Thread: Antec PSU's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Errr... Most of the PSUs recommended ON THIS VERY SITE are made by CWT... such as the Corsair 650TX V2... CWT PSUs are exceptional. Plus, Seasonic makes Corsair's AX line, I really don't think that they're Seasonic's X-line rejects as you make them out to be.

Also: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...urer,2913.html
    What.
    TXv2 650W - SeaSonic
    CWT has made the HX1000w. Which is an abomination. I won't ever touch a cwt-psu. D:
    Seasonic or no.

Also, stop linking that crap site, please. Please. Regardless of content. D:

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    What.

CWT has made the HX1000w. Which is an abomination. I won't ever touch a cwt-psu. D:
    Seasonic or no.

Also, stop linking that crap site, please. Please. Regardless of content. D:
    Either way, you think Seasonic is all sunshine and rainbows? They have their shit power supplies, too. Everyone will have a bomb or two, it's inevitable. I use the HX750, a CWT PSU, and it's fantastic. Like I said, some are bombs and duds. Shit happens.

I'll agree to stop linking Tom's Hardware if we can get lolAnandTech banned from being linked. Until then, I'll stick with Tom's Hardware as there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, and 99% of their information of corroborated by other reputable websites.

Deleted
    My A-DATA HM 650 is effectively a rebadged Corsair HX and its internals are manufactured by CWT. Their quality can be all over the place but when they're catering for the high end they're up there with the likes of Seasonic. Atleast I hope so in my case.

CWT makes some of the worst PSUs in the market. And also some of the best. The best are sold to brands like Corsair while the worst go to Chinese no name brands.
    Seasonic doesn't do that. You will never see a PSU from them that might blow up your configuration if you load it on more than the 30% of the labeled power.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    CWT makes some of the worst PSUs in the market. And also some of the best. The best are sold to brands like Corsair while the worst go to Chinese no name brands.
    Seasonic doesn't do that. You will never see a PSU from them that might blow up your configuration if you load it on more than the 30% of the labeled power.
    I would assume that the worst go to the Chinese no-name brands because that's what they want... they want things to be cheap. So with wanting to spend as little as possible, the quality suffers as well.

I would assume that the worst go to the Chinese no-name brands because that's what they want... they want things to be cheap. So with wanting to spend as little as possible, the quality suffers as well.
    This is correct but it also means that CWT has no real value as a brand. You can't say something like "the CWT PSUs are good".

10+ Year Old Account
    This is correct but it also means that CWT has no real value as a brand. You can't say something like "the CWT PSUs are good".
    Ah, yeah now I understand where you're coming from. So technically it would depend on the specific model PSU that has the CWT components.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Ah, yeah now I understand where you're coming from. So technically it would depend on the specific model PSU that has the CWT components.
    Exactly. And not only that the basic components are a worse quality, but a large part of them are just missing. It takes a lot of creativity to remove half of the components inside the PSU and still make it work, lol. The result is a terrible PSU which is also very, very cheap to manufacture.

Exactly. And not only that the basic components are a worse quality, but a large part of them are just missing. It takes a lot of creativity to remove half of the components inside the PSU and still make it work, lol. The result is a terrible PSU which is also very, very cheap to manufacture.
    Well then, it's a good thing I don't buy cheap, Chinese no-name brand PSUs

15+ Year Old Account
    Well then, it's a good thing I don't buy cheap, Chinese no-name brand PSUs
    QFT - I'll gladly keep my 80+ PSUs, kkthx.
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-07-01 at 04:35 AM.

www.hardwarecanucks.com

Answers many questions about how good PSUs are. Antec has tons of great supplies. I trust that site's reviews 10x more than most, since they test everything you could want on the PSUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Another good site for PSU reviews.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Another good site for PSU reviews.
    Bookmarked, that site has way more PSU reviews and seems very orderly. I like it.

hardwaresecrets.com