Page 1 of 3
LastLast

For all you PVEers out there...

What amount of raiding progression do you usually aim for per raid content patch? Do you not feel accomplished till you've downed all heroic content or is half of the normal bosses good enough for you?

I usually shoot for all normal bosses downed before the next major content patch (ie. 12/12 normal in cata before 4.2) which i have done this time, 12/12 normal and 3/13 heroic so I'm good

What about you other raiders?

I feel the same.
    Get at me.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Signus/simple
    IPVP
    Vow of Silence - Zul'jin Alliance

if i haven't at least seen, and preferably killed, every encounter in a raid tier i'd feel like i was just wasting my time. it's like playing pokemon and giving up at the 5th gym, why would you do that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount

Is what I usually aim for

All content on hardest difficulty, all achievement's, all PvE related mount's... unless its a stupid drop rate .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount

What this person said.
    Killed everything on heroic besides Sinestra this tier and since it was on 10 man, which is said to be the hardest 10 man heroic in the game, Im happy we got to see her and get her down to about 9mil.

Deleted
    Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount

^ This. Server firsts are a nice bonus, but if I don't get to clear all the content there is I feel like I didn't perform up to par.

Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount
    All i can add "have all the pve achievements"

How could someone aim for something else?

My aim for PVE was always to kill each boss once and if I could be arsed I'd do more, like I did with ToC heroic but PVE usually bores me to death before people are geared to progress and do heroics, in Cata I managed 6/12 normal before getting bored to tears and stopping.

Deleted
    Normally Aim for all normal content finished at least aswell at 4pc tier on my main raiding toon. I think of heroic modes as something to spice up the farm runs if you get the main objective finished earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynteth View Post
    What amount of raiding progression do you usually aim for per raid content patch?
    Full clear. I either do something to 100%, or not at all. Life's to short to do things half-assed, and I have never understood people who goes through life half-completing stuff.

Deleted
    I'm perfectly content with only having killed half this tier on Heroic, to tell the truth, I got further than I thought I would. Having always been in crappy Guilds have learned me to set my standards quite low. /sadface

Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount

This is what i aim for. But realistically i'll never get it. But trying and fail is better than having low objectives.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I aim for 2,5k....?

I'm just in it for the ride, doesn't really matter where I end up. Clearing everything is certainly nice but never my focus. If i like my guild/group, i stick with it.

In general, i don't really care for heroics. not a very motivating design imo.

All of the content down is the aim. This content we were close to getting that, only things missing are sinestra and AC hardmode (Quite frankly I don't give a sh*t about AC). We had sinestra down to 52% in phase 3, but some guild drama occured. ah well.. meh

Everything cleared
    Everything farmed
    Have the meta mount

Since having been in only a Casual-Hardcore type guild (Raided 3 days a week for like 3 hours but alot of the players weren't very fantastic) in WOTLK to now being in a much more Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore guild that's my aim.
    We only got 8/13 this Tier which was quite a letdown But hopefully Firelands that Goal will be achieved this time.

All normal content down and at least half the hardmodes....only got 5/13 this tier.

/sadface.

Deleted
    Normal content cleared
    A good chunk of the heroic content down. Not so fussed about clearing all the heroic content, provided I clear a satisfactory amount before the next tier.

6/13 Is ok with me, would've been better to get atleast 7 or 8/13 though.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Since having been in only a Casual-Hardcore type guild (Raided 3 days a week for like 3 hours but alot of the players weren't very fantastic) in WOTLK to now being in a much more Semi-Hardcore/Hardcore guild that's my aim.
    We only got 8/13 this Tier which was quite a letdown But hopefully Firelands that Goal will be achieved this time.
    7 bosses in this tier :P best of luck and may you do your best in firelands!