Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would this FURY PvP Build not be viable?

Ive just always played fury and really dont like arms rotation, I know it has sweeping strikes and bladestorm and blah blah but fury seems to have just as many tricks up its sleeve as Arms does and im about to transfer realms to pvp with my boss on my fury warrior and was thinking this build.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0fZhrMsszkRfd

Fury - "Bloodcraze" - Regen 3% of total health after taking any dmg (which would be almost all the time) + combined with Arms tree "Field Dressing" upping self healing abilities by another 20%, thats some decent self healing and it also up's my total healing received by 6%

Fury - "Piercing Howl" - an obvious taker for obvious reasons, seems arms or fury will both take this, and I would glyph for it as a Major Glyph.

Fury - "Rude Interruption" - after I use pummel to interrupt I do 5% more dmg for 30 seconds, seems awesome no?

Fury - "Executioner" - After an execute my melle speed increases by 5% stacks up to 5x, and as 2h fury, haste is pretty pro. When executing multiple targets (I rock duel Hurricane vs Landslide) ive seen 45% haste (Hurricane + Flurry + Execute) making my white attacks very very fast, which in turn apply the next talent.

Fury - "Furious Attacks" - Auto attacks have a 10% chance to reduce healing by 10% for 10 seconds, and with between 20-45% haste rating when stuff is proccing I would be keeping the 10% healing debuff up quite often yes?

Fury - "Heroic Fury" - Instantly removes any immobilization effects and resets the intercept cooldown. So no more druid roots or saps, could just pop that and intercept them instantly, 30 sec CD so seems viable?

Fury - "Bloodsurge" - Bloodthirst Makes SLAM INSTANT AND FREE & do 20% more dmg for 10 seconds, combind with "War Academy" in the ARMS tree increasing SLAM by an additional 15% dmg, thats some HUGE FREE INSTANT slams right after a bloodthirst no?

Fury - "Meat Cleaver" - Dealing dmg with Cleave or WW (which Ill be using 99% of the time to hit multiple targets) increases the next Cleave or WW by 10% dmg, stacking 3x for up to 30% harder hitting Cleaves and WW's. When used with Inner Rage resetting the Cleave CD by 50% this really would seem to add up. Would Glyph for Cleave to hit 3 total targets.

Fury - "Skirmisher" - Reduces CD of Intercept by 10 seconds and Heroic Leap by 20 seconds, passive. So when my Intercept is not being reset via Slam, it is at least on 50% reduced CD via this talent, and my Heroic Leap would be my ARMS equal to "Throwdown" since both stun for a 3-5 seconds, and with Heroic Leap you can also use it defensively.

Arms - "Second Wind" - A No Brainer, as it will give me 20 free rage and heal me for 10% of my health when I am stunned or immobilized (which I will just use Heroic Fury to get out of anyhow )

Arms - "Deep Wounds" - With all the auto attacks and Cleaves and WW's going off, Deep Wounds should have a maximum uptime now allowing for stealth and dropping combat.

Not sure on my 3 Prime Glyph's - One would for sure be Glyph of Slam

2/3 Major Glyphs would be Glyph of Piercing Howl & Glyph of Long Charge
    3/3 Minor Glyphs would be Glyph of Demo Shout (to pop stealthers), Glyph of Berserker Rage (for free rage to use Raging Blow) and Glyph of Command to give extra rage and time on the Commanding Shout for the group.

Im sitting @ 1456 resil atm which I know is low but I just got all the blue stuff from the Ah and need to re-chant / gem some of my stuff to hit about 1600 resil and then start gettting the offset stuff.

Would this work at all?

TYIA
    Phyta-[H] Gorgonash - 85 Tauren Warrior - Beastmode Tanking / Arms Deeps
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Would this FURY PvP
    Stopped reading right there. No it won't.

don't listen to the poster above.

it depend on the pvp you want to do.

for high rate arena its not working.

but for clueless noob killing in random bg it works like a charm

Deleted
    Arms > Fury

Swap Execution for Booming Voice and it would work better since you wont be rage starved as much, and you wont get enough executes in during a short period of time to make the attack speed worth it.

Hmm will play some BG's and see how the Fury works, im not against change but just used to playing fury and know that whatever you seem to be smoother at you will do better with. I can adjust to learn arms but I think the team we are going to run is Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Fury Warr (unless I switch to arms) and yes, ill switch to Booming Voice instead of executioner, good call on that I guess I wont be spamming execute anyhow.

Just seems people only go arms for Hamstring and Bladestorm, both of which really dont seem a hands down reason to go arms imo.
    Suberror-[H] Dragonmaw - 85 Undead Priest - Healing made Easy Holy MS [PvE] / Disc OS [PvP] 3824 resil

Deleted
    I had problems with rage then i tryed to pvp as fury on my warr, and that made fury really boring to play, then you couldn't use any attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Phyta View Post
    Just seems people only go arms for Hamstring and Bladestorm, both of which really dont seem a hands down reason to go arms imo.
    Sudden Death + Throwdown.

Throwdown seems a watered down Heroic Leap, but ill look into those more

No, Throwdown is one of the best stuns going, nothing like heroic leap.

Deleted
    Throwdown seems a watered down Heroic Leap, but ill look into those more
    ? throwdown is a 5 sec stun

try fury, go back to arms...after the next patch, try fury, then go back to arms...repeat this cycle until you can sty with arms ; )

rage just suxx as pvp fury

I dunno: I play arms too, but I saw a nicely geared fury warrior decimate a ret pally once. I'll give it a spin myself but to be honest you can't go wrong with a good arms spec. There's a reason most pvp warriors are arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    There's a reason most pvp warriors are arms.
    And there is a good reason most basketball players wear nike's...because LeBron James does

there is also a good reason most gearheads buy camaro's or corvette's, because they see other fast ones, when in reality my v4 Turbo 2011 STi would smoke them all. Just trying to not be a sheep is all
    Last edited by Phyta; 2011-06-28 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there is a good reason most basketball players wear nike's...because LeBron James does

there is also a good reason most gearheads buy camaro's or corvette's, because they see other fast ones, when in reality my v4 Turbo 2011 STi would smoke them all. Just trying to not be a sheep is all
    Basketball players wear Nikes because Nike gives them away to them. 'Gearheads' that buy Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and Challengers want a 'muscle car'. It's a specific class. STIs are not in that class.

People spec into Arms for PvP because it affords people the most control. Fury has some neat tools, but it also suffers more than arms from Tranq Shot and Soothe. It's not to say you couldn't get Glad with it, just that you'd be intentionally hindering yourself to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    I'm gonna be rolling 2s with some dps class, enh shaman prolly with this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LG0dbZIbdsszkofbo

Fury 1h with landsline on main hand and mending on off hand.

Actually had a SMF warr as #1 in 2s bracket in my bg before he deleted his toon.

2200 resil and working just fine so far with mage lock warr :/

Throwdown seems a watered down Heroic Leap

not sure if srs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfquake View Post

not sure if srs.
    ya was still thinking heroic leap had the stun, mah bad

ya was still thinking heroic leap had the stun, mah bad
    Even then it would be strictly inferior as Throwdown is the only non-trinketable CC in the game.

well its worked so far in arenas, gonna stick with it, dunno why everything thinks arms is the only way to go :/ the raw dps and haste is destroying people

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 01:00 PM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Phyta/simple - ill try to logout in PVP gear