Thread: [10] Alysrazor

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[10] Alysrazor

Hello, we decided to try Alysrazor last night in 10's with a 2 tank, 3 healers, 5 DPS setup and ran into some troubles. A few Q's I have are:
    1. Are the tanks supposed to be able to solo the Voracious Hatchlings with little to no help from the DPS? Even with the help of our DPS on the hatchlings, we still found ourselves cutting it REALLY close to the Fiery Tornadoes.
    2. How important is it to interrupt every Fieroblast? Our healers were complaining that it just wasn't getting interrupted enough even when we had melee on the duty.
    3. How many people do you send into the air to DPS Alysrazor? I know it probably depends on raid DPS, but what % should we be aiming for when she drops down and when she flies back in the air again?
    Thanks.

1.) They should try to get it down to at least 10% or lower before the Bird comes down for the third time. The two DPS in the air help finish them off if needed as the fiery tornadoes phase begins.

2.) You should interrupt as many as possible. An ele/enh shaman can interrupt every single one, so if you have a shaman, let him take care of one add solely. The other add will probably get some casts off, but if you kill the initiate ASAP, it shouldn't deal too much damage. Make sure you are kicking the correct cast, one is interruptable (fieryoblast or something), and the other is not.

3.) Two went up, myself (arcane mage) and a shadow priest. Their goal is to get 24+ of the stacking buff by flying through the rings. If they do, they get a 75% crit buff that lasts 40 seconds and can be reapplied through the rings on the ground during fiery tornadoes phase. I forget what % she is when its burn phase for the first time, maybe 70%? But try to aim for her to be lower than 50% health before her energy bar reaches 100 and she starts flying around again with phase 1.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply, definitely did, will give it some more tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hijack but had some questions. Last night we were only sending 1 person up(arcane mage) who was only able to take the boss down ~10%ish.

On the ground we had SPriest + Rogue on right side adds, Boomkin + Aff Lock on left side. (Tonight we are not going to ahve the rogue as he was a backup cuz our hunter had to leave early). If we send up another person(would be the shadow priest) then that means we can only interrupt 1 fieroblast per add on one side, and it will die pretty slow as well. Is it possible to get a clean kill with only sending up 1 dps to fly or should we send 2 and find a way to deal with interrupts on ground(we have no melee and want to avoid having to bring in alts or backups(our old healer was tired and wants to dps, and our old frost dk took over her spot healing, so we lost our only melee in that change)).

Also our best attempt we managed to get her to like 62-65% when she got back to 100% energy, but one dps was dead the entire burnout phase. That should be on par correct?(hunter will also so more dps than the rogue when he comes back tonight)

Yeah you lack interrupts so it will definitely be difficult, you could always have shadow priest go up to the air, while Boomkin + Aff lock are beating the crap out of the non-kicked mob. Boomkin can use solar beam for one interrupt and maybe a DK tank or something can strangulate it.

We never tried it with only one DPS, but the haste + crit buff given to the people in the air proved so worth it for two, especially during burn phase, we got her to 48-49% when she went up into the air again, and downed it right as the 2nd burn phase ended. Although I'm sure you can do three air phases if you want, it's just a matter of is your raid going to perfectly execute these phases three times in a row instead of two?

EDIT: I noticed you said you won't have the rogue either tonight? Honestly, I'm not sure how you will deal with those mobs and such a lack of interrupts, but then again, we never tried it like that. We had an ele shaman deal with one add by himself, and a rogue kick half the fireyblasts of the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Sorry to hijack but had some questions. Last night we were only sending 1 person up(arcane mage) who was only able to take the boss down ~10%ish.

On the ground we had SPriest + Rogue on right side adds, Boomkin + Aff Lock on left side. (Tonight we are not going to ahve the rogue as he was a backup cuz our hunter had to leave early). If we send up another person(would be the shadow priest) then that means we can only interrupt 1 fieroblast per add on one side, and it will die pretty slow as well. Is it possible to get a clean kill with only sending up 1 dps to fly or should we send 2 and find a way to deal with interrupts on ground(we have no melee and want to avoid having to bring in alts or backups(our old healer was tired and wants to dps, and our old frost dk took over her spot healing, so we lost our only melee in that change)).

Also our best attempt we managed to get her to like 62-65% when she got back to 100% energy, but one dps was dead the entire burnout phase. That should be on par correct?(hunter will also so more dps than the rogue when he comes back tonight)
    Yeah, at around 60ish is fine, my group had it around that after 1st burn phase, and we had 3 tornado phases in total sending one person up each time.

The caster adds are behaving strangely sometimes. Usually they'll do the standard brushfire cast followed by fieroblast, but occasionally an add will immediately cast fieroblast after a successful interrupt. Grounding totem works on it, so it's a plus if you have a shaman in the group. I'm guessing it is bugged or something (maybe operating on spell lockout at times?)

We had dps helping a fair bit on adds, but i guess it just depends on how much damage your tank can put out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know when the first set of tornados were coming, we always had at least one, sometimes both adds up. HP would range from 5%-20% left on them.

The Lock and the boomkin did over 1m dmg each to one of the adds and probably a little over 1m combined on the other. The shadowpriest did a decent amount to one and the rogue did a little.

Deleted
    I've got a question for people going up in duos. You were both able to get 25 stacks right? And if so how did you go about doing it, do you both have to run through the rings at the same time or do you have a grace period? And if so how long is it, 2-3 seconds?

Also has anyone had any success sending a melee in the air? Her hit box is very big so I assume it wouldn't be an issue, if you can afford to lose the melee on interrupts is there any reason not to send one?

10+ Year Old Account
    K we managed to get it and get 6/7 to unlock Rag tonight. Fights were pretty entertaining even though they are all down already.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried this fight tonight and were kinda clueless on how to split our raid... with interrupts and shit. Anyone would have a suggestion with this raid comp? Thanks in advance...

Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin

Frost DK
    Feral Cat
    MM Hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Affliction Lock

Resto Shaman
    Holy/Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

Arcane mage + Afflction warlock fly up top.
    Frost DK interrupt one side, Feral Cat the other, MM Hunter pick a side then help with the other after the initiate is dead, use silence shot when other melee interrupt is off cooldown.

Deleted
    In 25 man, what are the best DPS to go fly up ??

Is it better to send dotters like Affli and SP ou direct DPSers like arcane mage and hunts ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uld View Post
    In 25 man, what are the best DPS to go fly up ??

Is it better to send dotters like Affli and SP ou direct DPSers like arcane mage and hunts ??
    Arcane mages are awesome for it due to the infinite mana. Other than I don't think it matters, pet classes obviously won't be quite as good at it.

Deleted
    Did anyone experience NOT getting the debuff stack and refreshing their wings when passing through circles ? 4 different people that tried when we were doing her last night didn't get it even though they certainly passed through the ring.

Edit: I also wanted to ask, 2 people going in at the same time, or approximately the same time through the rings makes both of them refresh their wings ? Or is it a waste of effort and time to do that and it would be just better alternating.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2011-06-30 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    2.) You should interrupt as many as possible. An ele/enh shaman can interrupt every single one, so if you have a shaman, let him take care of one add solely. The other add will probably get some casts off, but if you kill the initiate ASAP, it shouldn't deal too much damage. Make sure you are kicking the correct cast, one is interruptable (fieryoblast or something), and the other is not.
    As elemental shaman, I could not interupt every single cast. Even if the add had no buff up, sometimes he chain casted the interuptable spell 2 times in a row which I could not interupt.

you can share the rings if you both pass through it with a few sec inbetween. it is certainly worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengie View Post
    As elemental shaman, I could not interupt every single cast. Even if the add had no buff up, sometimes he chain casted the interuptable spell 2 times in a row which I could not interupt.
    This is what I found, as well. I think the cast time on them is overtuned (maybe it's tuned for 25m like many other little bugs in Firelands?) but it's getting cast VERY fast, quicker than we have interrupts. I would have thought one interrupter on each should be enough in 10m (like P2 on Nef)

Anyone 2 healing this? We had one go up, it made getting adds down super easy but the fight took us 12+ minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Arcane mages are awesome for it due to the infinite mana. Other than I don't think it matters, pet classes obviously won't be quite as good at it.
    Fire mages are also good since if they can get enough stacks (about 10-15) they can just start pyroblast spamming (20-25 stacks they are GCD capped on Pyroblast). Only problem with Arcane mages going up is that they are GCD capped after just a few stacks.

Only problem we are having is that in a 25 man raid we are only sending up 2 locks up since all our dps are trying to kill the birds and the druids.

We used the following setup:

Tanks:

Feral Druid
    Protection Warrior

Healers:

Holy Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin

DPS:

Shadow Priest x2 (myself being one)
    MM Hunter
    Assassination Rogue
    Arcane Mage

We just had the tanks killing the hatchlings and the dps ganking down the initiators. I was the only one up in the air so the adds went down very smoothly. When the initiators went down, ranged killed the boss a bit (or did nothing :3) and the tanks were really the only ones on the hatchlings managing to kill them as the tornado phase started. Even though there was only me up in the skies, the boss went down by the second burn phase.