Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's just as good as BS/JS ( +80 to stat), and it doubles flask duration and stacks with a guild perk. So my rogue drinking from a guild cauldron has a 4 hour flask duration.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

benefits:
    increased flask duration
    increased flask effect (roughly 25% increase, or 80 of primary stat, aka the same benefit as other crafting profs)
    alch only trinkets with a gem slot and stat that can be reforged
    endless potions
    endless flask for farm content (+80 to primary stat)
    +40% value from mana/health potions when alchemist stone is equipped
    ability to make/place cauldrons

Yeah... I can totally see how it's wasted on a raiding toon. /sarcasm

GTFO.

Besides tailoring cloak enchant for spell casters (around 100int average), Alchemy is equal to every other crafting professions in terms of stat gain. So your choice is tailoring/X for spell casters and X/Y for non spell casters.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanarrogantwizard View Post
    as was pointed out, mixology will give you +80 int/strength/agi on top of the base 300 from the flask. check your facts next time before you rant about nothing
    Yes, this was discussed earlier in the thread. The tooltip just wasn't showing up for me to show the extra benefit. Just disregard this thread to me failing. I think a picard faceplam is in order

Quote Originally Posted by Castimcnasti View Post
    Mixology, double the duration of any elixir or flask. Mixology is a waste when cauldrons are out. Providing you have the guild rank for max charges and duration, guildies flask will only last two hours while yours last 4 hours. The guild is going to have to redrop another cauldron, so the benefit of your mixology is wasted.
    Wow... You do know you get an increased amount of X from the flask. As in you get 80 more Int, Str, etc. Don't post if you don't know what you are talking about, please.

6/7 H; 31st guild in the US.
    -Guild Website - Downtime
    -Armory - Arcane Mage (Frostyqt)
    -Latest Video - Firelands Trash Farming

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175 Synapse springs, when used on cooldown, averages to 80 of your stat, I believe.
    Yes, but on top of that engineering gives the tinkers which are unique (although they can be deadly).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

so reasons to take alchemy: mixology, an alch only trinket, the ability to drop a guild cauldron, and making tons of money? ...sounds pretty good to me!
    sorry, im just having difficulty interpreting the reason for the post. As a casual who hasnt seen raids since LK, can anyone tell me if an alchemist using a guild cauldron dropped by someone else gets his extra stat gain from the mixology buff? if thats not the case and alch's have to use their own flasks regardless then maybe i could see a cause to complain.

Deleted
    Alch are like tanks and healers, everyone takes them for granted
    lolwat? fail thread is fail and a mod should delete it ty for wasting 1min of my life.

Well written post. However, stats-wise you are wrong, like the other guys already pointed out.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    You get the same 80 extra of a stat like every other profession. Additionally you get your extra duration and you can decide for special encounters where a resistance flask is needed to get additional resistance.

What are you asking for? Every crafting-profession get their extra stats + nothing more, when you cut it down to "just for raiding".
    Except, an engineer who gets an extra of utility and the alchemist who get's his extra duration + he can situationally change his extra-stat (e.g. resistance).

So if you re-evaluate your professions you're just taking raiding into account, than every profession except alchemy and engineering is waisted. Your arguments are weak.

fail thread is fail

15+ Year Old Account
    That's lame, but the tooltips work on trinkets and other items like your class buffs/procs through talents. Why not flask? I do know that the core hound pet for BM hunters isn't updated, the heroism debuff says you cant benefit from another ancient hysteria, but you doesn't say anything about hero/timewarp, but it shares the same CD even though tooltip doesn't say so.
    Buff tooltips never ever change. Never have, never will (probably). Reasoning of a blue once was that you should't be able to see what a (possibly enemy) player has talented (or in this case what's his profession) by reading the buffs he has (in a time when you still could skill buffs for more stats).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Good to see that noone understands the OP.

The increased duration on flasks is wasted when you drop cauldrons. You have to accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post

The increased duration on flasks is wasted when you drop cauldrons. You have to accept it.
    Increased flask duration is a side-thing, thats not Alchemys primary profession buff. Think of the duration as the equivalent to engineering belt tinkers. The added stats are the profession boost.

So no, you are in the same category as OP. Completely incorrect. Try again.

Same category as OP.

You do realize you are going to get the +80 from another source... so...... if you get it from JC, who cares? People can cut your gems for you. Leatherworking? People can make stuff for you (you can get 50 int to bracers). Etc., and so forth. In my opinion, Alchemy is one of the best professions. You can be a Potion master (not many people are) and you can proc your own potions when making them. For this reason, it's hard to find a potion master, so you can just become one, you can keep all your procs, and it saves you tons of time.

Great example: To get myself prepped for Firelands, I made 1631 Volcanic Potions (overkill, but the prices of Potions and mats will skyrocket tomorrow). I procced anywhere from 200-375 extra. I don't know of any other profession that aids you like this. And if you want someone else to make it for you, who could you ask to make you 1000+ potions? On their time? For no tip?
    6/7 H; 31st guild in the US.
    -Guild Website - Downtime
    -Armory - Arcane Mage (Frostyqt)
    -Latest Video - Firelands Trash Farming

In my guild we find there is one extra benefit. We drop both big cauldrons at the first boss, everyone (non-spirit flask users) drinks one and takes another to use when first one expires. Except that b/c the alch's don't need another one with a 4 hr duration, they can give their 2nd to a replacement if one comes in. Small little extra benefit, but helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeague View Post
    In my guild we find there is one extra benefit. We drop both big cauldrons at the first boss, everyone (non-spirit flask users) drinks one and takes another to use when first one expires. Except that b/c the alch's don't need another one with a 4 hr duration, they can give their 2nd to a replacement if one comes in. Small little extra benefit, but helpful.
    Also very useful to keep spares if you have someone that swaps roles a lot, like our warrior.

You know having the stone thats super OP'd for most classes isnt an issue..i wish i had chosen Alch instead of enchanting now that tanking stone is super mega OP'd

Alch gives +80 to your highest stat. This is comparable to every other crafting profession, which all give very close to 80 to whichever stat.

in vanilla and tbc not every profession was as good as the others. and back then the game was great.
    so stop whining and stop begging for homogenization