Thread: Wow is...fine?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wow is...fine?

The epidemic of "omgwowisdying-itis" keeps popping up with shorter and shorter intervals, and I'd like to throw in my two cents.

Is wow dying?

We have more items than ever, and its more suited and yet more diverse than ever. Warriorsets no longer have spirits on them, and hybrids have different gear, for different specs.
    We have more levels than ever and leveling has never been this fun, easy and fast.
    Remember vanilla? Leveling in vanilla was an unsurmountable task, that im sure has taken is toll in form of the lives of many alts.
    We have more instances than ever - and they've never been this diverse.
    There are more bosses than ever, and there are more dungeons than ever. We just had a new patch with new content, and there is another on its way.
    We have more content than ever in form for Pve, pvp, achievementmongering, professions, exploring, moneymaking, etc.
    We have more balance than ever (yes, I said it. Yes, I know about DKs and mages). If it is unbalanced, it will be fixed, and it has been this way for a while. Remember no DRs on stuns? Being locked until dead? Feared until dead? Sheeped for what seemed like 9 minutes?

Why are people asking the impossible from blizzard? Exactly where is it they failed?
    Is it because that once a new raid tier is out, the slightly older is nerfed, so it appeals to a broader segment of the population? Isn't it fair that everyone gets it see it?

The most likely scenario is that if you think wow is dying you've probably just played it too much and you're nostalgic for the days when it was new and interesting, and maybe you should walk away.

Wow is fine. The problem is you and your nostalgia.

That is all

Good day

I do fully agree.
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

yep, i tatally agree with u.
    I think it's fine , there are many newbies instead of the ones who quit.
    Dying? NO ! For me , if one of my friends still in Azeroth ,so do i

OP, you are spot on.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good day, I concur.

Even though I started in Wrath(3.0.8), I have soon 9 lvl 85s and 10th-to-be-85 is 83 aswell. I never really run out of stuff to do, unless it is Monday/tuesday(Raid locks QQ >_>).

OP is right, Haters gonna hate, but that is the internet and "community-know-it-better-than-developers" -people who make these "wowisdying" threads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good day to you too.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    To be honest, the more attention you give to the people saying wow is dying, the worse it gets. Just ignore/troll them, and enjoy the game as much as you can.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Completely agree!

10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting until the end of the year to make that call (if WoW is indeed on it's way out).

Otherwise, highly opinionated OP, stating said opinions as fact.

yeah ! good day to you too, wish you a herd of ponies !

Deleted
    wow is dying, PONIES WILL RULE, on a serius note wow is awesome and wont die

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    The epidemic of "omgwowisdying-itis" keeps popping up with shorter and shorter intervals, and I'd like to throw in my two cents.

Is wow dying?

We have more items than ever, and its more suited and yet more diverse than ever. Warriorsets no longer have spirits on them, and hybrids have different gear, for different specs.
    We have more levels than ever and leveling has never been this fun, easy and fast.
    Remember vanilla? Leveling in vanilla was an unsurmountable task, that im sure has taken is toll in form of the lives of many alts.
    We have more instances than ever - and they've never been this diverse.
    There are more bosses than ever, and there are more dungeons than ever. We just had a new patch with new content, and there is another on its way.
    We have more content than ever in form for Pve, pvp, achievementmongering, professions, exploring, moneymaking, etc.
    We have more balance than ever (yes, I said it. Yes, I know about DKs and mages). If it is unbalanced, it will be fixed, and it has been this way for a while. Remember no DRs on stuns? Being locked until dead? Feared until dead? Sheeped for what seemed like 9 minutes?

Why are people asking the impossible from blizzard? Exactly where is it they failed?
    Is it because that once a new raid tier is out, the slightly older is nerfed, so it appeals to a broader segment of the population? Isn't it fair that everyone gets it see it?

The most likely scenario is that if you think wow is dying you've probably just played it too much and you're nostalgic for the days when it was new and interesting, and maybe you should walk away.

Wow is fine. The problem is you and your nostalgia.

That is all

Good day
    But that is the Problem, WoW is fine, just..fine, not bad, not good, not terrible, not great, just fine, Mediocrity isn't something business' should strive for.

But it seems to be the Norm at the current moment within WoW, and currently i tend to be having more times going, "wow this is shit" or "wow that was boring" other than times going "Wow that was fun and exciting and cool"

you can say it is nostalgia all you want, but i CAN actually remember thinking "WOW THIS IS COOL!" when i was playing through vanilla and BC, but it has just kind of slid off and hit a Plateau of "JUST FINE"

Oh good old "nostalgia" card. Seems to be used a lot by people who never had pleasure of playing in Vanilla or TBC, if they did they wouldn't be posting so much crap on forums as OP did. Only good thing about current WoW is raiding and friends I've got. Everything else is boring and too easy. Completly nothing to do outside of raids as nothing has purpose anymore. Everything is so dumbed and casual friendly there is no point doing anything other than said raids.

Deleted
    because i say so

Deleted
    I fully agree with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    This should be stickied and rewarded with 2 sixpacks of beer IRL.

The more you give consumers, the more they demand.
    -story time-
    I used to work in retail, and we'd sell paint that was usually 100 bucks for about 30 at times (Nothing wrong with it, just replacing the brand with a new one or whatever). Yet despite such a low price, people always wanted it lower.
    Sure money is a different issue, but the mindset is there.
    I on the other hand enjoy WoW right now, and will continue to play untill I no longer do or Blizzard closes it's doors. I'm not simply going to quit cause "they be nerfin mah class!" or whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Oh good old "nostalgia" card. Seems to be used a lot by people who never had pleasure of playing in Vanilla or TBC, if they did they wouldn't be posting so much crap on forums as OP did. Only good thing about current WoW is raiding and friends I've got. Everything else is boring and too easy. Completly nothing to do outside of raids as nothing has purpose anymore. Everything is so dumbed and casual friendly there is no point doing anything other than said raids.
    And the nostalgia card is hated by people who can't tell the difference between hard and unconvenient/grindy.