4.2 off peice from the t12?

has it been established which socket will be our offpeice for t12 ( peice of the 5 of t12 that we are going to leave out of t12 gear)
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chest from Alysrazor will be our offset piece for t12 (holy).

Quote Originally Posted by coolflame View Post
    Chest from Alysrazor will be our offset piece for t12 (holy).
    sorry i meant ret
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    chest dosent seem to have the best of stats as i dont want haste and have loads of expertise but I'm gonna get it any who since im not in hardcore guild it just looks soo sexual

Tier 12 chest: Haste/Expertise, Red/Blue sockets, +20 Strength bonus
    Off-set chest:Haste/Mastery, Red/Blue sockets, +20 Strength bonus

Tier 12 gloves: Hit/Mastery, Blue socket, +10 Strength bonus
    Off-set gloves: Hit/Crit, Red socket, +10 Strength bonus

Tier 12 shoulders: Crit/Haste, Yellow socket, +10 Strength bonus
    Off-set shoulders: There doesn't seem to be any here, at least according to a wowhead search of ilvl 378 plate gear

Tier 12 Helm: Hit/Crit, Meta/Red sockets, +30 Strength bonus
    Off-set Helm: Crit/Mastery, Meta/Blue sockets, +30 Strength bonus

Tier 12 Pants: Crit/Mastery, Red/Yellow sockets, +20 Strength bonus
    Off-set pants: Hit/Mastery, Red/Yellow sockets, +20 mastery bonus

In general, Haste is terrible, hit and expertise are your best stats after strength until you're capped, Mastery is typically better than crit, so:
    Str > Hit/Expertise until capped > Mastery > Crit >> Haste, your values may vary

1) Looks like you'll be wearing the T12 shoulders, since there isn't an alternative
    2) The T12 pants are a good choice; crit/mastery vs. hit/mastery might be debatable, but you can probably solve hit with reforging, and the socket bonus on the tier is much better (and with a red/yellow socket setup, you can gem a +20 strength/+20 mastery gem and get the +20 strength bonus at no loss), so I doubt you'll give up the T12 pants.
    3) Helm looks debatable; the T12 has a better socket, but if you can find hit elsewhere or through reforging crit/mastery on the off-set helm could be worth going for.
    4) Gloves have a similar tradeoff, but in reverse; off-set has a red socket in place of the blue of the T12, but the T12 has mastery in place of crit.
    5) T12 chest has haste, but so does the off-set; identical sockets, so you're trading mastery for expertise. Depends on your current level of expertise, and how you're reforging.

If it were me, I'd drop the gloves. The T12 helm has a much better socket, and either way you'll be reforging crit into mastery or hit, so it's pretty much a wash there, the T12 pants are a definite keeper, the T12 shoulders have no alternative, you're stuck with haste on the chest either way so it's not much of a difference, but with the gloves you can get a better socket (and thus more strength) by going with the off-set gloves.

Just my opinion at a glance, I could easily be wrong; if others more knowledgeable than I am contradict or correct me, go with what they say :-P

Edit: Your hit and expertise levels may dictate something else, so as always take your own stats into account.
    Edit2: It may be worth noting that the off-set gloves are from blacksmithing, and as such probably don't have a heroic version; at heroic levels, you're probably going to drop the T12 chest for the off-set chest.
    Edit3: There is another option for gloves aside from the tier and the blacksmithing piece: the fireskin gauntlets. However, while they have a heroic version, and are about the same as the blacksmithing gloves in terms of itemization, they are BoP and have no drop location listed on wowhead, so no clue if they're actually available in-game.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-06-29 at 11:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it depends if you are hung up on how your character looks.

Chest = Kilt so if you offset the chest you lose the kilt.

Offset gloves are a +10 hit bonus not str.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Honestly it depends if you are hung up on how your character looks.

Chest = Kilt so if you offset the chest you lose the kilt.

Offset gloves are a +10 hit bonus not str.
    Arent you going to end up with less Mastery in the end with offset hands though?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Arent you going to end up with less Mastery in the end with offset hands though?
    Likely unless you get more out of a reforge somewhere IMO the options are chest/helm but gloves could be an option as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

i guess it depends though on how much expertise you get with other pieces, as we have the glyph already for that stat, its not to hard to cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    pvp gloves are pretty good with our 4pc bonus, iirc
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.