Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anonymous takes down Mastercard

Anonymous just announced on their twitter that they have hacked Mastercard.

If you go to any of the webpages you can also see they are down e.g. www.mastercard.com

What are these guys hoping to gain? When is someone going to stop them?
    Omegasupreme - Memento Mori - Frostmane-EU wowprogress

Deleted
    Appears to be just the website itself, nothing else. Oh well. I'll be cancelling my credit card any-way. (No not because of this.) It's way to insecure to pay be credit or worse debit card.

I don't think they really want to gain anything... or just attention.

Pretty pathetic, like the rest of this recent hacking that's been going on. Pathetic and childish if they're just doing it for fun.

Deleted
    Lulzsec wanna-be's Ya'know?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call it pathetic if they managed to grab credit card details (unless they hacked the site only and not databases). Otherwise they're just showing how powerful they are. And powerful hackers are often hired by anti-hacking peeps at some point. Like Microsoft does. And their salaries have even 5 digits usually from what I've read!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I wouldn't call it pathetic if they managed to grab credit card details (unless they hacked the site only and not databases). Otherwise they're just showing how powerful they are. And powerful hackers are often hired by anti-hacking peeps at some point. Like Microsoft does. And their salaries have even 5 digits usually from what I've read!
    If they earnt a four digit salary they would probably end up starving to death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a standard DDoS attack. Color me unimpressed.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by H E R O View Post
    Lulzsec wanna-be's Ya'know?
    Well they already gave up didnt they?

Maybe it was lulzsec who hacked Anonymous' twitter and mastercard! just for the lulz

Who cares?

Stop giving these Script Kids attention.

They think they're untouchable until the gov't cracks down on em just like lulzec

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Looks like a standard DDoS attack. Color me unimpressed.
    yeah it was

10+ Year Old Account
    La la la internet "regulation"

I guess I'm glad I use Visa.

Internet tough guys that will one day beg for their lives screaming and crying at gun point. Pathetic really.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Internet tough guys that will one day beg for their lives screaming and crying at gun point. Pathetic really.
    That would be great, wouldn't it. "Oh, ha ha, you hacked these sites and stole usernames and passwords. Here, allow me to hack your brain all over this wall. BANG."

For the lulz indeed. Put these stupid teenagers in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Who cares?

Stop giving these Script Kids attention.

They think they're untouchable until the gov't cracks down on em just like lulzec
    implying that your random 4chan script kiddie can bring down the PSN for months. try again
    Last edited by fews; 2011-06-28 at 04:21 PM.

Having your consumer base accounts hacked, Priceless !
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Sheesh, what's up with all this? It was entertaining at first (yes, I know, I'm a dark person ) but now it's getting a bit old.

Either stop, or do something much more...*cough*serious! Just don't make it affect me, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    If they earnt a four digit salary they would probably end up starving to death.
    What? 9999 is max salary!

First, people talking about lulzsec don't know what they're talking about. LulzSec was an admitted branch-off from Anonymous which was the main hacker group before LulzSec came in to existence. NO ONE CRACKED DOWN ON LULZSEC. They said from the begining that they were "setting sail" for 50 days, which they did. They stopped because it was merely for the "lulz". All the lulzsec guys and gals went back to Anonymous now. Also I HIGHLY doubt that anonymous truly hit mastercard because they were down for less than 30 minutes... If anything they simply took it offline which is NOTHING to worry about.