Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The Mana Nerfs and the Aftermath

Soo this isnt going to a very Articulate and Well thought out post as for I am dead tired and ready to hit the rack, But as to why I am here and the reason you clicked on my thread.

The mana nerfs...

I realize it was prob in the best Interest that they happened but I feel like I have regressed 3-4 Months from where I once was, I Just healed a HM halfus and granted we 2 healed it I felt like I was going oom within 30 seconds. And from that Point onward it was an Uphill battle.

I hope for the love of God I can Obtain around 4k Spirit this tier bc as it stands right now I feel like these mana nerfs were Unwarranted all the while Druids will still be the most OP healers in this game right now when everyone single one of there hots now can crit for 200% and they were graciously given a new mastery all the while they buffed our shitty one.

Is this the Ultimate qq or do any of you else feel the same way?

Maybe I took the Divine Light spam for granted and was doing it wrong all along?

Edit : Here's my armory soo you dont think im undergeared

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ranntis/simple
    Last edited by gymrat2005; 2011-06-30 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Armory

Agreed, when even my Holy Lights drain the hell out of my mana something is wrong. I feel like I can't hold my own weight anymore because I'm having to conserve my mana to heal ONLY the tank...

Ya just healing firelands trash was getting me low on mana (down to about 65k-70k from a bit over 100k, which i consider low on trash)...i guess i was still a little higher then an evenly geared priest, but recount wasn't working so idk about the hps. Point being, i agree that the nerfs were very unnecessary

I can agree nerf to some heals yes, but Holy Light was supposed to be the filler you could cast all day. It isn't anymore. Sadly I might have to gear my shammy up instead if I can't fix this...

I agree. I did Nefarian yesterday and was oom before phase 1 was even over...

And our shitty nerf on top of our shitty mastery basically fucked us over this patch. Quite annoying.

Mastery got buffed and now works great, but the shield doesn't apply through beacon making it less useful than it should be. I really don't know at this point, maybe I'll regem all int and reforge all spirit...

Deleted
    I healed Alysrazor today and did fine. Took me a while to get used to having less mana and so I started paying more attention wow what spells I use and making sure I judge on CD and DP as often as I can afford to. The nerf is going to hurt, we can either complain about it or just play better and try to deal with it. I was still able to pull my weight after adjusting my playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Mastery got buffed and now works great, but the shield doesn't apply through beacon making it less useful than it should be. I really don't know at this point, maybe I'll regem all int and reforge all spirit...
    You should have been doing this to begin with.

Did a whole firelands clear last night, and did not have any serious mana problems - you guys are just over exaggerating it. This is even with manatide/innervate nerfs.

While you can't be as spammy as you could be previous, you can still keep up (except with druids)

The bad this is how much this hurts lower geared pallys who don't have the regen to compensate. It's forced me to be more conscious of my mp regen CDs for sure. You can't spam as much, which has also forced me to try worry more about overheals. Anyways, the holy trinkets don't seem all that promising for mana regen either. Other than that, I had a fine time healing Shannox in Firelands today.

Reduce spell cost, nerf judging for mana or mana regen off seal.
    Last edited by Liminal; 2011-06-30 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    The bad this is how much this hurts lower geared pallys who don't have the regen to compensate. It's forced me to be more conscious of my mp regen CDs for sure. You can't spam as much, which has also forced me to try worry more about overheals. Anyways, the holy trinkets don't seem all that promising for mana regen either. Other than that, I had a fine time healing Shannox in Firelands today.
    If it's forced you to try and manage your mana regen CDs well and forced you to try and not overheal then it's done it's job. That's kind of how healers are suppose to play out in this xpac. If anything this nerf made me realize just how easy I had it in 4.1 and how bad I was actually playing. The only class currently who I think might have too much mana is Druids, but even they can hard Oom if they don't play right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Did a whole firelands clear last night, and did not have any serious mana problems - you guys are just over exaggerating it. This is even with manatide/innervate nerfs.

While you can't be as spammy as you could be previous, you can still keep up (except with druids)
    Please enlighten us with your Armorylink, or else: screenshot or it didn't happen

Is it really so hard to search my name on armory, if you care that much?

EU by the way.

I was originally opposed to the nerf, nobody likes their class being nerfed plus I felt at times mana was rough in T11. It really wasnt the case last night - we'll see if heroics are different, I'd assume so.
    Last edited by Nekovivie; 2011-06-30 at 09:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this taking the biggest hit on me in PvP. Like, holy hell, I burn through mana considerably quicker.

Wouldn't it be pretty bad if a 372 toon healing 372 tanks had issues in content content balanced for 359 gear? If you say it's just fine that means it's not fine at all for players doing it in intended gear.

Didn't feel much of it in firelands yesterday - still managed to heal it without major mana problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    If it's forced you to try and manage your mana regen CDs well and forced you to try and not overheal then it's done it's job. That's kind of how healers are suppose to play out in this xpac. If anything this nerf made me realize just how easy I had it in 4.1 and how bad I was actually playing. The only class currently who I think might have too much mana is Druids, but even they can hard Oom if they don't play right.
    I mean I get what you are saying, but I have two issues with this.

1. Reactive Tank Healing is dangerous.
    2. The fact that Holy Light can OOM you is kinda BS. With it's cast time and low output, it's just hard for me to wrap my head around not spamming it when that has been the standard operating procedure since the beginning of wrath. It just fees like it should be closer to free because of 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have mana issues at all last night. I was only there for Shannox though.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Reactive Tank Healing is dangerous.
    Well, it's not like we really have a choice, right? A lack of HoTs or pre-emptive and spammable damage control kind of locks us down a bit.

2. The fact that Holy Light can OOM you is kinda BS. With it's cast time and low output, it's just hard for me to wrap my head around not spamming it when that has been the standard operating procedure since the beginning of wrath. It just fees like it should be closer to free because of 1.
    Well, it's not supposed to be spammable because of Wrath mechanics, HL is supposed to be spammable because it's our 'efficient' heal. All of the healers have a heal that they're supposed to be able to use without ever running out.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I only did 4/7 last night, but I was actually surprised how much mana I was able maintain while still putting our a good amount of hps. Although honestly I was never worried about mana in normal modes, its Heroic content that I feel the nerf will show itself. Time for everyone to farm a Shard of Woe

I was healing on our Firelands tries last night, and I could definitely feel that the heals got more expensive.

But I found it fun trying to figure out new ways to heal to conserve mana. Although it did also result in deaths due to simply being OOM too soon.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!