did they change protection hit?

I can't hit anything with
    Avenger's Shield.
    I missed 9 out of 10 times.
    WTF

Deleted
    Random is random? Or you had a hit reducing debuff. I mean what did you think happened, that they made AS have a 90% miss chance? It's still 8% baseline chance to miss vs a boss level mob.

I am saying that hit went way up in usefullness on pally this patch.
    It was just a heroic dungeon.
    then I did the dailies in TW and missed and missed.
    I am headed to the dummies next.
    my hit is low but never a problem before today.

I just finished doing all of the Molten Front stuff I can for the day and the full Thrall questline and saw no problems.

Sounds like bad RNG.

Keep in mind that Blizzard has played with the mechanics of Judgement on Protection Paladins, meaning even if you miss with Judgement, you still get mana. If the problem persists, report the issue to the Game Masters as it could be a bug caused by the judgement change.

last night I tried some more with AS and it looks like on a dummy that if I am standing toe to toe I almost never miss.
    I moved out about 10 yards and missed about 50% moved about 20 yds (how do you estimate this) and was missing about 90%.
    The main problem is the LONG cooldown makes it hard to test.

Onyxia now deep breaths more as well...

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    I am saying that hit went way up in usefullness on pally this patch. It was just a heroic dungeon. then I did the dailies in TW and missed and missed. I am headed to the dummies next. my hit is low but never a problem before today.
    i saw the same thing last night doing the new quests (all I logged on to do) and chalked it up to RNG

I hope to god this is not true. Ranged silence is the great thing about Avenger's Shield and if the ranged became less effective well... did I say how much I love Death Grip?

Seriously though I can't imagine this would be the case. Avenger's Shield has been the signature move so I doubt Blizz would mess with it that much (until I see more gripes about it).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sparks, same thing happened to me last night. Went to the dummies and was like ummmmm wtf is up with all these misses, even on crusader strike for me (more than usual) But like others have said its probably just bad RNG. Q_Q

wish this had no cooldown so i could test better.
    But it sure looks like distance is effecting it a great deal.
    May be just RNG but I don't think so.