Buying Macro Help

Hi, Im looking to make a macro to link this item.

/script print('Shift click to link:', '\124cffb048f8\124Hitem:71359\124h[Chelley\'s Sterilized Scalpel]\124h\124r')

is there a way to say it on chat. tried to change "Print" to DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage but didnt work.. any help please?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jshidaka View Post
    Buying Macro Help
    ++++++++++++++++++

10+ Year Old Account
    use that script ingame, then shift click the link it produces into your chat window?

edit: i've not checked this, but a quick google reveals a possible answer too: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...tem-macro.html
    Last edited by Rixis; 2011-06-30 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    use that script ingame, then shift click the link it produces into your chat window?

edit: i've not checked this, but a quick google reveals a possible answer too: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...tem-macro.html
    I saw that google link.. dont work. and.. well i wanna a macro so I can just press it.. Not copy/paste everytime I wanna announce it :P

Deleted
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage("there can be text before \124cffb048f8\124Hitem:71359\124h[Chelley\'s Sterilized Scalpel]\124h\124r and after the link", "SAY")
    Change "SAY" to "CHANNEL", nil, 2 for trade chat.

hmm meh.. Didnt Work, I press it and do nothing.. copy/paste it and on the text bar and do nothing ; ;
    Last edited by jshidaka; 2011-06-30 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage("there can be text before \124cffb048f8\124Hitem:71359\124h[Chelley\'s Sterilized Scalpel]\124h\124r and after the link", "SAY")
    Change "SAY" to "CHANNEL", nil, 2 for trade chat.
    Not sure if it has anything to do with this macro but I saw undocumented change to the way of quality is handled in patch 4.2. You can loot at few first comments in XLoot. Maybe it is somehow related, but i'm not that good at wow api to figure it out by myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Deleted
    Might be related if they changed the link structure of item links.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They changed GetItemQualityColor() - it used to return "|caarrggbb", now it just returns "aarrggbb", which means without minor modifications (re-adding the "|c") it can't be used to color item names. I ran into this with Tekkub's GoblinVendorShrinker. :-)

I'm not really sure if this always was like this, or only just since patch 4.2, but apparently we have to include the full "item string"
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:71359\124h[Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel]\124h\124r") -- doesn't work
    /run SendChatMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:71359:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel]\124h\124r") -- works

On a different note, I've also been wondering why the following example doesn't work
    Code:
    /run SendChatMessage(select(2, GetItemInfo(71359))) -- doesn't work
    /run SendChatMessage((select(2, GetItemInfo(71359)))) -- works; with parentheses/capture