need some profession help. Hep me pick plz Mage and dk

so I have a mage and dk what professions should I pick up. I wonder if I should get alchemy and enchant on mage and jc and mining for tank. would those be helpful and make money or should I take tailoring instead of something here. Thank you or blacksmithing.

if you are looking to purely make money, skinning and mining are good.

Trade professions require experience and more game knowledge. Like current market prices and playing the AH. Though, enchanting and tailoring are good for mage, i think.

Deleted
    Pick whichever professions you find interesting. However, like Jimmy already said, crafting professions require more time and problem solving skills, especially if you want to make money with them. If you are ready to invest time into doing research about different professions and figuring out what is the most optimal way for you to make money per time unit (e.g. gold per hour), then go for the crafting professions. Crafting professions are not superior to gathering professions only when it comes to money making but also when it comes to profession bonuses which add up to your character's combat performance. Mining is nice to have though because you can buy ore if it's cheaper than bars and then smelt the ore into bars, but that's something I'd rather have on a fairly inactive alt rather than on a character that raids.

It doesn't matter what armor type your character wears as there are no BoP items from blacksmithing, tailoring or leatherworking anymore. Also all crafting professions have pretty much equally good profession bonuses. When it comes to money making every crafting profession can do it, others just can do it better and within different amounts of time. Jewelcrafting, alchemy and enchanting are quite easy professions to make money with because their products are in constant demand due to raiding. Inscription is good too, but requires a lot of time investment and optimizing to make it work. Tailoring (bags, shirts spellthreads, armor), blacksmithing (enchanting rods, skeletonkeys, armor, *) and leatherworking (leg enchantments, armor, *) have their share of products to sell and they can net you lots of money, but also require more planning in order to pull that off. Engineering has pets and some parts (*) that even other engineers want to buy, but it's generally considered to be less efficient when it comes to money making.

And one more thing: If you do dungeons on a certain character more often than on others and are planning on taking up a profession that can craft items with Chaos Orbs, take that profession on the character you do dungeons with. Chaos Orbs are used for crafting valuable items and those orbs are BoP from the end bosses of heroic dungeons, so you can't get them from other players, even your alts.

(* I'm not a engineer, blacksmith nor a leatherworker so there can be more products they are able to sell regularly but which I don't know of.)
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-06-29 at 01:25 PM.