Page 1 of 3
LastLast

19 twinking without a subscription

From The Escapist:

Still, being able to play up to level 20 on as many characters as you want is a pretty good deal, especially since the newbie zones are arguably some of the game's best content following the Cataclysm expansion pack. Hell, you could stop at level 19, twink yourself out, and engage in low-level PvP for free as long as you wanted.
    Hm, that sounds pretty good actually. I let my sub expire because all I had time for towards the end was a few BGs per day, and it wasn't worth the money.

How's twinking since Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    From The Escapist:

Hm, that sounds pretty good actually. I let my sub expire because all I had time for towards the end was a few BGs per day, and it wasn't worth the money.

How's twinking since Cata?
    I thought of this the minute I read that you could level to 20 free..

It will be fixed...blizzard doesn't let people have fun..you should know better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its just like what Warhammer Online did, nothing wrong with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that theise people cannot form groups, whisper people that don't have them on friendlist.. hell, can they even LFD?

Its going to be a pain in the ass trying to twink those toons. Though, it might be posseble sending this free account Heirloom gear since battle.net account binding. But those don't cover all slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has this been changed for EU yet?

I have a friend that I tried to convert, but he didn't have time to play for a couple of days so he ended up only has like 2 days worth in his 10 days trial and he stopped playing there.

If it has changed for EU I can ask him to play on that until 20 then he can decided to join for real or not.

i played a trial account for a bit a few months back when money was tight.
    while it is possible, it's definately a lot harder to do as

a) no mail access at all - no battle.net hierlooms, no auction house purchases
    b) you have a gold cap of 10g
    c) no /w unless you're /w'd at by someone else
    d) can't trade with other players
    e) you can forget about using /1, /2, /3, /s, /y and any other channel other than /p or /bg

you can lfd, and you can switch off your xp at 19 (it costs 10g) and you can do the ridiculously easy quests until your attacks keep missing (some of them give blues now too)

so yeah it can be done, just be prepared to gear up a fresh toon every 10 days
    Last edited by bobo333; 2011-06-28 at 11:03 PM.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    just be prepared to gear up a fresh toon every 10 days
    Not anymore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    Not anymore, right?
    if there's been a change then i haven't heard about it, but when i was on the trial account it was a whole new account. after 10 days it asked me to enter the code that came with my wow disc. so i did and i was told that it was already registered, which it was, just on my normal account. i gave up at that point so i'm not sure if it's ppossible to chain the same trial account or if it's a whole new account for every trial
    somebody call for d doctor?

Zarhym: "Trial accounts no longer expire."
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...er-free-trials

That's the occasion for this thread!

I didn't realize trial accounts couldn't use the auction house at all, that's too bad -- definitely understand it though. But there's still quest items and dungeon blues for gear. Basically, it looks like this opens up the possibility of being a "casual battleground player" for free, similar to how you can jump in and out of games like LoL or TF2 with no commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't get heirlooms or access the AH as a trial account, so there isn't really much point.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Twinking with no AH, Mail, or Trade.... sounds like a challenge.

Have to do the following:
    A: Get every plausible quest reward from every zone you can access.
    B: Hope like hell to get the needed green drops from random stuff to fill any gaps
    C: Get any dungeon drops (which includes the LFD satchels for Belts and Cloaks I believe are the 15-19 blues)
    D: Take up Mining/Skinning/Herbalism, to get actual profession bonuses (+Stam, +Crit, HoT+Haste CD), and you should be able to train them to around 150 (2nd level bonus)
    E: Take up fishing, you are gonna want that Weather Beaten Fishing Hat (No Heirlooms, remember?)

1. Go onto your main account.
    2. Twink out a level 19
    3. Pay for a char xfer
    4. ??????
    5. profit

Yup if it works its win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawin View Post
    1. Go onto your main account.
    2. Twink out a level 19
    3. Pay for a char xfer
    4. ??????
    5. profit

Yup if it works its win.
    only works if your main account and this trial are on the same xpac. Can't transfer from cata-enabled account to non-cata-enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't trade and can't carry more than 10g. Pretty shitty twink.

upgrade an account to vanilla for 9.99 twink it out. xfer to trial? play for 3 months for free and then you begin to profit.

Wont be viable for all the above reasons.

Aaand you wont even be able to turn of exp gain because the goldcost is too high to pay for it.
    So you can go trough all the trouble of twinking without enchants/heirlooms LFD stachel gear only to level to 20 in 3-4 bg wins.

Fun...

It'd be fun for doing dungeons on a bunch of different alts I guess.

Maybe if they ever get around to balancing low level PvP it might be fun.

Deleted
    Given all the above samples, it seems like a *lot* of time and work, which kind of defeats the purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Given all the above samples, it seems like a *lot* of time and work, which kind of defeats the purpose
    It doesn't take as much time as you'd think, at least for a healer. I can't speak specifically for Druids, Paladins, or Shaman, but a Priest only takes 3-4 days to gear up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can twink unlimited at 19. But its almost useless because you won't have heirloom gear, will be hard to buy/chant/ect and lower lvl pvp is pretty unbalanced and easily get 2 shot. Only classes worth doing is rogue, hunter, druid and maybe paladin.