viable shannox strat (10N)

would this work? we intend to try this strat today,

1 tank each on shannox and riplimb and everybody burn down rageface. this will enrage the boss but only by 30%. however it takes out the component of having people eaten by rageface and the healers only having to focus on 2 targets and the random aoe damage every so often.
    Last edited by icey_red; 2011-06-30 at 12:49 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont shannox and riplimb each give the tear debuff so one tank would have to tank both and switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

yes they do but the stacks dont do much damage until there are around 8-10. we intend to use the crystal traps to trap riplimb while he's fetching the spear back to shannox and hopefully delay rebuilding the stacks.

I thought that's the normal strategy? Firetraps for rageface, frost traps for riplimp (mostly) (at least the range try to burn down rageface)

Deleted
    Ye this strategy works, we got him down in 4 pulls and we are like 361 ilvl raid avg.Just be sure that tank on riplimb get him into the trap just before he throw the spear and u are in distance from the spear with boss , before riplimb will be back to boss with the spear ur stacks should be off.Pretty easy fight.

We did the strat where you bring both dogs to 5% and boss to 35%. We tanked the boss and the tankable dog far apart so stacks reset when he threw the spear. Easy if no one gets trapped/dies to fire.

We killed him like an hour ago. We had one tank beating on Shannox, and one on Riplimb.

I as the Arcane Mage mainly took care of Face Rage whenever it happened, if i got Face Raged i'd usually die Anyway, we basicly burned Rageface down to 30 percent, then burned Riplimb down to %30. We switched to boss after the hounds were low and killed em off when Shannox was at %40-30, popped Bloodlust and then burned the Hunter down. It was fairly easy, we nearly one shotted him with shitty positioning and no experience on the PTR.

I also noticed something. Everytime i interrupted Face Rage, Rageface would first attack me, attack another guy, then another then Face rage again. Knowing this, i was able to drag him into Prison traps and stuff very effectively using Blink.

Also, i hate blizzard for making it so hard to explain this Rip limb is done by limbrip and rage face is done by facerage, whatidonteven...
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    I guess every tac would work if your raiders just avoid traps really. Took us longer to w8 for the boss to take a extra lap on his path than to get the kill .

What we did was, nuked the hell out of rageface, while using one tank to tank riblimb and Shannox at a time and then switch tanks by simply let the other tank overagro. Then we splitted up the dps so that riplimb did go down when Shannox was around 35%. took 4 tries, only hard thing about this strat is the tank switching and thats made even easier by the current MT can just stop attacking while the current ot build tps, while the dps is nuking rageface

GL

The enrage damage is def worse then dealing with rageface, specially since our arcane mage could do the 30k crit super quick

We did this yesterday and it worked fine.
    Our healer setup was holy priest - holy paladin - resto druid.

If your raid doesnt stand in traps and your riplimb tank gets the trap at the right time you should have a good stack reset and a kill should be imminent.

Just warn your healers that quite a bit of tank healing will be required (If your don't overgear it with around a 370 avg ilvl) and that because of that your raid has to be very aware of traps.

Other than that, GL.
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

When Riblimb is fetching the spear it's possible to kite Shannox so Riblimb runs after him and never gives him the spear. It takes a while to get the kiting technique right but once you get the feel of it the fight becomes a joke. I have a feeling this will be hotfixed really soon.

Deleted
    This is exactly how we do it as well. We haven't actually managed to kill him yet, but our best attempt left him with 150k health so he's as good as dead (We were basically 9-manning him as one of our DPS died right near the start because of running over the traps)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    The enrage damage is def worse then dealing with rageface, specially since our arcane mage could do the 30k crit super quick
    The enrage damage is a piece of cake to heal through.

We had 1 tank on Riplimb and Shannox, when he got 6 stacks, he stopped threating and let the other tank get them. Then when the stacks was 10 seconds to run out from the first tank he starts to deal threat with the other tank chilling. --> Repeat.

Range dps was burning Rageface fully, nuking it down asap and melee nuking the boss. When Rageface died, melee and a couple of ranged started to nuke Riplimb, killed him and we just burned him down. If every member just avoid traps, especially the tanks, it's really simple.

We did that strat on 10man successfully. Feral druid tank on Riplimp, stayed about 20 yards away from Shannox the entire fight, used Crystal traps during Hurl Spear transitions, which allowed both tank's stacks to fall twice during the fight. Rageface was zerged down by every DPS until it died, the 30% Frenzy on Shannox was not an issue. Had 1 death from a Crystal Prison trap doing P1, and 2 deaths during P2, 1 from a Crystal Prison Trap, 1 from raid damage as it was a healer that got trapped.

Overall, very easy to do it this way. Just have a good offtank for Riplimp that can effectively trap it, and DPS/Healers that can watch their feet.