Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    @Saithes: Sweet. Thanks! I'll have more to toy around with after Friday now unless my friend knows how to effectively do this. =) I've got to step out for a while, but I'll still be sure to keep you guys posted after we try some new things out, and I'm also anxious to see if anything has helped out fps in raid tonight. I'll keep you guys posted on that as well.

Thanks for all the help so far today, everyone! =)

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 11:50 PM ----------

I'm now leaning toward the motherboard being the biggest issue. I have a guildie with the exact same processor, a much lesser video card, and yet he has a board supporting the AM3.

This is his board: ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard

He gets 50 fps during raid combat in 25 mans, according to him. I've never even touched that, and I seldom even get those numbers while standing still in Firelands.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yeah. But because of, well, more DDR (double Data Rate), the comparable DDR3 RAM would be twice as high. Ie, an 800MHz DDR2 would automatically be considered 1600MHz if it were a DDR3 memory. So DDR3 would be faster still, despite the DDR2s admittedly lower timings.
    Which part of "DDR" in "DDR2" you missed? DDR2 is also double data rate.

DDR3 does not mean "double data rate times 3" byt "version 3"

Just an update from last night: I didn't get to see too many boss fights since, for some reason, I've been getting ridiculous lag spikes unique to Firelands and only when bosses were pulled. I got to see Alyrasor and Baelroc; my frames may have been slightly better, but I wasn't really checking. I was a bit more concerned with the 450 ms I was having during those kills

All in all, I think the BIOS update may have slightly helped, but just from what everyone is saying and from the info I got out of a guildie, I need a new motherboard. I believe someone linked one on here that I'll go find, but I'd be looking for a motherboard that would definitely support 8 GB of DDR3 ram; I'm not sure if I want one that will support a next generation AMD processor since I'm under the belief that they do underperform with World of Warcraft.

This is my friend's motherboard: http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78TE/

Well I thought someone linked me a motherboard, but I can't find it right now. Maybe it wasn't on these forums, or maybe I skimmed too quickly. (just woke up).. I'll go through all the posts again in a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaios View Post
    Just an update from last night: I didn't get to see too many boss fights since, for some reason, I've been getting ridiculous lag spikes unique to Firelands and only when bosses were pulled. I got to see Alyrasor and Baelroc; my frames may have been slightly better, but I wasn't really checking. I was a bit more concerned with the 450 ms I was having during those kills

All in all, I think the BIOS update may have slightly helped, but just from what everyone is saying and from the info I got out of a guildie, I need a new motherboard. I believe someone linked one on here that I'll go find, but I'd be looking for a motherboard that would definitely support 8 GB of DDR3 ram; I'm not sure if I want one that will support a next generation AMD processor since I'm under the belief that they do underperform with World of Warcraft.

This is my friend's motherboard: http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78TE/

Well I thought someone linked me a motherboard, but I can't find it right now. Maybe it wasn't on these forums, or maybe I skimmed too quickly. (just woke up).. I'll go through all the posts again in a bit.

Get an Asus Sabertooth 990FX or an Asus M5A99X EVO
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

What is the difference between the two, Saith, besides the price? =) <==motherboard noob among other things

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the difference between the two, Saith, besides the price? =) <==motherboard noob among other things
    The 990FX does Quad Crossfire or SLI and the 990X is Dual SLI or Crossfire. If you want to save money I'd go for the 990X.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

What if I don't ever plan to run SLI? Would the motherboard that my guildie is running be sufficient? Or should I still go with one of the ones you mentioned? I know I'm never going to be running 4 video cards.. and I doubt I'll ever run two.. =X

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I don't ever plan to run SLI? Would the motherboard that my guildie is running be sufficient? Or should I still go with one of the ones you mentioned? I know I'm never going to be running 4 video cards.. and I doubt I'll ever run two.. =X
    Well, the main reason I recommended the ones I did is because they're Bulldozers chipsets. Which means when AMD releases their new CPU's whenever this year you can simply upgrade to them without any loss in performance that you would experience on older chipsets. So pretty much it'd allow you to upgrade your processor without any loss in anything along with having full capabilities from the CPU.

Ok sweet. I'll probably go with the lesser of the two since I really don't plan on running SLI. Thanks =)