won't happen as that's not nearly as interesting as the Underdog Who Faught Back.

This is definitely a case of a bullying issue being handled properly. The kid who started it got a long suspension, and the kid who fought back got a much shorter one.

I hate the anti-bullying campaigns these days though. Physical assaults have, for a long time, been taken seriously. But that doesn't seem to be enough for this new generation of parents. Now they want their kids to be protected from hurt feelings. They'd rather silence people who may have negative things to say, rather than teach their children how to handle negative attention. How self-absorbed and emotionally insecure do you have to be to have this reaction?
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

It's funny to me how much condemnation the had kid for fighting someone, is considered too harsh. Yet oddly enough this is one of the many times the world actually likes the fight that the kid fought back. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    "Are you sorry?
    "No. /looks at Dad. I mean yes."
    I think I have seen something likt that before:

1:21 into the video

Hes full of shit, lost me when he said "He would say," Get to class, idiot"" Yeah... physically abusing another child because he point out that he was an idiot(which he probably didn't even do)
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by DionLight7 View Post
    It's funny to me how much condemnation the had kid for fighting someone, is considered too harsh. Yet oddly enough this is one of the many times the world actually likes the fight that the kid fought back. =/
    He hit him first, he had every right to fight back. Not saying violence is always the answer, but sometimes to get people to back off you need to show them who's actually tougher. So, I guess my opinion on this is pretty clear, he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    I was trying real hard to make a sensible post lining up my points, arguments and opinions, but then I realised you're biased. Understandable bias, but biased nontheless.

When it comes to kids fighting kids the media should never be partial; It's simply bad. It doesn't matter who started it, who ended it, or why it was happening. It's a bad idea to promote the bullied kid who fought back as a hero, because as you yourself pointed it often made things worse.

Bullying is a problem and it should be fixed, but promoting figureheads that are what 13 years old is not the way to go about doing that.

I was bullied myself and I fought back, often with great success, and such the "reign of terror" ended quite sharpish, and I'm actually quite good friends with some of the instigators as they matured in to fine people, however I wouldn't recommend that to anyone else.

I say it once again: They're kids. They do not think straight and school is a bad place to be in even if you're not being bullied, the social structure is all fucked up and it's working nothing like the real world, as such this should not be big news that's blown up in the media. However, I'm all for a healthy faceless debate about bullying when there's no kid figureheads involved, sadly that won't happen as that's not nearly as interesting as the Underdog Who Faught Back.
    For the record, I agree with you. I may be biased in favour of the kid who fought back based on my own experiences as a kid being bullied, but I'm old enough to see where things went wrong, at least in my own experiences. The main reason I lashed out in this thread with my other post was because the guy I replied to was waving the whole topic away as being unimportant, which is absolutely not true in the slightest.

I agree that promoting these two boys as figureheads isn't exactly the right thing to do, but this whole thing was brought to light as a way of letting bullied kids around the world know that they're not alone, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Someone else in the thread also claimed that the main people at fault for this are the teachers. I personally disagree with that, as there are only so many teachers at a school, and they have far too much work on their hands without also playing Prison Warden and most teachers aren't paid enough to give a crap in the first place. Plus if you throw in all of the recent "changes" preventing teachers from disciplining children properly and kids end up having far too much power in situations like these. Parents are in the same boat too, if their kids is out of line, a clip around the ear can result in the kid calling Childline and prosecuting their parents for abuse. Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate child abuse in any way, shape or form, but when I was a kid if I stepped out of line I'd get a smack on the back of the leg from my dad in a "I love you, but you're being an idiot, so stop it" way. I grew up perfectly fine and well adjusted, but in this day and age any parent raising a kid that way is seen as evil. People say that you need to reason with the child and make them understand that what they are doing is wrong, but have you ever tried making a kid understand something as complicated as morality? It's like trying to explain quantum physics to a dog. It looks at you, tilts its head and wanders away.

I'm going a bit off-topic there, but suffice to say my point is that kids have too much protection from adults (which has a drastic impact on their development into their own adulthood), and not enough protection in ways that save them from emotional torment at the hands of each other. THAT is where the real issue lies.
    Last edited by CW; 2011-06-27 at 03:55 AM.
    -Cazic, 85 Death Knight, Draenor-EU
    -Chaosweaver, 85 Warlock, Draenor-EU