Thread: This is insane!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This is insane!

I have a Asus G60VX gaming laptop and I've always used to used the Power 4gear Hybrid program to clock my GPU to 2.4ghz... SETFSB has recently come to my attention and this program allowed me to clock it to 2.8ghz this is incredible

[Welcome to the Computer forum. Please keep images under 800px wide. This is just a warning. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-06-30 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    MMO-C Computer Forums are that way ---->

Deleted
    You do know that you can set it to anything manually in the bios, that said you should under no circumstances ever overclock a laptop unless you intend to start a fire.

I don't have a clue what you just said as I know nothing of computers, but:

Laptop + Lots of speed = Lots of heat,
    Lots of heat = No speed,
    No speed = Sad Panda ;(
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-06-30 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always make sure you know what you're doing when you try overclocking.

Reckless increase of those meters can damage your hardware.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Deleted
    this is incredible
    Famous last words.. of a CPU

I can sense a thread in the future... "This is insane! My laptop is fried and I don't know why!"

Hah so i apparently just found out 2.8ghz was too high :// my legendary blue screen struck me and i had to restart my comp, i think ill stick to 2.6ghz for now :PP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosuckaa View Post
    Hah so i apparently just found out 2.8ghz was too high :// my legendary blue screen struck me and i had to restart my comp, i think ill stick to 2.6ghz for now :PP
    Rofl. Hope you didn't fry your hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosuckaa View Post
    I have a Asus G60VX gaming laptop and I've always used to used the Power 4gear Hybrid program to clock my GPU to 2.4ghz... SETFSB has recently come to my attention and this program allowed me to clock it to 2.8ghz this is incredible
    3 things

1. software overclocking is garbage, use BIOS
    2. Laptop + ~.5ghz of increase = about 25C temp increase, usually on a laptop, you run hotter on wow anyways, around 50C. Prepare for you computer to die completely
    3. 2.8 ghz is like a 5 year old computer, and if it is new, you got ripped off.
    hi there

As is typical with software overclocking...

I also have an Asus gaming laptop, and I have no idea what the hell you just said. Is there something I could be doing to inhance it's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by adramalech92 View Post
    2.8 ghz is like a 5 year old computer, and if it is new, you got ripped off.
    Seriously ?

Quote Originally Posted by adramalech92 View Post
    3. 2.8 ghz is like a 5 year old computer, and if it is new, you got ripped off.
    Uhhh.. It's a laptop, dude, CPU speeds in laptops will ALWAYS be that low. The latest and greatest notebook CPUs barely break 2GHz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Uhhh.. It's a laptop, dude, CPU speeds in laptops will ALWAYS be that low. The latest and greatest notebook CPUs barely break 2GHz.
    If using quadcore, yep. *Old* laptops using C2D can get up to 2,6 ghz such as my 2 year old MBP. 2,6 is more than "barely" over 2,0 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    If using quadcore, yep. *Old* laptops using C2D can get up to 2,6 ghz such as my 2 year old MBP. 2,6 is more than "barely" over 2,0 imo.
    Architecture change, buddy. Top-end Sandy Bridge notebook CPUs have lower clocks (2GHz for one of the top-end ones), however their architecture is superior to that of a C2D and C2Q, so they are actually all around faster. The clock speed race is over, it's all about architecture now. Intel's about to come out with their first line of CPUs with the three-dimensional transistor in the next year, it's going to get interesting.

yesterday i overclock my cpu. i just set fsb to 250 and i get 4ghz. tonight i will push limits and set it 4.5 - 4.6
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1838/123zy.jpg

^Mod Edit: Thumbnail please.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-30 at 01:23 PM.

what's so great about over clocking? it jsut seems like a big heap of "my penis is bigger than yours" kind of bullshit

"ooh over clocked to an arbitrary amount for no real reason!"

"ooh i can do that better and on a different computer!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    what's so great about over clocking? it jsut seems like a big heap of "my penis is bigger than yours" kind of bullshit

More performance.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post

It's for gaming / processing enthusiasts. It's about how far you can push your hardware to get the most performance.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela