Transmutation Master best ??

Hi guys

Need to ask is Transmute master the best, before you go noob depends what u want. I want to make gold that is it. Does it proc enough to get it? I have just maxed it yesterday.

Thanks

Deleted
    Depends. Do flasks/elixirs sell well on your server? The difference between the 3 specs money-wise depends entirely on your servers economy. Do gems sell well? Does truegold sell well? Then go transmute. If flasks are good, go elixir. If potions are hot, go potion master.

It's the same proc chance as any other mastery. You can go weeks at a time without a proc, whereas if you're an elixir master, you can make the same amount of gold from multiple flasks in the 24 hours you have your Xmute CD. It really is going to depend on the economy of your server

well I worked out for 1 draconic it costs me 104 g for the mats and it sells for 110 atm this may calm down after 4.2 settles but yea I do have a jc so I think the practical thing to do to make the most of the both profs joined would be to go transmute

Unless you have a server with a pretty stable economy, I think instead of saying "it comes down to your server" it should be what you think would benefit YOU the most.

For example, right now Truegold is going for like 600g on my server. If you bought all the Volatiles then it would cost like 650 JUST for them at current prices. However, I've also seen the very same Volatiles that are currently going for 20-30g each go for 10g each at other times. If you weren't x-mute spec and didn't proc its not worth it at these prices to buy the mats, and if you farmed you could get more for the mats.

If you're going off purely money making, then you may as well throw a dart at a board with all the specs, because unless the server is very stable economy wise it wont matter and all are going to have ups and downs. It all depends on how much you want to stake out the AH, how much you're willing to gamble with people undercutting, etc.

On the flip side, if you go "whatever is best for you" then it doesn't matter as much and you're not "locking" yourself into one money making spec. IMO you should always calculate profit w/o procs, which throws all the specs out the window. You said you had a JC also, and I know how expensive cut (and uncut) gems are. For you, maybe x-mute is the best then, as like you said you can combine the two.

Edit: I just worked out the math for the Shadowspirit Diamond on my server and it's about 90g profit currently if you sell both it makes normally. I've never priced it out before so I couldn't say if the current prices for the green qual gems is low or high atm like with the truegold. Even at the lower prices for Truegold I think I still only came out to like a 200g Profit w/o proc, but prices vary so much... Like I said, it's better to just go what is best for you and your needs.
    Last edited by Tomec; 2011-06-29 at 10:41 PM.

if you consider time = gold then i guess transmute is the way to go. do your daily and have some free gold, takes a few min and you are done.

if you have much time and scan ah for the best deals in elixirs, potions and flasks (vs herb prices) i guess you can make more gold here.

there is no magic formula, just hard work. as in irl