Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

Continent of the Nith

Hey,

I was looking trough some websites, searching some info about mmorpgs, when i cam across this:

http://www.continentoftheninth.info

Some youtoube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x60Hx5hE9I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMWqYjA8N3g&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2Gb...eature=related

Now i must say this looks really amazing to me and lovely to play, fight hack and slash style and rest in craftmode.

I mean check the simplistic UI .. lovely if u ask me

Too bad i have read that this game will be only available for korean players?

Well that sucks, me and alot of my friends would like to atleast try this out (and yes there are ways).

So what do you guys think?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Azerox; 2011-06-28 at 09:15 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I've had my eyes on C9 for a long time (just haven't gotten around to making accounts and shit)

The game looks hella fun fast paced with tons of pvp, invading a dungeon another team has etc, it's frigging brilliant :P
    Oh hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes i am busy arring myselfe an account atm, sucks that u need a korean id code to get an account

It also sucks that i cant read anything of it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzhak View Post
    Yes i am busy arring myselfe an account atm, sucks that u need a korean id code to get an account

It also sucks that i cant read anything of it.
    If i remember correctly there was some people working on a partial translation for the client itself to make it easier for non kor's to use it, as for the account part there is ton's of guides out there that show you step by step how you do it, but ya the KSSR (i think its called) is a bit more tricky these days
    Oh hi

Yeah, there are a number of cool MMO's that are either out, or coming out in Korea that won't be coming out in the US

The fighting-game influence looks pretty cool, but for some reason I'm just not moved yet.

Plus... .info? .INFO?!? Pfft.

Looks amazing. I've had my eye on this for a while as well. But this is a Korean MMO isn't it? If it's a countless grind, then count me out.

The PVP actually looks like it is immensely more skill based than most of the MMOs out there (including wow).

PVP:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUzm2O0c9k

Looks like Tekken force...an MMO version of it lolz. It's ridiculous how a lot of the skills are manual and not automatic, meaning you gotta aim everything and not just mash.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2011-06-28 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, there are a number of cool MMO's that are either out, or coming out in Korea that won't be coming out in the US
    Berkanix Online comes to mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZMpxIjwe0 <- looks awesome

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Looks amazing. I've had my eye on this for a while as well. But this is a Korean MMO isn't it? If it's a countless grind, then count me out.

The PVP actually looks like it is immensely more skill based than most of the MMOs out there (including wow).
    From what i heard C9 is not very grind heavy you can get max level quite easily (from the few reviews i have read i can see if i can em again)
    Oh hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye i know, i also had a account on aion korea, was loads of fun, but they also made a patch later on

And yes, as a old lineage / 2 player i rly like grinding, or well, dont care .. as long as it is rewarding

Hope the English patch will come soon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerzhak View Post
    Ye i know, i also had a account on aion korea, was loads of fun, but they also made a patch later on

And yes, as a old lineage / 2 player i rly like grinding, or well, dont care .. as long as it is rewarding

Hope the English patch will come soon :P
    Hear hear my friend i played L2 before C1, i grinded for 6 or 7 months to get max level on my abyss walker, just to have him nerfed to balls in C1, shit made me sad :<
    Oh hi

Actually looks fun. Why can't stuff like this be released here?

Quote Originally Posted by Patchwerk View Post
    Actually looks fun. Why can't stuff like this be released here?
    There's not a big enough market for it in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    There's not a big enough market for it in the US.
    ^ Pretty much that

But there is also another side to it, western gamers are used to western-style MMO's such as WoW/Rift now, and eastern MMO's still pride emself on the whole "Grinding bit of the game" which is the reason not a lot of eastern MMO's do get released in the west.
    Oh hi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played this game for a few weeks. I got to level 30 something and I didn't see everything so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

While the game is good, it gets rather annoying with it being in Korean.
    Playing the game is easy enough to understand if you have a brain. Some things you can get stuck on though.

The controls take a little getting used to as well. The camera is like holding right click down in wow all of the time. Where you look with the camera is where your character faces.
    Left Click is melee attack, Right click is ranged attack, then you have your spells that are keybound. You have to press CTRL or ALT, can't remember which, to bring up the mouse to be able to interact with the interface.(no clicking basically).

Good Points:
    The combat system is awesome.
    I love the way ranged have to aim their spells like a 3rd person shooter.
    It's a good hack and slash, mash your buttons and do combo's style of game.
    Other players can "Ambush" your instances and pvp on you, making it a lot of fun.
    PvP is an awesome aspect if you like madness.

Down Points:
    It got very repetitive very quickly. I was playing by myself and farming the instances over and over, sometimes the same one 7 times in a row just to be able to advance to the next one.
    It's in Korean
    It's very small and instanced, similar to that of Guild Wars 1, but smaller. There's only one town I got to see.

Here's a nice video for you to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh64ekXHLU8
    Last edited by Hulari; 2011-06-28 at 11:35 PM.

PvP looks way too choppy to be enjoyable, or competitive. Reminds me of Aion PvP. If a game like this developed PvP with the same smoothness as WoW, then I'd be impressed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It plays very good, i like this kind of hack and slash, nice rock music in the back and gogogo!

Made some screens

http://imgur.com/a/lmOYV#wrWx3

C
    heers!