Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Smile disc priests still the same ?

Hi there i was just wondering if disc priests have ANY changes done to them (( better mana regen more survivorbility ) or is it still u have to stand behind the pillar or get blown up still ... i like disc only at 1809 rating but there just so bad at survivorbility in 3 all it is is who kills the healer first pretty sad really and im not enjoying the game atm not buying membership unless threy have atleast donesomthing to them ps ( level sham to 85 full bloodthirst gear and at 2065 rating so WTF LOL first time EVERY healing on it so priest needs a little work or im staying sham ) ty

Rshaman is OP as hell, disc is fairly balanced. Your partners need to l2peel for you, it shouldnt be two opposing healer zergs.

My priest just hit 85 recently so take this with a grain of salt. From the healers i've played (everything but pally) priest appears to be the most balanced of any. As Nereth said, rshams are rather OP right now so they shouldn't be used as a basis of comparision. A good priest is very irritating and very difficult to kill, and they can be extremely offensive when the situation calls for it making them potent in the right hands.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

We don't want to compare anything to Rshams, as we can all agree they are an outlier.

Relative to other healers, as mentioned, disc is one of the most balanced. The 4.2 change to crit is somewhat of an indirect nerf as PvP Disc rely more heavily on PWS, but it isn't 'bad'. Overall, theyll still be fine and they will still fill a viable slot in arena.

And if you think melee cleaves on Disc is bad, spare flowers to our Resto Druid brethren.

Deleted
    2050 is hardly that much different from 1800, to begin with, but you know, whatevs.

Disc priests are extremely strong right now and they are, for sure, the most balanced spec there is out there, relative to everything, not just other healers. Disc mana is fine, as you can still perform even with your mana on the low plus they usually play with classes that can stall, kite and generally just survive on their own making drinking is a very easy thing to do (at least against terrible teams and/or at terrible ratings). Their survivability is fine, you WILL need peels against TSG and similar setups and/or variations, but then again, so does every other fucking class in the entire game.

A good disc priest paired with team mates around the same skill-level is a VERY hard target to even connect on, let alone train.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    And if you think melee cleaves on Disc is bad, spare flowers to our Resto Druid brethren.
    :: Pours one out for his druid homies::
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    Disc priest are not the same anymore, they were the only healers I respected because they were hard to play, now they have become like the 3 other healers, faceroll and no skill needed at all.

1. Mass Barriar
    2. Immune to silence + intrrupt
    3. Loss of SwD breaking CC?

These are some sad changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Disc priest are not the same anymore, they were the only healers I respected because they were hard to play, now they have become like the 3 other healers, faceroll and no skill needed at all.
    It is quite obvious you don't play a priest
    I'm not even going to touch the bolded part.

1. Mass Barriar
    is rather small, has a 10 second duration and only reduces incoming damage by 25%. Very situational in arena, slightly better in BGs

for 5 seconds every 45 seconds?

no

Don't spread misinformation based on your own guesses without at least checking wowhead. Even then, have some idea of how to play the class you're going to flame
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted

1. Mass Barriar

These are some sad changes.
    Gj, you fail at the game.

Deleted
    priests arent that bad.
    they do die pretty fast though. just try and get your team mates to peel to keep you alive

Deleted
    Anybody who claims that I am wrong is biased Priests with immunity to interrupts and a mass barriar are the new prot/holy paladins of s6. Too noob friendly and idiot proof, not as skill based as they used to be. Claiming that I fail at the game is another funny biased insult.

Deleted
    The thing is... you think you're right but you arent.

Stop trying to 1v1 the priest and get someone else, rogue cant solo a disc, end of the story.

Deleted
    All you have done there is name some of the better abilities of a priest and said its faceroll G_G

you can do that to any class and say its faceroll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    The thing is... you think you're right but you arent.

Stop trying to 1v1 the priest and get someone else, rogue cant solo a disc, end of the story.
    Actually rogues can solo priests My comment was unbiased and based on reason and facts. Every class has become easier to play, Including Rogues. Frost Mages have sufferd the most from this "main-stream noob friendly" direction that blizzard has taken.

Deleted
    if you're really bad at priest vs a really good rogue, then yes a rogue can solo a priest.

Actually rogues can solo priests .
    True

My comment was unbiased and based on reason and facts.
    False

Your Opinion on the OPness/easiness of priest abilities and mechanics =/= a conclusion based on reason and facts.
    Until you bring back hard data on the OPness of priests (doesnt exsist) your opinion will remain your opinion
    The community will continue with the opinion that priests are probably the most balanced healer atm, very potent in the right hands and just terribad in others.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    If the priest sucks then yes he can solo.. if he's really good, then no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually rogues can solo priests My comment was unbiased and based on reason and facts. Every class has become easier to play, Including Rogues. Frost Mages have sufferd the most from this "main-stream noob friendly" direction that blizzard has taken.
    I have yet to meet a single Rogue, or really, a non-DeathKnight or Warrior that can solo me. Two classes can solo me, the rest will be there till I OOM or till they give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    My priest just hit 85 recently so take this with a grain of salt. From the healers i've played (everything but pally) priest appears to be the most balanced of any. As Nereth said, rshams are rather OP right now so they shouldn't be used as a basis of comparision. A good priest is very irritating and very difficult to kill, and they can be extremely offensive when the situation calls for it making them potent in the right hands.
    True, rshamans are bit op, but as a priest, u can make wonders if ur skilled. Also melee cleaves is bad on anything atm, just like the wizzard cleaves hehe

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk of Priest specific mechanics makes me think this belongs in the Priest forum.

Hi Kelesti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE