Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Bannable? Please....when i faction changed you better believe I did not sit on the sidelines until the following week to start raiding again. And no one was crying bloody murder about me doing it either. So why Stars be treated differently. If anything it shows there dedication to being worlds firsts. Haters have always jumped them for so called 'exploiting' but infact they actually set the standard for the encounters that we all use.

I'd like to say "who actually gives a toss, stop worrying so much about the best guilds in the world and try and focus on enjoying the god damn game" but evidently lots of people care very heatedly about it. I'd advise people to stop trying to argue it out though, this is morally grey and trying to convince people it's black or white is just going to fail. Simply put you're all either wrong or right but nobody wins this argument. Personally I'm depressed to see spirited competition so grossly undermined by poor sportsmanship and then further by spectators getting into such heated arguments over the legitimacy of it all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'd know by now if they were going to be banned. Bliz would've done it a few days ago. I don't see them waiting til reset and saying "oh by the way, you can't raid this week".

They didn't do anything to break the fights, so you can't challenge the legitimacy of their kills. Even if they take the achievement away from them, they still killed whoever they killed first. I don't really care if it came last week, this, or later. If it's not them, then its just someone else with a world first. The only one's who should really be complaining are from competing guilds.

If anything, bliz should be upset that people in heroic T11 gear (plus whatever normal gear they got from T12) could clear any part heroic T12 content week one. They probably didnt even need the T12 and who knows if they used it.

The only thing I see as a slight is that this guild reported on exploits before, but then went ahead and used one themselves. They didn't even think to ask if what they were doing would be against the rules after it says on the faction change faq that raid IDs aren't reset? I think you lose credibility when you're willing to take advantage of something, yet report it when you're not the first to use it.

Here's Page 2 of the faction change FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    exploit: i dont think that word means what you think it means
    inconceivable

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    If it's true - it's very sad. It just shows us that STARS is the guild that don't wanna do the face-to-face race with Paragon, method and such guilds. Because they are feared they are too bad?

Sad... where is the competition in doing things like this?
    how do you face-to-face race when you start the race 2 days later.

Seriously have no idea why people are getting upset.

Stars get to start raiding 2 days behind US and 1 day behind EU, and people are trying to say what they did is unfair? Man up.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Seriously have no idea why people are getting upset.

Stars get to start raiding 2 days behind US and 1 day behind EU, and people are trying to say what they did is unfair? Man up.
    It's much easier for people to complain about their own issues rather than for others in the name of fairness.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Stars took their talents to South Beach?

To everyone justifying Star's actions based on the fact that there are different maintenance/reset days: look on WoWProgress right now and see who's in First Place: Method. An EU guild. Their maintenance days are 24 hours after that of US and yet they're STILL beating US. Same with tier 11: the top 4 guilds are EU, the 5th is Stars from TW, and 6th is a US server. So if Stars really wants to get first, they really only have to beat guilds that are 24 hours ahead. And the guilds they have to beat ALREADY beat guilds that were 24 hours ahead. The EU guilds are the best guilds yet they are a full day behind US. So no, being a day or 2 behind doesn't justify what they did or make it OK.