Thread: Forsaken World

Forsaken World

Anyone else play? What do you think about the game? Any tips for someone who hasn't played for that long?

I started playing a couple months ago after I quit World of Warcraft, and I can honestly say that while I like the game (my level 45 priest says I do), I can see how it might not be the best free to play mmo out there. Getting to level 30 is okay, but as soon as you get past that it's like suddenly hitting a wall and the typical 'grind' feel kicks in. Daily quests only get you so far, and actually questing and monster killing gives you next to no experience at all. You'll be forced to enter God's Trial pretty much every day if you hope to get anywhere, and even then you can only run it once per day and only when the instance is open (noon-ish to 1:30 and later on during the evening).

Oh, and you'll also need Lionheart scrolls for pretty much any instance you enter. Otherwise you'll get next to no experience. As of now I only get maybe 3 or 4 bars worth of experience in GT on my priest and that's WITH a scroll to help me.

Another gripe I have is the mana regen. Or lack thereof. My priest is heavily dependent on mana, and more often than not I'm DPSing and healing at the same time. Doing both puts a big strain on me and it's become a game of timing my cool-downs and juggling mana potions rather than just focusing on the instance. Although I will say crafting and gathering is very easy in this game and you can make a decent amount of mana potions so that you won't have to worry about mana.

Sadly it's not very 'newbie friendly' either. When I first started playing I had so many tool tips and suggestions thrown at me I felt pretty overwhelmed. It took me a little bit to figure out why I had two currencies rather than just one, and don't even get me started on the pet system. I still haven't completely figured that out. XD

Nasty stuff aside, I love the way it looks. I <3 all of the armor sets and you can tell a lot of effort went into designing them (especially the bard). That's not usually something you see in F2P mmos, and it is most definitely appreciated from me. The mounts are okay, there's not been anything really special and to be honest you don't really *need* one unless you plan on gathering a *lot*. (Then again I don't mind walking and prefer to save my points for skill spending.) Having said that, the only good mounts you'll see are for level 50+ players. I'm still pining for the Lightning Charger ever since I saw it, but I need 5 more levels which will take me a good couple of weeks. :F

Oh, and the fact they introduced a few non-traditional classes also is a plus. I mean how many vampire classes do you see in other mmos? The bard also plays differently than what I'm used to, and I enjoy it.

In the end I suppose you'll just have to play to 35ish and then decide if it's right for you. If you're a somewhat serious player and don't mind logging on at specific times for GT you might be okay. If you're a hardcore quester/mob-grinding person you'll have a much harder time (damn near impossible imo). The key is to find a good group of people to entertain yourself with during the off-hours of GT.