Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    How are people in there yet? I got 16 marks now and I done all my dailies both days, are other servers with different time zones already on the third day or am I missing dailies?
    US servers started on Tuesday so if you did the dailies once each day (and didn't use the daily reset bug that they have now fixed) you would just be starting in The Molten Front today (Thursday).

So without exploiting you should have 25 marks on the third day after finishing all dailies. Then from day 4 on until you get 150 marks you can get 14 marks per day.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-06-30 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    It takes 2 months of doing dailies every single day to unlock everything. At least thats what I read and thats what it surely feels like going to be.
    God Blizzard's ridiculous: make a change to the daily dungeon finder so u can do 7/week instead of 1/day, and NOW make it so you have to do ~2 months of dailies to unlock things? Serious conflict between the intentions of designers. Time to buy a laptop so i can still go places on the weekends and get my damned dailies done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thardyll View Post
    God Blizzard's ridiculous: make a change to the daily dungeon finder so u can do 7/week instead of 1/day, and NOW make it so you have to do ~2 months of dailies to unlock things? Serious conflict between the intentions of designers. Time to buy a laptop so i can still go places on the weekends and get my damned dailies done.
    Cause these dailies really take all that long, you have a whole 24 hour period to do them in, you can still have a life and play wow every day :P

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Cause these dailies really take all that long, you have a whole 24 hour period to do them in, you can still have a life and play wow every day :P
    I think you missed the point he was making. Blizzard changed the VP dungeon from dailies to weeklies and then introduced all these new dailies, which I can see how they go a bit against their philosophy behind changing the daily VP dungeon since they wanted to accommodate people who didn't log on each and every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    I think you missed the point he was making. Blizzard changed the VP dungeon from dailies to weeklies and then introduced all these new dailies, which I can see how they go a bit against their philosophy behind changing the daily VP dungeon since they wanted to accommodate people who didn't log on each and every day.
    I feel much more compelled to log on to run my dungeons for valor than to run dailies. I'm out of town this weekend so I'm already VP capped. Going to miss some dailies but tbh I don't feel like I'm missing by skipping them for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I feel much more compelled to log on to run my dungeons for valor than to run dailies. I'm out of town this weekend so I'm already VP capped. Going to miss some dailies but tbh I don't feel like I'm missing by skipping them for a day or two.
    It still stands though that if you skipped the dailies for a couple days or skipped getting the daily VP for a couple days (back before the change) it still results in the same thing: having to wait longer to unlock/buy a piece of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish this would be account wide >.< can't even summon the courage to complete it once let alone for each one of my many alts >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    How are people in there yet? I got 16 marks now and I done all my dailies both days, are other servers with different time zones already on the third day or am I missing dailies?
    US got the patch a day before EU, so US players already got their 20 marks today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thardyll View Post
    These dailies take what, half an hour a day consistently? Randoms last longer and have the potential to last way longer due to awful players. I see what you're saying, but half an hour a day isn't exactly asking for you to build a ladder to the moon.

Already up to 39 marks total.

Both are a little off, I think.
    The POINT of the entire zone is that -->people must stay subscribed for a minimum of two months<-- to get everything (assuming they want it).
    Unlike most rep grinds, you can't quicken the pace by playing more per day. Blizzard doesn't care how much you play per day at all, as long as the sub is active. The VP tokens exploit the same exact system, the only difference being that you have a weekly cap instead of a daily cap. A certain amount of sub time (NOT necessarily play time) is *required* in order to get items from either of these vendors - how accommodated players feel is a distant second in the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by Araella View Post
    Both are a little off, I think.
    The POINT of the entire zone is that -->people must stay subscribed for a minimum of two months<-- to get everything (assuming they want it).
    Unlike most rep grinds, you can't quicken the pace by playing more per day. Blizzard doesn't care how much you play per day at all, as long as the sub is active. The VP tokens exploit the same exact system, the only difference being that you have a weekly cap instead of a daily cap. A certain amount of sub time (NOT necessarily play time) is *required* in order to get items from either of these vendors - how accommodated players feel is a distant second in the priority list.
    And like the VP change if they changed the dailies to weeklies so you could then do 7x each "daily" per week and could do a "daily" more than once a day it would not change the subscribed time (well, possibly by 6 days). Because you would still only be able to do one daily 7 times a week, it just wouldn't have to be once each day. I'm not saying I think it should be changed like that but I am just relating it to the VP change and how it would not really affect the required subscription time.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-07-01 at 12:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And like the VP change if they changed the dailies to weeklies so you could then do 7x each "daily" per week and could do a "daily" more than once a day it would not change the subscribed time (well, possibly by 6 days). Because you would still only be able to do one daily 7 times a week, it just wouldn't have to be once each day. I'm not saying I think it should be changed like that but I am just relating it to the VP change and how it would not really affect the required subscription time.
    Dailies's time commitment is created by the player, Random Heroics have a variable time commitment, outside the control of the player. That is the difference
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this slow steady pacing is pretty terrible by design. So I can log in, do the dailies in roughly 20 minutes, then you're back to nothing to do until raid time? Seems a bit underwhelming.
    /agree. It's like the argent tournament, only somehow even WORSE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to complete includes the day you reach the stage (double reset is not counted)

Phase 1 (beginning):
    16 Marks from one time quests
    4 Marks from Phase 1 Daily
    Marks needed: 20
    Time to complete: 1 Days

Phase 2 (Molten Front):
    15 Marks from one time quests
    10 Marks from Phase 2 Daily
    Marks needed: 150
    Time to complete: 10 Days

Phase 3 (choosing Druid of the Talon):
    5 Marks from one time quests
    11 Marks from Phase 3 Daily
    Marks needed: 150
    Time to complete: 7 Days

Phase 4 (choosing The Shadow Warden):
    5 Marks from one time quests
    12 Marks from Phase 3 OR 4 Daily
    Marks needed: 125
    Time to complete: 5 Days

Phase 5 (choosing Armaments)
    4 Marks from Phase 5 Daily

Phase 6 (choosing Ancients)
    3 Marks from Phase 6 Daily

Total time to unlock everything and get Flameward Hippogryph: 28 Days

EDIT: To make the confusing less. Seeing how both Phase 6 and 7 takes the same amount of time to gather 125 marks it does not matter which order you do them in, however as I mentioned on the next post below it's less work with Moonwell first since you do one less daily per day.

Phase 7 (choosing Moonwell)
    15 Marks from one time quests
    Marks needed: You are already complete, no marks needed
    Time to complete: You are already complete

EDIT2: Seems you could actually do the Anren Shadowseeker/The Fire Lasher quests even when you quested for the other faction. As in if you Find the Fire Lasher on Shadow Warden then the next day do Druid of the Talon (to mix it up) you can still do Fire Lasher dailies plus the Anren ones, meaning they aren't bound to the faction dailies you choose for the day. In the end resulting in 1 extra Mark per day which actually made you require one less day overall I also changed what to choose to reflect which way to get the Achievements the quickest.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2011-07-13 at 11:35 PM.

Your list is slightly inaccurate and is missing an additional quest.

First, once you unlock both Druids of the Talon and Shadow Wardens, you're able to earn an additional Mark per day regardless of which faction's dailies you choose for the day, as the Flame Lasher's daily is always available and Anren Shadowseeker shows up for both factions' daily hubs once you've freed him from the Molten Flow.

Secondly, Strike At The Heart is a 3-Mark daily that becomes available at the tail end of both Talon and Wardens (after finishing their respective daily sets for the day) that unlocks once you bring the Ancients to the Front. Strike At The Heart is required to complete Ready For Raiding II, but otherwise contributes a similar amount of Marks per day versus unlocking any of the other 125-Mark options first.

The Molten Front Offensive requires all 3 125-Mark options, so add an extra 5 days on to your total.

EDIT: D'oh, your information contains that. You need to re-label your phases, as the phrases you used are quite misleading with no mention of bringing the Ancients to the Front.
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2011-07-03 at 07:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    First, once you unlock both Druids of the Talon and Shadow Wardens, you're able to earn an additional Mark per day regardless of which faction's dailies you choose for the day, as the Flame Lasher's daily is always available and Anren Shadowseeker shows up for both factions' daily hubs once you've freed him from the Molten Flow.

Secondly, Strike At The Heart is a 3-Mark daily that becomes available at the tail end of both Talon and Wardens (after finishing their respective daily sets for the day) that unlocks once you bring the Ancients to the Front. Strike At The Heart is required to complete Ready For Raiding II, but otherwise contributes a similar amount of Marks per day versus unlocking any of the other 125-Mark options first.
    So you saying if I free Anren Shadowseeker when doing the Druid of the Talon quest then when I start on the Shadow Warden quest I will be able to do both the Fire Lasher AND the Anren Shadowseeker dailies on the same day? Since I thought they were excluded to the faction you choose for the day.

Also I did not include Strike At The Heart because it is not available until you actually choose Ancients part at the end which is basicly the same speed (but less work) when you get 15 extra marks for completing the Leyara quest when choosing Moonwell instead. But I guess it should be added in the end to make it more understanding.

About the "16 Marks from one time quests", was this a change or did a bug get introduced? The reward you receive is double what is listed in the quest. (so I guess there is at least a bug in the quest statement)

Yes, It took me all the initial quests and then 3 days at 4 marks each to get to stage 2, so im assuming either I missed something or day 1 is only 8, as opposed to the 16 you say?

Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    About the "16 Marks from one time quests", was this a change or did a bug get introduced? The reward you receive is double what is listed in the quest. (so I guess there is at least a bug in the quest statement)
    I agree The beginning phase one time quest only gave 8 marks. If I missed something please enlighten me. With that it took 3 days to get into phase 2

Also once you get into phase 2 you do not get the 4 Hyjal marks again as you most likely used them to gain access to the front.