Thread: soloing trash?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Im insinuating I recieved a warning. What was not clear about that?
    You can't get a warning for soloing mobs. This is one of the stupidest things i have read on these forums.
    Shadows are cruel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    You can't get a warning for soloing mobs. This is one of the stupidest things i have read on these forums.
    No. You just dont think you would because you didnt get it for PoS trash. But Pos trash didnt :-

- Drop 5-15g each
    - Give you rep with a raid faction not even released 2 days
    - Give you epic crafting patterns that can be used to craft the 2nd highest ilvl gear in the game
    - Didnt drop BoE epics which were the 2nd highest ilvl in present in the game.

Blizzard overlooked things like PoS trash for hilts because it wasn't gamebreaking and it wasn't end game content. When your farming trash in the newest raid they've released, getting access to the newest gear thats just out, then they get pissed and give you warnings. Stupid? No its stupid if you actually think about it.

Im insinuating I recieved a warning. What was not clear about that?
    A warning for what?

You aren't abusing anything, just killing mobs that are in the zone, nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerzion View Post
    A warning for what?

You aren't abusing anything, just killing mobs that are in the zone, nothing else.
    Look at my post above. When you farm those mobs consistantly, putting so many new boes and patterns on the market on the contents 2nd release day, Blizz get pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at my post above. When you farm those mobs consistantly, putting so many new boes and patterns on the market on the contents 2nd release day, Blizz get pissed.
    Do you realise how many trash farming groups there are? My server is low pop and the horde side (which i play on) is lower pop than the alliance. Theres still like 5+ trash groups going right now. It's irrelevant.
    Shadows are cruel.

Mobs will still come after you when you vanish now.. I'll try hunter soon

Oh nvm it's the mobs ignition aoe that knocks you out, have to cloak then vanish
    Last edited by ttkyle; 2011-06-30 at 02:19 PM.

If you get banned for soloing mionelol would be banned for years

Deleted
    Do you realise how many trash farming groups there are? My server is low pop and the horde side (which i play on) is lower pop than the alliance. Theres still like 5+ trash groups going right now. It's irrelevant.
    Thats the point. Trash farming groups, they are ok. They require 10-25 people and the loot is shared between them. But when your a solo player mass farming mobs that drop the same loot as mobs designed for 10 people to take down (or 25) then Blizz are gonna get pissed. Your a solo player doing less work than any of those trash farming groups. Your killing the stuff MUCH faster and your getting the loot designed to be shared among 10/25 people, all to yourself. Because the mobs die so fast and respawn so fast, you can end up with 5-6 epics an HOUR, plus all the greens/blues and 5-15g cash drop per kill (3 kills in 30 seconds, rinse, repeat).

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    If you get banned for soloing mionelol would be banned for years
    You failed to see my point entirely. Mionelol solo's what? Old content. Obsolete Content. Content Blizzard no longer care about. What was I doing? I was soloing trash from Blizzards latest raid, gaining the best epics around for less effort than it takes to pick my nose. Blizzard turn a blind eye when it comes to old content and anyone whos been around knows that. But when you fuck with recent content, they give a damn and they come down hard. Remember ensidia's 3 day ban because the rogue used bombs which restored the platform? He didnt even know they were doing that. Yet the entire raid was banned for 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    You failed to see my point entirely. Mionelol solo's what? Old content. Obsolete Content. Content Blizzard no longer care about. What was I doing? I was soloing trash from Blizzards latest raid, gaining the best epics around for less effort than it takes to pick my nose. Blizzard turn a blind eye when it comes to old content and anyone whos been around knows that. But when you fuck with recent content, they give a damn and they come down hard. Remember ensidia's 3 day ban because the rogue used bombs which restored the platform? He didnt even know they were doing that. Yet the entire raid was banned for 3 days.
    I know some people who solo'd flame lev with a few towers up back in Ulduar (so current content). That was a boss, nevermind some trash. Nothing happened to them.

I get your point but i doubt Blizzard care, it will be hotfixed by tommorow morning if not sooner.
    Shadows are cruel.

Deleted
    I know some people who solo'd flame lev with a few towers up back in Ulduar (so current content). That was a boss, nevermind some trash. Nothing happened to them.

I get your point but i doubt Blizzard care, it will be hotfixed by tommorow morning if not sooner.
    I half expected it to be hotfixed by now but I know it will definately be in tomorrow mornings hotfix list for sure now.

I was just ejected mid pull duoing this as a Nelf Druid and Hunter. I was group lead and hunter didnt drop we were both ejected from the raid, and he whispered me WTF?!

So yeah I guess its an "exploit" sorry but cleaver use of game mechanics isnt an exploit. Saronite bombs may have been. But if he honestly didnt know they were doing it? Not an exploit.

Deleted
    I was in there a minute ago and it seems you can walk to within a inch of the molten giants before they will even aggro you.
    But dont touch their hit box as you will get stomped on

In the instance right now soloing just fine without a problem. Pretty easy as a hunter to trap the back guy, pull the three elementals, kill the 3 elementals, wait till he gets out of the frost trap and starts running to you, feign, and just camo back towards him once he drops combat to restart the loop.
    Made about 400g in less then 10 minutes, lol.

Edit: Can confirm they drops epics, just received the Obsidium Cleaver.
    Last edited by Sarthed; 2011-06-30 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    I wish this was doable on my DK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokomala View Post
    yes, you can solo trash as a hunter, rogue, mage or feral...as a feral, you will die, but have 3 dead mobs

in 1 hour a trinket and 2 patterns dropped
    How? I'm a hunter aswell! Do tell me your secrets!

Look 2 posts above you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowortoo View Post
    Properly shadow priests Mind Controlling mobs to 1%, and then dot it up while running out.
    I don't know how he's gonna pass by the first Molten Giant near the entrance.
    You can pass this one easily just use a mount and at the right side jump to the next cliff really easy.

OT: No clue what would be solable maybe that one mob that knocks you back and after that is just a tank and spank (since its not a group). But for the rest i dont think something could be solo'ed easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    In the instance right now soloing just fine without a problem. Pretty easy as a hunter to trap the back guy, pull the three elementals, kill the 3 elementals, wait till he gets out of the frost trap and starts running to you, feign, and just camo back towards him once he drops combat to restart the loop.
    Made about 400g in less then 10 minutes, lol.

Edit: Can confirm they drops epics, just received the Obsidium Cleaver.
    I just tried this exact tactic, and I don't understand how it works, I use a turtle pet, specced for tanking. I let it aggro and all but I get aggro and get 2shot. I'm full 359 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLOCOPTER View Post
    I just tried this exact tactic, and I don't understand how it works, I use a turtle pet, specced for tanking. I let it aggro and all but I get aggro and get 2shot. I'm full 359 gear.
    You trap the big dude? Cause all that should be on you is 3 of the little guys with 77k health that hit for 3k.

Deleted
    What? I only see the Big fire dude with 3 smaller elementals, hit for like 40k each. Where are the ones you talk about?