ProtRet viability in RBG's

I haven't pvp'd a lot since Cata (leveling/raiding on alts), but I did enjoy BG's toward the end of wrath as protret.I know things are a bit different now, and I was wondering if this might still be a competitive way to go (prot spec with ret gear, one hand and shield of course).
    mmo-champion should contract with Kleenex and Tampax for advertising. This place is a gold mine.

I nearly hit 2k in arena with it a few times this past season just messin around. It does pretty decent damage
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Only use of "protret" is RBGs as they are currently 10man only would be flag carrier and i think prot palas are worst at it atm. When AB was 15man u could afford 1 to stay spammin HotR at flag not doing dmg but 10man really doesnt. Only way you are ever gonna do any damage as protret is that you get loads of vengeance, which ont happen unless you face total tards without druid, rogue or hunter,

15+ Year Old Account
    protret provides too little dmg to be a viable spot on a 10man RBG team.

i enjoy pvping as protret, regular bgs you dont get beat up as easy, but in an RBG most people will just ignore you if they cant kill you, and since we dont do alot of dmg(or offhealing)...they can easily ignore us with little repercussions.

all our Hand spells, and even Raid wall are nice, clearly we have a great stun, and even a Glyphed AS that dazes can be useful in FC situations. But overall, Protret in a RBG is better replaced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    protret isnt the same in cata