Deleted

Laptop Is Cooking !

Hi,

I play wow on my laptop its a 17inch Toshiba about 6 months old, i usually play WOW on my lap but the bottom of my laptop gets so so so hot...Any ideas why ? Am i blocking the fan as the base is on my legs ?

I usually have the charger plugged in when i play as WOW eats battery...Any tips ?

Stozz

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried to open it and clean the fan for dust?
    I did recently(first time in 2 years), and it took my CPU from 70° to 55° while gaming.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Deleted
    get a cooling pad.. it helped alot for me

Well on the higher end laptops, they're not really designed to be on your lap during heavy use. Part of why the term notebook exists, not "lap"top.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Use a "lap tray", it doesn't have to have fans (although that's a plus), one of the trays you have laying around for putting plates on (dinner tray, breakfast tray whatever you want to call them) etc will work just fine. This will let air circulate underneath the laptop.
    (Yes, you are likely blocking the outlet, you are also contributing additional heat from your body.

If you're going to be using a lapop while plugged in for an extended period, it's often reccomended that you remove the battery so that you don't "kill it" by constantly discharging and re-charging it. (The laptop will run of the battery, the power from the wall will recharge the battery.) If you consistantly do this, you will shorten your battery's life and capacity.