Deleted

Clock Phase Monitor

Hello guys, I seem to have a little problem here. Yesterday my computer froze so I had to restart it manually by pressing down the Power-on button for a couple seconds. after I turned it back, I noticed something wierd with the screen. it seems that the entire screen has been lowered, I cannot see my taskbar but it's there I can press on it. and there's a black sort of line on the top of the screen. Almost as if that line in the screen is dead. I checked it up on Google and they said something about a Clock phase? now when I enter the menu on the screen there's "Clock" and "Clock phase". but they don't do anything I swap them around and nothing changes. If I could get a little help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Btw, I tried Vertical and Horisontal tweeking, Vertical tweeking does not work. The screen simply wont move

10+ Year Old Account
    If possible could you take some pictures on your camera / phone or whatever and upload them for us to see? I think that would be much easier. (A screenshot might also help as a comparison to the external picture.)

Deleted
    Yeah ofcourse

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 05:49 PM ----------

http://imageshack.us/g/6/img0563f.jpg/

There you go. Thanks btw.

Have you tried the Automatic adjustment option?

Deleted
    Yes Asmekiel, I have. no luck =(

does it have a vertical position adjust option?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperix View Post
    Yes Asmekiel, I have. no luck =(
    Aw...

Well, looking at your pictures now. Does look weird.
    Are all cables still plugged in properly?

Deleted
    Yes it does, in the screen menu and in Nvidia settings. the one in Nvidia settings works but the black line on the top of the screen is still there.

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 06:03 PM ----------

Yes, they are. but could it be that my VGA cable is maybe broken or something?

so v. positioning doesnt fix it then? hmm....
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

15+ Year Old Account
    that's usually only available on a vga connection, not dvi/hdmi
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Nope does not fix it

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 06:30 PM ----------

Does anyone know what I can do about it? should I return the screen? or is it not an issue with the screen?

Does it do this during the POST test while booting? Or is it only once in windows? Have you tried in safe mode? The fact that you hard powered your machine off after a lock up means there is potential for a corrupted file...Possibly display driver related... I would try safe mode, if it looks correct there, uninstall and reinstall yoru drivers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinopsis View Post
    Does it do this during the POST test while booting? Or is it only once in windows? Have you tried in safe mode? The fact that you hard powered your machine off after a lock up means there is potential for a corrupted file...Possibly display driver related... I would try safe mode, if it looks correct there, uninstall and reinstall yoru drivers.
    Actually no this also happens before I get into windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a laptop or other PC you can plug the screen into for a few seconds, to see if its still happening?

Actually no this also happens before I get into windows.
    If it's happening during POST then it is likely your video card or the monitor...try hooking the monitor up to another device....That will tell you pretty much which it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Do you have a laptop or other PC you can plug the screen into for a few seconds, to see if its still happening?
    I plugged the screen into another computer, a laptop it still didn't work. but I used the same VGA cabel to plug it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plugged the screen into another computer, a laptop it still didn't work. but I used the same VGA cabel to plug it in.
    I presume you don't have another cable to try it with? (As you mentioned using the same one...) Also shouldn't you be using a DVI or HDMI connection rather than a VGA one?