Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question FOTM Predictions (Arena)

Season 10 is right around the corner, and its time to pretend like we know what we are talking about.

What Comp do you think is going to be the FOTM (Flavor of the Month) aka OP
    We know the class changes, we know mechanics, but do we know the future?

Let the predictions begin. Post why! And your thought process!

Some standard comps to spark thought process:
    (PSA: Teams are usually abbreviated by Melee DPS / Range DPS / Healer with a few exceptions)
    RMP - Rogue Mage Disc
    FMP - Feral Mage Disc
    TSG - Warrior DK HPal
    TreeSG - Warrior DK RDruid
    PhD - DK Hunter HPal
    LSD - Lock EleSham RDruid
    LSD V.2 - Lock RSham Boomkin
    WLD - Warrior Lock Druid
    RFP - Rogue Feral Priest
    WLS - Warrior Lock Rsham
    WMP - Warrior Mage Disc
    MLS - Mage Lock RSham
    MLD - Mage Lock RDruid
    RRP - Ret Rogue Disc
    RLS - Rogue Lock Rsham
    MP3 - Mage Spriest RDruid
    KFC - Warrior Hunter HPal
    ShadowPlay - Lock Spriest Rdruid
    ShadowCleave - Lock DK Rdruid
    Dispel Cleave - DPS + Double Healer
    Kitty Cleave - Feral Warrior HPal
    Beast Cleave - EnhSham BMHunter HPal
    Wizard Cleave aka Spellcleave aka Harry Potter Cleave- Generic Double Caster + Healer
    Let me know if I forgot a standard comp, pretty sure I covered most.
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-06-28 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    MLS and feral melee cleaves.

Deleted
    Feral-anything-anything

I'm leaning towards kitty cleave and LSD

Feral Kittys are getting the buff they need to go back to bleed n swap mentality, and Warriors will still be a thorn in anyones side.

LSD is getting some love as Ele shams might become viable again, and with flameshock and UA, dispel will be out of the question meaning lock fears arent going to risk getting dispelled. Only weak side of this comp is the Rdruid, but if the lock and sham play right they should be able to provide the support needed.

My 2 cents

Deleted
    i play warrior, think warrior-feral-healer would work good? what healer do u guys suggest for this ?

Ill continue playing Feral Mage Priest, maybe with the feral buffs well get past 2,5k

Deleted
    Feral+Unholy DK+Priest = Free Glad

I'm thinking wizardcleaves, all melee (except ferals) are taking hits, leaving casters to dominate.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2011-06-28 at 02:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Original LSD will be back.

Every setup which had a rogue will probably go for feral, so we can expect Kitty cleaves.

Only viable setup for rogue will probably be good old RMP and RLS. RRP will probably go for feral too over the rogue.

Deleted
    You forgot FMP which is probably going to be a very good comp next patch if played well. DF nuke cyclone into RoF is going to do some serious damage.

I really dont think UH will be as great as everyone thinks. Yeah they got that massive STR buff, but their mechanics are still clunky and pets (as always) are buggy.

I'll probably run some form of kitty cleave on my priest. Probably feral/war/disc priest, or maybe swap the war for a pally simply because i have an RL friend who plays ret pretty well.
    On my hunter i'm either sticking with KFC or taking a wack at BM/melee (probably feral)/healer.

Slightly more OT: FotM? still TSG and any comp with a half decent shaman. (i'm assuming we're talking 3s, for 2s probably shaman/melee)
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You forgot FMP which is probably going to be a very good comp next patch if played well. DF nuke cyclone into RoF is going to do some serious damage.
    Added ^.^

Post on AJ talking about RFP (Rogue Feral Priest). Thoughts on that?

Why would anyone even suggest RMP as FOTM ? Rmp is pretty lackluster and honestly its only saving grace is that it destroys TSG and melee cleaves, provided that the M + R coordinate peels and burst. RMP requires coordination, something that double melee idiots don't have. I've seen numerous 2400+ TSG's where the players do retarded idiot stuff such as: Trinket the first CC, bubble the 2nd CC, AMS 10 seconds into a match, idiot paladin freecasting in the middle of an arena against a mage without aura mastery, paladins not saccing sheeps, bladestorming 10 seconds into a match. Half the idiots that play TSG or double melee wouldn't have the coordination to do RMP properly at a 2700+ level. Half the people that got 2400+ with TSG are morons.

Anyways Lets be clear, RMP was lackluster when 4.1 hit and will be in bad shape in 4.2 with the rogue nerfs. L + S + X absolutely rapes RMP with ease, so easy that its not even funny. Shaman and lock can prevent a mage from ever doing any type of meaningful burst or CC chain, windshear is bullshit (which ties into not being able to do burst against L+S+X), tremor totem stops 50% of all priest fears even if he's lucky enough to land it, RMP CC is in worse shape now that deepring will DR each other.

Only bads think RMP is top tier viable, it can be good but every player on the team has to be beyond amazing, especially the priest and mage. LSD, MLS, RLS destroy RMP.
    Last edited by velias1234; 2011-06-28 at 03:06 PM.

Is it safe to assume that Rshaman will be the beast heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    Added ^.^

Post on AJ talking about RFP (Rogue Feral Priest). Thoughts on that?
    oooooo, i need to go check out that post. What forum is it under? I would have a hella fun time running that.
    Want
    gief
    NAO

EDIT: I feel like spell cleaves would eat it up though, specially ele/afflic/healer. ::shudder:: i am NOT looking foward to facing that comp.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by velias1234 View Post
    Only bads think RMP is top tier viable, it can be good but every player on the team has to be beyond amazing, especially the priest and mage. LSD, MLS, RLS destroy RMP.
    You shouldn't be able to reach glad level ratings without being an amazing player. I get sick and tired of seeing piss poor 2500+ TSGs because they know how to spam buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfquake View Post
    You shouldn't be able to reach glad level ratings without being an amazing player. I get sick and tired of seeing piss poor 2500+ TSGs because they know how to spam buttons.
    I do believe you mean spam button.

For those wondering... strangulate healer, pala keeps los and keeps next to healer, brostorm squishy, hammer healer, dead squishy.
    Or do all of the above on the healer only.

TSG IS HARD
    Last edited by indirect; 2011-06-28 at 03:09 PM.

i'd say destro demo ret, my mighty team

welcome to wow pvp, fotm comp dominates entire seasons.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Every time I see a TSG I imagine some autistic downs syndrome person on the other end drooling on their keyboard while spamming necrotic strikes and using all of their cooldowns in 10 seconds.

But I take comfort in knowing that the Paladin is likely an idiot that uses all of his cool-downs in 30 seconds, resulting in a DK dying in a blanket silence, or the paladin dying after a bubble.
    Last edited by velias1234; 2011-06-28 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    This. Its annoying seeing terrible players get high rating cos of mmr exploiting or playing flavour of the month classes. I know Im not great, only 2k rated, but still, I see some teams that we beat with ease (resto shaman/ret/frost mage - just friends playing for fun) that are completely terrible with like 2.8k mmr