Is my proccesor worth keeping?

The graphics card port on my motherboard has broken and i am wondering whether i should get a new motherboard or new motherboard and proccesor. I was thinking to upgrade to an Intel i5 2500k, but i feel like it would be a waste to throw away my current proccesor because i only really play WoW and the occasional starcraft and don't need an amazing computer. Should i get a new motherboard and keep my current processor or upgrade my cpu and get a new motherboard to support it?

Computer Specs
    CPU: Amd Phenon 2 X4 2.66GHz
    RAM: 8gb
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 4350/ onboard
    Mobo: Pegatron Corporation Violet3
    PSU: 300 watts

Thanks in advance

It is indeed worth keeping, it is not a bad processor at all, what I would do is get a new graphics card, while your at it.
    If there is a free PCI-e slot on the board you could just plug a new Graphics card in there, should be a bit cheaper then a whole new motherboard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrlol View Post
    If there is a free PCI-e slot on the board you could just plug a new Graphics card in there, should be a bit cheaper then a whole new motherboard!
    His board only has one, and it is broken, so he needs a new motherboard either way..

I think you would be best off getting a cheap motherboard replacement. A graphics card upgrade is probably warranted before a new cpu, but if you intend to ever upgrade both, you might want to look into Sandy Bridge.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Phenom II 915e is kinda weak by today's standard but a new PSU and GPU would be better investment for you.

thanks for the input

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 06:17 AM ----------

do you have any reccomendations for a mobo under 100 that has 4 RAM slots?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i suggest getting a new MB and proc, and get a geforce 9500 gt or similar graphics card.
    GRRRRRR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...707R-_-Product

Decent mobo with 4 ram slots under 100$

That is if you are deciding to ditch your current MOBO for the intel