Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If they search only dark skinned people it would be profiling and people would scream bloody murder and trying to skin their children alive.

NOT searching seniors is also profiling. You don't get it both ways. Either let the security stereotype or deal with them searching anyone and everyone. There is nothing morally or logically incorrect about this kind of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    Whats a 95 year old doing on an airplane anyway? Plus, she knows he rules, she cant complain. Harsh or not, you dontget to break the rules.
    Indeed, those are the rules. With that in mind, the rules are pretty fucking stupid and need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfzwrong View Post
    "Those who sacrifice Freedom for Safety, deserve neither."
    -Benjamin Franlyn
    Who is Benjamin Franlyn?

Oh, and by the way, that quote doesn't mean what you think it means. That, or Benjamin Franklin was an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more confused at how hit and miss these checks are rather than checking grannies (all those bags and metal).
    What's to stop zealot from checking somone's granny out (no connection or relation=no problem with loss) or playing big brother to a child not theirs- nothing.

When I did temporary security as a guardsman right after 9-11... you have day to day protocal and then you have warnings come down line for strictness in a certain time period that some rumor got sniffed by the Spook squads.
    Plus we did have random full checks..even if nothing seems suspicious-to insure the "bad guys" know there is that infinistimal chance they could be checked even if they are as normal as pie.

And I suspect that the daughter was not as cooperative as she could have been therefor making a bad situation more an ordeal ... I mean if no explaination was given for suspicious lump on leg. And already wet and dirty... she was gonna let poor momma ride the plane like that?

In the long run-I'd rather have a day of embarasment and if done wrong-free air trips for life...than be on the plane that hit the building

why is this in the news and why is it a big deal?? ? ??

---------- Post added 2011-06-27 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfzwrong View Post
    "Those who sacrifice Freedom for Safety, deserve neither."
    -Benjamin Franlyn
    ben was a smart man but every person has been proven wrong at one point or another, he is no different. and who is sacrificing freedom here? you dont own a plane, nor an airport... its not your freedom to begin with. you choose to fly, and choose to follow instructions or there will be problems.
    Last edited by whyusocrazy; 2011-06-27 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garimi View Post
    In the long run-I'd rather have a day of embarasment and if done wrong-free air trips for life...than be on the plane that hit the building
    This exactly. I keep telling my husband next time I fly, I'm wearin nothin but my bikini to the airport. BRING IT TSA!

Deleted
    god damn honestly use some common sense but i guess they did what they had to do. could have been some old crazy lady who wanted to end her life and take other with her who knows.. at least they searched her to find out she wasn't.. Imagen if she actually did have a bomb and it was ignored.

but ya rules are rules whats done to one group its only fair is done to other regardless on skin colour, gender, age etc its only fair rules apply to everyone.

if you want to blow a plain up then just put a bomb on like 1,000 suit cases 1 will get thought due to odds. or hide it in a breast implant inside a person or something Jesus. orrrrrrrrrr just blow up the airport????
    Last edited by mmoc1ed7397d63; 2011-06-27 at 03:14 AM.

also, im glad she was white. if another color this might blow up into a big story for nothing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    What if she had a bomb in her diaper....

Just think about it for a second..let it sink in...got it? Imagine what your reaction would be now.
    There comes a time when you are too safe. If we have to make every elderly woman take off her diaper to twart any could-be terrorist plot, they have already won.

They were following safety procedures. While I understand she was an elderly woman and we frown on what they did, imagine how you would feel if they really had found something dangerous there, such as a bomb she intended to detonate on the plane. This kind of thing can and DOES happen. They are looking out for everyone's safety, and they really do try to handle these situations delicately.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    There comes a time when you are too safe. If we have to make every elderly woman take off her diaper to twart any could-be terrorist plot, they have already won.
    They aren't trying to make every elderly woman remove their diaper. It's clearly stated in the article they felt something on her leg and in her diaper and weren't able to determine what it was. They had to take a closer look to make sure it wasn't something that will endanger the passengers.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have to scan or search everybody with the going into underwear. They should shut down the TSA really. Dogs are quicker. yeah last time i travelled by air i had to take my shoes off and get my bag searched, there were dogs there too.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

I side with procedure on this one. Whether people like it or not, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, a 95 year old Oncology patient should be well past the point of embarrassment with this, considering her hospital care, and the daughter overreacted.

It isn't like they stripped down some woman or anything, and the daughter is blowing this situation out of proportion. This is likely why the woman herself wasn't bothered by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I don't get it.

Did they just have the old lady go to a room (by herself?), take off her diaper then simply re-scan her? If so, i don't see this as too bad.
    Or did an employee scan the woman completely pantsless, diapers and all, in that room.

In one case, doesn't seem too bad, granted a tad more inconvenient for the woman given her age. Hell, if they asked me for my underwear, they could have them for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    I don't get it.

Did they just have the old lady go to a room (by herself?), take off her diaper then simply re-scan her? If so, i don't see this as too bad.
    Or did an employee scan the woman completely pantsless, diapers and all, in that room.

In one case, doesn't seem too bad, granted a tad more inconvenient for the woman given her age. Hell, if they asked me for my underwear, they could have them for all i care.
    not alone. her daughter helped her. Also, she wasn't rescanned, she was given a pat down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

15+ Year Old Account
    women can fit a bowling ball up there so I say check her! lol

but in all seriousness, she is 95. What could possibly be up there other than some petrified ovaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    There has also been some drama on the news lately about checking young children. Doing pat downs, removing diapers, etc. People are so upset about it. Terrorists don't care if they put a small child's life (or the life of an elderly person) at risk and, let's face it, a bulky padded diaper would be a great place to hide something...aside from the smelly side effects of course

|Not Taking Requests|My Work|Signature by Zarina|

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    women can fit a bowling ball up there so I say check her! lol

but in all seriousness, she is 95. What could possibly be up there other than some petrified ovaries?
    The same things that could be on any other person. Her age doesn't matter for anything other than how easy it is to manipulate people into being outraged.