Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    SwDing still possible as long as you cancel your PWS/DA to get the backlash effect, we really needed the IF change/Mini-Freedom because we are probably the easiest healer to stick to when someone connects, and we are still very squishy.

I really love my priest, we got alot of utility and gamebreaking abilities. This is my first season doing anything remotely serious in 3's and got to 1950ish+ but never managed 2k sadly. Games where I'm able to control are really fun, with 3xfears to break momentum or chain CC and getting an MC on the healer after. Other games where I'm just trained from start to finish aren't us fun as our escape options are quite limited despite the buffs to it (I doubt any healer enjoys being trained from start to finish or die in a hardswitch with either a smokebomb or a THROWDOWNRECKSTORMSTRANG combo, where you really can't do anything)

I really can't speak of how different they where before because my experience is limited to old hydra videos.

Despite the change, I still think we are one classses that still have those skill defining tricks that seperates the really good priests, which I admittedly aren't very good at, or I would've been higher rated. SwDing scatters, blinds, dispelling MC just as you get controlled to remove the buff are some of them.
    Last edited by Epox; 2011-06-28 at 09:45 PM.
    Main
    Epox
    PvP Alt (lololol Icelance)
    Zyke
    Decent Alts
    Nyli
    Ashuna

10+ Year Old Account
    see i am a noob at PvP.I never was into PvP since BC where i hit some midgamerating with my disc. But i am quit interrested now and wondering wich class i should choose to play.

so please tell my what does makes Shaman so OP in Arena? arnt almost all Specialskills banned from Arena? Like Heroism, spiritlink and elementals?
    and what does "to peel" means?
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-06-28 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    see i am a noob at PvP.I never was into PvP since BC where i hit some midgamerating with my disc. But i am quit interrested now and wondering wich class i should choose to play.

so please tell my what does makes Shaman so OP in Arena? arnt almost all Specialskills banned from Arena? Like Heroism, spiritlink and elementals?
    and what does "to peel" means?
    Heroism / Bloolust / Time Warp is banned. But abilitys like spiritlink remain possible to use even in arenas. I cant speak about rshamans, because I dont feel I know enough to give you "facts". However, basic rshaman's possibility to interrupt on range, ghostwolf form and their huge ammount of totem make them quite good in pvp. As a discipline priest you wont be able to kite a melee unless someone gives peels for you. what does "to peel" means? That means that your partner is helping you slowing, stunning, freezing etc the opponent attacking you or is going to attack you. He is protecting and helping you with his abilitys. Example: If you are playing 2s with a frost against a warrior and a random healer. The mage is able to peel for you with freezing the warrior so he cant harm you, or slowing hi down so you can outrun him. So with 1 word, I would say peeling is the same as protecting you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    Heroism / Bloolust / Time Warp is banned. But abilitys like spiritlink remain possible to use even in arenas. I cant speak about rshamans, because I dont feel I know enough to give you "facts". However, basic rshaman's possibility to interrupt on range, ghostwolf form and their huge ammount of totem make them quite good in pvp. As a discipline priest you wont be able to kite a melee unless someone gives peels for you. what does "to peel" means? That means that your partner is helping you slowing, stunning, freezing etc the opponent attacking you or is going to attack you. He is protecting and helping you with his abilitys. Example: If you are playing 2s with a frost against a warrior and a random healer. The mage is able to peel for you with freezing the warrior so he cant harm you, or slowing hi down so you can outrun him. So with 1 word, I would say peeling is the same as protecting you.
    Ah thank you for your quite detailed Information. So basically Shamans are OP bause of their support?

I red somewhere that Blizzard was goingt to ban Spiritlink from Arenas too in 4.2 - Did they change their minds?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only change i've noticed is the animation for Divine Aegis

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Anybody who claims that I am wrong is biased Priests with immunity to interrupts and a mass barriar are the new prot/holy paladins of s6. Too noob friendly and idiot proof, not as skill based as they used to be. Claiming that I fail at the game is another funny biased insult.
    I don't know why you think a 4 second period of time where we can't be interrupted means we are completely immune to interrupts. It has a 45 second cooldown.

honestly i think disc in pvp is in a good spot, i know i struggle to kill them on my hunter without some luck on tranq shotting their PW S as soon as its up and good crits right after and well timed silencing shots and scattering shot, very luck based imo

Are resto shamans really pretty OP now? As in, more OP than the droods!? I could do alright back when Cata first came out with very minimal gear(I unsubbed for.. 4 or 5 months? and just recently came back), but anything teamed with a resto drood always tore me and my partner up(but he was a shadow priest, lol.... I got him back into the game and felt it unfair to not PvP with him since that was what he liked to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Mosack View Post
    Are resto shamans really pretty OP now? As in, more OP than the droods!? I could do alright back when Cata first came out with very minimal gear(I unsubbed for.. 4 or 5 months? and just recently came back), but anything teamed with a resto drood always tore me and my partner up(but he was a shadow priest, lol.... I got him back into the game and felt it unfair to not PvP with him since that was what he liked to do).
    Time changes, Rshaman is indeed the best healer now with priest on a second. Then pala/druid comes at 3rd/4th. Try it (rshaman), its fun!