Thread: Flash + Freeze

Deleted

Flash + Freeze

So about 5 days ago when playing WoW my screen would flash and then 2 seconds later it would freeze, it kept doing this every 5 minutes or so, but during this time I was able to tab, browse, talk on MSN etc. After about 30 minutes of this, I was thinking perhaps its my graphics card (GTX 460)< Which is only 2 months old, so I decided to go play Unreal Tournament 3 which is quite graphical, I didn't experience the problem once in about an hour. So I decided to use the repair tool (suggested by someone) and when I logged back in WoW, I didn't experience the problem again for days, but it just did it again today, only once though before I used the repair tool - logged back in and I haven't experienced it again.

Is it possible I need a clean WoW install? Or is it something to do with my computer (I highly doubt it because it's too coincidental that it doesn't do it at UT3 and it doesn't do it if I fix WoW) But I am a worrier when it comes to computers being a bitch

Thanks in advance

That is a tough one. UT3 doesn't have any issues... is it happening only when you do certain things in-game, or go certain places? What are your temperatures like (CPU, GPU, case)?
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    That is a tough one. UT3 doesn't have any issues... is it happening only when you do certain things in-game, or go certain places? What are your temperatures like (CPU, GPU, case)?
    Yep it does it JUST on WoW, it even lets me tab and do other stuff, it's just WoW doing this. I haven't had the issue on UT3. It happened in SW and it happened in some 5 man instance (However in the 5 man instances I wasn't freezing, I was just flashing randomly). My tempteratures while on WoW vary from 40-65C, gfx card tends to be around 55~ while in 25 raids

Graphics drivers updated?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

65C is a bit high (depending on processor model) but nothing to be concerned about, my 2500K full-loads at 60C in this blasted Florida heat. As vesseblah mentioned, make sure drivers are up to date. You could try a fresh WoW install (I'd recommend using a different folder and NOT deleting your current one's UI settings and so forth) as well, but it's more likely hardware / drivers.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    65C is a bit high (depending on processor model) but nothing to be concerned about, my 2500K full-loads at 60C in this blasted Florida heat. As vesseblah mentioned, make sure drivers are up to date. You could try a fresh WoW install (I'd recommend using a different folder and NOT deleting your current one's UI settings and so forth) as well, but it's more likely hardware / drivers.
    Could you explain how updating drivers help?

I just checked and I do have out of date drivers, so installing the new ones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Could you explain how updating drivers help?
    They can resolve compatibility issues between hardware and other hardware or hardware and software.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    They can resolve compatibility issues between hardware and other hardware or hardware and software.
    Okay, thanks for your help and hopefully this'll resolve the issue for good!