Deleted

Running SLI and I need help.

I just got my new graphics card (evga 560 ti superclocked) and I've been using my GTS 250 for a day (without installing drivers) and I've set them up for SLI.

The 560 is in the x16 slot and 250 is in the x8 with a SLI cable on them that came with my motherboard. My mobo is Gigabyte p67a ud4-b3

When I go into Device manager my 560 doesn't show up and my screen doesn't work when I put it in the 560 either. Is something wrong? I've installed the 560 evga drivers.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can only sli cards of the same type. ie 2 560's.

remove the 250 and install the 560 on it's own. You could use the 250 for physics in games that support it though. But I would recommend installing it after the 560 and without the sli bridge.
    Last edited by dicertification; 2011-06-28 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah I'm stupid >_>

In my rush to install the card I forgot the PCI-E power plug, so yeah.. fuck me LOL. I am going to use the 250 for physx it all works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I am going to use the 250 for physx it all works now.
    Don't bother, just ditch the old card.

Having really underpowered PhysX card compared to the main GPU will actually lower your framerates pretty badly.
    This for reference -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What vess said pretty much. I need to rip out the 9800 in my system since it would cause the same issue, and it causes other, less annoying problems too.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    What vess said pretty much. I need to rip out the 9800 in my system since it would cause the same issue, and it causes other, less annoying problems too.
    Yeah, not really worth the extra noise, heat and power drain considering it will lower your fps in the 3-4 games that actually support PhysX.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The noise isn't bad really, only during booting when it runs 100%. It does however cause the system to confuse the 4th ATI GPU with it, so sometimes I see

With programs that can only show 4 GPUs, like Kombustor and a few others.

Just trying to think if there's something else I could put in that last slot.
    And on another note, it does let me use CUDA for things that support it, but with my raw CPU power it's not needed
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    The noise isn't bad really, only during booting when it runs 100%. It does however cause the system to confuse the 4th ATI GPU with it, so sometimes I see

With programs that can only show 4 GPUs, like Kombustor and a few others.

Just trying to think if there's something else I could put in that last slot.
    And on another note, it does let me use CUDA for things that support it, but with my raw CPU power it's not needed
    /intense jealousy for the fact that you have 2 cpus AND a quad crossfire setup. How is hybrid physx even possible.com
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't bother, just ditch the old card.

Having really underpowered PhysX card compared to the main GPU will actually lower your framerates pretty badly.
    This for reference -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M
    Running that same benchmark on the highest settings yielded 10 more FPS with the GTS 250 doing the PhysX than using the 560 TI alone. Although one could argue what difference it makes going from 45 to 35 FPS I guess it's worth the noise which doesn't bother me

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Running that same benchmark on the highest settings yielded 10 more FPS with the GTS 250 doing the PhysX than using the 560 TI alone. Although one could argue what difference it makes going from 45 to 35 FPS I guess it's worth the noise which doesn't bother me
    A bigger increase than 49-59, at least!
    If you get an increase - by all means!

I personally would not. Because of noise. Ugh.