Reflective Shield

How effective is Reflective Shield in Battlegrounds? I'm a pvp disc priest and I've been using reflective shield for a while and had to sacrifice talent points in Soul Warding. Reflective Shield is usually the top damage I do so I'm torn between the two. Any tips?

You don't really need damage as a disc :-) keeping ppl alive etc is more important in BGs. I wouldn't take it, just spend them somewhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    In battlegrounds, I would say no, other things will outweigh this greatly. In 2's, however, I run it to put some pressure on the person(people) attacking me. Keep in mind, Reflective Shield only does damage from shields you place on YOURSELF, so shield spamming a raid/bg will not proc it.

Yea im aware it only works on myself and the reason why I asked is that with Reflective Shield and Strength of Soul, I find myself much invincible and Im still able to heal my party members and do damage to anyone attacking me at the same time. I guess I just liked the idea of multitasking =x
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2011-06-27 at 07:29 PM.

Its hard to answer a situational question with lots of variables such as;
    How much more damage would you/another DPS have done if having sould warding would have kept you/them alive
    Would the damage from Ref SH be enough to kill someone reducing the opponants damage?
    Most likely when all is said and done Ref SH would have given your battleground more of a benefit, but it's all situational.

Deleted
    not worth getting it imo

It is worth it for arenas, not worth it for bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    It is worth it for arenas, not worth it for bgs.
    Yea, sounds like I'll have one spec with it, and one spec without it.

Thanks for all the advice guys

Its not worth it in general, even in arena. The chances that you will be able to burst someone down beating on you are very slim. And even then.. Reflective Shields will provide nowhere near enough damage or pressure.

When you are bursting someone down, majority of the time they will either be in a stun, smokebomb (if you play with a rogue), or they will play defensive and make priority to LoS/reduce damage taken, over hitting you.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Its not worth it in general, even in arena. The chances that you will be able to burst someone down beating on you are very slim. And even then.. Reflective Shields will provide nowhere near enough damage or pressure.

When you are bursting someone down, majority of the time they will either be in a stun, smokebomb (if you play with a rogue), or they will play defensive and make priority to LoS/reduce damage taken, over hitting you.
    this guy knows what he's talking about. better off spending the points on something else, which will be more useful.

I personally think its fun as hell in BGs to watch someone beat on you, do zero damage to you, and inflict 45% of the damage to himself instead. Throw pain and plague on him with your pw:s up and watch him kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post

I could almost swear I made a post here earlier today, seems like I was dreaming :S Anyway, reflective shield does under 10k damage, and the target has to attack you as well. In higher rated arena is there no reason what so ever to use this talent, and Powell's information is correct. What you are doing in normal bg's is your call, have fun is all that matters. But I wont recommend it.