Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The value of crit relative to other stats hasn't changed with the trinket buff.

Quote Originally Posted by nadrii View Post
    The value of crit relative to other stats hasn't changed with the trinket buff.
    I plan on resimming once a new version of SimulationCraft is released (containing the VPLC changes) with an updated profile.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    I plan on resimming once a new version of SimulationCraft is released (containing the VPLC changes) with an updated profile.
    I am sort of thinking my original thought that if you have the trink then crit might be slightly better than mastery... but I don't think this change would make it way better than mastery. But yea, I am looking forward to what the sims say

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sort of thinking my original thought that if you have the trink then crit might be slightly better than mastery... but I don't think this change would make it way better than mastery. But yea, I am looking forward to what the sims say
    Right now, Crit ~= Mastery (Mastery is ever-so-slightly ahead of Crit, just like Hit/Spirit are close with one ever-so-slightly ahead). My prediction is that crit will gain on all sims, specifically:

• REMH will rise significantly because our DoTs will be ticking (and critting) on the Boss while we're running around.
    • REML and HS will rise slightly for the same reasons given for REMH, just less time running and more time casting (so other stats are more important than REMH).
    • Patchwerk will rise very little because we're doing full rotation/priority.

EDIT: Since we're replacing DMC:V for VPLC, we'll be gaining a large amount of Int, but losing a lot of Mastery and Haste. This Haste loss might put us below a plateau and dork around with Haste's PP value in ways I can't/won't try to predict. The Mastery loss should be fairly linear and cause it's PP value to drop slightly.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2011-09-08 at 05:55 PM.

Yes losing the haste from DMC:V is a big loss, especially considering how few gear is available with Spirit on it, forcing some reforges to prioritize that over Haste. Meaning getting to both Hit cap and the haste "plateau" is very frustrating atm.

Not until you're able to kill Heroic Rag, to provide you with either a Spirit weapon (+ Goblet of Anger) or helm, allowing you to use the Alysrazor legs and keep the 4pc, will you be able to reach both caps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Yes losing the haste from DMC:V is a big loss, especially considering how few gear is available with Spirit on it, forcing some reforges to prioritize that over Haste. Meaning getting to both Hit cap and the haste "plateau" is very frustrating atm.

Not until you're able to kill Heroic Rag, to provide you with either a Spirit weapon (+ Goblet of Anger) or helm, allowing you to use the Alysrazor legs and keep the 4pc, will you be able to reach both caps.
    sure you can.
    you could reach it before t12 if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    sure you can.
    you could reach it before t12 if you wanted.
    Of course you can, at the sacrifice of a major loss in DPS by not using your BiS gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Of course you can, at the sacrifice of a major loss in DPS by not using your BiS gear
    BiS gear gives both those caps. Not sure I'm following.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    BiS gear gives both those caps. Not sure I'm following.
    I think he means during the process of switching from lower gear levels to the BiS gear it is easy to fall under the haste cap or hit cap.

Thank you, thought that was obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    haste cap
    Can we please ban this word from SP forums
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-09 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    How about all forums?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah i'm not familiar with haste on every class, they maybe have some kind of cap, we don't for sure and it's missleading for the new spriests that reading it, topics with title "I hit haste cap what should i stack now crit or mastery?" will pop like mushrooms

Int = 1.0000
    Spirit = 0.5901
    Spell Power = 0.7279
    Hit = 0.5911
    Crit = 0.4499
    Haste = 0.5218
    Mastery = 0.4584
    DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.2499

well, cant understand them exactly but thank you anyway .
    i would like to restart my holy priest asap once i get my new pc. lol

Nah i'm not familiar with haste on every class, they maybe have some kind of cap, we don't for sure and it's missleading for the new spriests that reading it, topics with title "I hit haste cap what should i stack now crit or mastery?" will pop like mushrooms
    Welcome to 10 months ago (and at least 3 of beta "numbers" before that) with the Holy community.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Sorry I offended you so horribly with my bad choice of words... let me try again... while you are in the process of gearing up to the BiS gear is is very easy depending on what pieces you get in what order to fall under 30% Haste (especially if you are not a Goblin or don't get DI) and/or the Hit cap. Is that better for you?

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 10:45 AM ----------

Hmm, Arlee is grumpy in the morning before her coffee... anywho, I was just wondering to myself about why the term "Haste Cap" suddenly doesn't bother me so much anymore. I think the reason boils down to that once you get past the 30% haste point (if you don't get DI) it doesn't actually make much difference at all if you keep stacking haste after there or start trying to add on more mastery. Both ways work out really well. Heck with the capacitor changes it might workout to being worthwhile to stack more crit if you have that trink.

So yea, I don't think referring to it as a cap is a huge deal. I mean sure someone new might get confused and think that if they got at all over 30% haste then they are wasting a stat... but idk... part of being a good spriest is really understanding the whys of what works as opposed to just doing what people say. I mean the way spriests work in a lot of ways is based on knowing what to do if something else happens/is the case. It's hard to always make the correct choice in these situations though unless you understand the why's behind the options.

Anywho, that's just my thoughts on it
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-09-09 at 02:05 PM.

Well there is no true Haste "Cap" as there is a Hit Cap, so in that sense it would be confusing. Haste is always valuable unlike Hit. I'd be more inclined to call it a Haste Plateau, but even that can be a bit misleading. Yes for this tier, after 30%, Haste declines below Crit and Mastery, but for the next tier when more Haste is available to us we should be able to get to our next "Plateau" for DP and that would cause Haste to become our top stat once again until we reach that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have a Shadow Priest forum? Who the hell is moderating that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Welcome to 10 months ago (and at least 3 of beta "numbers" before that) with the Holy community.
    But Kel, after you get 12.5% Haste, you go full Mastery, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!
    This user was banned for this post --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-09 at 10:53 PM.

I thought about (and had typed out) witty responses to Ultima's post, but then I thought someone might take it as serious advice from me so I erased it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I offended you so horribly with my bad choice of words... let me try again... while you are in the process of gearing up to the BiS gear is is very easy depending on what pieces you get in what order to fall under 30% Haste (especially if you are not a Goblin or don't get DI) and/or the Hit cap. Is that better for you?

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 10:45 AM ----------

Hmm, Arlee is grumpy in the morning before her coffee... anywho, I was just wondering to myself about why the term "Haste Cap" suddenly doesn't bother me so much anymore. I think the reason boils down to that once you get past the 30% haste point (if you don't get DI) it doesn't actually make much difference at all if you keep stacking haste after there or start trying to add on more mastery. Both ways work out really well. Heck with the capacitor changes it might workout to being worthwhile to stack more crit if you have that trink.

So yea, I don't think referring to it as a cap is a huge deal. I mean sure someone new might get confused and think that if they got at all over 30% haste then they are wasting a stat... but idk... part of being a good spriest is really understanding the whys of what works as opposed to just doing what people say. I mean the way spriests work in a lot of ways is based on knowing what to do if something else happens/is the case. It's hard to always make the correct choice in these situations though unless you understand the why's behind the options.

Anywho, that's just my thoughts on it
    I was not intended to offend you , sorry if i did, i don't know why you react in this way.
    I was somewhat joking