Deleted

Why is so much hate around ?

Why nearly everyone bitch about new games (swtor,gw2, rift, etc) and same with wow ? I dont get it why they hate each other ? what happened to mmos community ? i know lot of ppl will say that another mmo fan / wow fan made it, but for example me, im swtor fan same as wow one. im rly lookin forward for swtor so i hate when someone start with swtor fail bla bla bla and same on the other hand. Isnt actually good if one game has same game rivality ? so why the fack are ppl so rude and impatient ?

It's like this with any "community". You have fanbois for all sides. You have people that are just hateful and will talk trash about everything regardless of quality. You have closed minded idiots who refuse to leave their little world and broaden their horizons.

Those are just a few examples, take your pick. It's not exclusive to MMO's, it goes across ANY area (gaming headsets, FPS, strategy games, fast food joints, you name it and it exists there too).

Anonymity + narcissistic personality disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    ^ This, anonymity allows people to say shit they never would in real life.

Well it is simple and involves math.

WoW has maybe 4-6million NA/EU subs.

The assumption people make is to be successful you have to take those subs. Everyone is working under the guess the mmo community is only so big so for your game to grow something must get smaller.

Well if you are a fan of WoW and Rift takes 600k of that and now GW2 and SWToR want a piece of each other and Rift everyone gets hostile and digs in. As I said before we are all playing a game of highlander AND THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Deleted
    Sadly that is just the way it is now. Every game is a 'wow clone' and if you dont get 12 million subs in the first 6 seconds of release then.. LOLZ FAIL MMO!!

It hurts my head when i think about it. All you can do is enjoy the game you play and ignore the gibbering fan boys from other mmos that will try and rubbish any mmo that they dont play.

Deleted
    What do you expect ? People on the Internet care about there actions ? >.< People who a rude, are the people that are 11 - 23 Impatient + Fat + Zitty Face + Bullied In real life + has no social skills. I would add more, but completing Dirt 3 >.<

Deleted
    For some reason they feel the need to defend their game and their reason(s) for playing it.. <.<

It's the easier thing to do perhaps? I dunno i guess it's easier to hate something than to research some info and think logically and come up with good arguments. Can say the same thing for blind fanboys also hehe =P

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor

WoW has maybe 4-6million NA/EU subs.
    Never! NA/EU never had more than 2mio/each. Max 1Mio in EU and 1,5Mio in NA. Even in TBC WoW didn't had 6mio in EU/NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Also this. This to a 1,000,000 time degree to the 12th power.

It's nothing wrong with MMO's it's what's wrong with the Internet and humanity. You can look at any community that has a fanbase it's full of idiots who run their mouths.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

It happens because we are humans. We are imperfect, and we love to fight over nothing and think that we know better than the next person.

People seem to want to be defined by what they like, what they play. They get very protective, and it is very often that their identities are defined by what they are not. That is why they bash other things, to show that such things are very different from them.

All in all, most people cling to reason while having their passions driving them. So they end up with perfectly reasonable arguments according to their own passions, and if you go against that, you are in for some heated discussions.

It is the same everywhere. People should just understand that other people see things differently, and that such different views should be respected. Having that, everything else goes rather smoothly, I would say

15+ Year Old Account
    The greater internet fuckwad theory explains this phenomenom as follows:

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Dajmon View Post
    Why nearly everyone bitch about new games (swtor,gw2, rift, etc) and same with wow ? I dont get it why they hate each other ? what happened to mmos community ? i know lot of ppl will say that another mmo fan / wow fan made it, but for example me, im swtor fan same as wow one. im rly lookin forward for swtor so i hate when someone start with swtor fail bla bla bla and same on the other hand. Isnt actually good if one game has same game rivality ? so why the fack are ppl so rude and impatient ?
    Well some people are fanboy's, other's just like messing with people, and then some people just like voicing their opinion about everything because they want someone to listen and for them to believe opinion matters.

Somewhat related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycwY...eature=related

"What that shows is that 97% of Americans will give you a strong opinion even though they have no ******** clue, whatsoever about the subject."
    Last edited by DracoAskira; 2011-06-27 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Additonal information

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    The greater internet fuckwad theory explains this phenomenom as follows:

Thanks. I was going to post that.
    I'm a crazy taco.