Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mouse Recommendations

So my Naga isn't cutting it any more. The left click is going out, and it's hindering my Starcraft performance. I'd love to not pay a lot, but there's a few things I do need from the mouse.

-Black is good.
    -Ability to click absurdly fast. I have the ability to click insanely fast, but this Naga just doesn't feel any good while doing it.
    2 Buttons + Scroll
    -The lower the price, the more I worship you.

I spend a lot of time at my computer, so another major requirement is ergonomic. I have insanely small hands.

I'm not looking for you to shop for me, for the record. I've made my fair share of "Go test out a handful at the local BestBuy" or whatever, and I fully intend on doing this. I'm just looking for some community feedback.

(If you have one laying around, we may be able to arrange one through PM as well. I know looking for products through these forums is frowned upon, so this is up to the discretion of the moderators. I'll leave this here for now, but if you <moderator>, don't like it, feel more than free to edit to your discretion.)

Consideration so far...
    Death Adder
    Marauder (Insanely discounted, by the way.)
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-06-28 at 03:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    518 or Deathadder 3500.

I use an older Deathadder at work, and it's held up for almost two years in a dusty manufacturing plant environment under constant use. Most comfortable scroll wheel I've used too, where you can actually use it as a button.
    red panda red panda red panda!

I went from a Death adder to a Naga and both felt nice to use. The Death Adder is relatively cheap for a quality mouse and it has blue lights!

I haven't really tried any other but being a girl I have quite small hands too and the grip felt right on it.

Surprise. A Razer Naga being awful?
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Surprise. A Razer Naga being awful?
    Shh.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153063

Look at that deal o.o

I have a naga since I love it for WoW, but for other games I use my Steelseries Ikari, very underrated mouse imo. It's the most comfortable mouse I have ever used, scroll and side buttons feel perfect, etc.. just overall great mouse imo. The laser is fine I don't have any problems with it, you can also adjust the DPI like most current mice

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178

I've had that mouse for what seems like 4 years and never had an issue with it. I tried to replace it with a Naga for the extra buttons, but my dog spilled tea on my desk two days after buying it and the mouse totally stopped working. Pulled out my good old 518 and right back to being great.

logitech g500 is great!
    it's very comfortable, insanely fast with its 5700 dpi, the scroll wheel is ultra fast, it has 3 side buttons.
    Also you can adjust its weight with the cartridge

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.636951

Probably going with that combo. :S GLHF. x3
    I want the Marauder keyboard, but I can't stand Membrane keyboards, and it doesn't look very comfortable.

Deleted
    i second the cyborg RAT mouses. really nice feel to them and great customization. couldn't ask for more really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those Cyborg RAT mice ARE pretty damn sexy though... I just can't pass up a deal like that.

im fairly happy with http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...ouse/ZJA-00001 for playing WoW.
    Also i got that mouse for like €15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    The R.A.T Cyborg has customization to make it bigger or smaller, heavier or lighter....

http://www.cyborggaming.com/index.htm
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    im fairly happy with http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...ouse/ZJA-00001 for playing WoW.
    Also i got that mouse for like €15
    That thing is hideous...

I agree with the R.A.T-choire. They're pretty decent.
    OTOH, anything is decent compared to Razerlol.

Get a Cyborg or a MX518.
    &nbsp;

Over 2 years with my Razor Deathadder 3500 now. It is comfortable. Cool looking, and affordable to most in gaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Those Cyborg RAT mice ARE pretty damn sexy though... I just can't pass up a deal like that.
    cyborg rat 7 is 75$ so that'd still leave 40 or so from the other deal to get a good keyboard. plus im sure you can get a saitek cyborg combo from amazon or somewhere else. their keyboards are just as freakin awesome as their mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post

That thing is hideous...
    Strange cos i find the R.A.T hideous looking but then again to each his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I agree with the R.A.T-choire. They're pretty decent.
    OTOH, anything is decent compared to Razerlol.

Get a Cyborg or a MX518.
    You like the BlackWidow, AFAIK, and I haven't heard you say much about any other mice by them. The Marauder is used widely in pro tournaments, along with the rest of the SC2 peripherals. I'm going to assume they wouldn't use them if they sucked ass.

Either way, I think I may have made up my mind.
    And @Crazypearce: $40 well built mechanical keyboards don't exist.

I have a Razor mamba and love it wouldn't trade that bad boy in for 2304203423g on wow. Fast easy to you and response time is amazing.
    The battle for Good and Evil is one we fight everyday. Now where did I put my Power Ranger custom.

MX518 without a doubt if it was me!
    Ive had mine since wow came out almsot and its been awesome the enite time.
    all functions are still superb and as it was like the day i bought it.
    Its great ergonomic/cheap/optic able to switch optic sensing with 2 quick buttons (+/-) 2 ektra buttons for tumb and the 1 in the scroll button.
    Its cable doh but then you wont have to buy batteries all the f... time. ><
    Ive played peridos up to 15+ hours a day with it and it have never given me pain the day after due to hard buttons / bad ergonomic
    ----------------
    Short brief
    -Cheap
    -Great ergonomic even for rather small hands.
    -No batteries = 24/7 gaming without having to have the mouse to die on you always in the most needing moments.
    -3 Extra buttons easily in reach
    -Quick sence buttons
    -Light weighted.
    -good click response even after 5 years of 10 hours clicking each day (aprox)

Edit:
    oh yeah it is realy tough and can handle being slamed alot with! XD