So is DCUO even worth playing?

I played DCUO back in November, when I got my beta invite. It was semi fun, it wasnt as populated as it is now..assuming though.

Anyways, back in beta, PVP was non-exsistant. I did 1 dungeon for the Green Lantern, and that was boring as hell. Leveling wasn't difficult, but every level had the same feeling, of being very easy, from level 1-30.

Is there anything different about DCUO nearly 6 months after release? And is the game even fun enough for $15 a month? Once I was in beta, I quickly realized that a $15 monthly subscription seemed like such a horrible idea for how the game was.

But if anyone can tell me their thoughts on the game's current state, Id appreciate it.

The game is no different now then it was then. Still repetitive at end game and still a grind. The population on any given server is dangerously low in regardless to actually seeing other people when you level or even try to group.

The game is not challenging whatsoever from a gamers viewpoint. And I found there were other things available that were more fun than doing stuff in DCU endgame. Truthfully the game is worth the cover charge but not a sub. You can get a months worth of fun out of it for the price of the game and after that it dwindles in almost every aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't it recently go up to a twenty0five dollar a month subscription?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

no, its 15 a month

Not anymore it isn't. It was fun for about a month. Sony issued a couple game-breaking patches, new content is meh, megaservers are mega-not-there, and Hard Light expansion (strongly hinted at to coincide with the GL movie) is nowhere in sight.

Inc: good night, sweet DCUO. They had their chances and they blew them all.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Deleted
    it's a fun game, but no way near worth a subscription fee. if it was the price of a newly released game and then no more fees apart from possibly micro transactions, it might be worth it. until then, no thanks.

Deleted
    I bought it on steam when it was on sale the other week. Worth the money for the free month i thought. Pretty good fun but i only got to lvl 11 thus far. Will play out the rest of my month to see if i can get to max lvl. I doubt i will pay for more time tho.

You could also check out this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-has-played-it

It might help a little.

The combat is really fun.
    The leveling is alot of fun though short.
    But once you hit 30 it gets meh and grindy

I played it on Ps3 for the free month. Was fun and would be a game to play if it didnt have a monthly charge, but theres not enough to justify the 15 a month.

Deleted
    I played it and it was fun to begin with, but the PvP is unbalanced as hell and the PvE is boring as almost every single mob/boss in a instance is tank n' spank.

Also even though you get the choice off shitloads off powers, you only end up using 1-2 powers and the same combo for attacking. The idea is good, but it's like you are playing half a game.

Also the most dissapointing thing is when you hit max lvl I couldn't even group up to do heroic mode dungeons as the heroic just stood for soloing the dungeon. And last time I checked I play an MMORPG to play with others and not go in dungeons alone.

Not saying it is a bad game, I'd say it is unfinished the devs gave up half way making up stuff to do in the game.