Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Yeah thought so. (psst, thats not what you just said above in the post I was quoting...) :P

Higher Clock speed = More Cycles = Faster Processing

Cycles are just executions of data. So more Cycles means more data processing. Higher clock speeds turn into more cycles which turns into more capable data processed per execution thus resulting into faster processing.

What I said was simply the effect from a higher clock speed, not any different.

The CPU receives instructions from Windows essentially, then the CPU executes those instructions in cycles.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-07-01 at 06:02 PM.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    I had 1 frame every 5 secs in zulaman while waiting before thelast boss on high (didn't knew how it came on high, normaly i play on low an didn't turn it on high myself)
    i have 6-18 in a 5 man instance, and i think 2-3 fps in a BH 25m while on low

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    I had 1 frame every 5 secs in zulaman while waiting before thelast boss on high (didn't knew how it came on high, normaly i play on low an didn't turn it on high myself)
    i have 6-18 in a 5 man instance, and i think 2-3 fps in a BH 25m while on low
    I strongly recommend not gaming on a netbook or a stoneage desktop for this very reason.

I can't really say precisely why different CPU's running the same clock rate process data at different rates, or give lower / higher FPS, but I can guess.

A clock rate is simply a change of binary state, from a 0 to a 1, or similar. However a whole CPU consists of millions of transistors, each working as a switch to change a signal from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. Although I might be completely and wholly wrong here, I guess different CPU's might simply have different amounts of resources available to them each clock cycle - CPU A might only be able to execute 2 instructions each cycle, while CPU 2 might be able to execute 4 instructions per cycle - so even if they both work at 3Ghz or whatever, they are crunching the numbers at a different rate, and thus arrive at the point at which they've completed the instruction given to them by the operating system at different times, thus speeds.

This used to be more pronounced some years back, when you compared AMD and Intel. They worked differently, and Intel was always making the high-clocking chips, where as AMD worked more on parallel execution and other things. They could both perform the same (or similar) but did so with very different looking specs on their chips.

Again, I might be really horribly wrong. I'm good at computers and know quite a bit about all things concerned... But when you start talking about dissecting integrated circuits and their inner workings, I feel about as useful as a wet paper bag.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

I spent about 1800 USD including monitor OS and peripherals, and on ultra I usually get 150-200 fps while moving, 250ish while standing in a non graphically intense zone, and between 40(if streaming) and 80 in current raids on ultra. Most fps I've seen is 280.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewoods973 View Post
    I spent about 1800 USD including monitor OS and peripherals, and on ultra I usually get 150-200 fps while moving, 250ish while standing in a non graphically intense zone, and between 40(if streaming) and 80 in current raids on ultra. Most fps I've seen is 280.
    I suggest you enable VSync now.

OH MY GOD ;_;

You guys suck - actually, my computer sucks :|

I get 40 when in a non-crowded area (on lowest settings) and maybe 20-25 during raids (haven't raided since wotlk).

Oh well, better than my 10 fps I was getting in Rift...on lowest settings...no other players around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    OH MY GOD ;_;

I get 40 when in a non-crowded area (on lowest settings) and maybe 20-25 during raids (haven't raided since wotlk).

Oh well, better than my 10 fps I was getting in Rift...on lowest settings...no other players around.
    Try Final Fantasy XIV Online. The game looks horrible, has horrible unfinished gameplay and has horrible FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Try Final Fantasy XIV Online. The game looks horrible, has horrible unfinished gameplay and has horrible FPS.
    Horrible graphics too... I bought it and played it for about 20seconds before it made my eyes bleed and I had to turrn it off. Haven't played it since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Horrible graphics too... I bought it and played it for about 20seconds before it made my eyes bleed and I had to turrn it off. Haven't played it since.
    Luckily... I had the privilege(LOL RIGHT?) of playing in the beta before it released so I didn't have to waste $$ to know how shitty it looked and ran lol
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Luckily... I had the privilege(LOL RIGHT?) of playing in the beta before it released so I didn't have to waste $$ to know how shitty it looked and ran lol
    Oh yeah, I was privileged to run the beta aswell, and if I could I would've, but the game was downloading at 15kB/sec, so I didn't even bother. Then I wasted 20€ on a game I played for what, an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    OH MY GOD ;_;

I had to resort to low-quality rendering on my laptop and still not getting more than 25 FPS, with dips to under 10 at rifts :L
    And please don't compare WoW performance to Rift performance. Two totally different engines with totally different graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    try playing across triple monitors with that 200 euro card

also, the "average" person cant see past 60fps, most life long gamers can
    even if you can it won't matter, especially for WoW, you won't see a difference between 60 and 70 FPS because the game looks fluid enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    even if you can it won't matter, especially for WoW, you won't see a difference between 60 and 70 FPS because the game looks fluid enough.
    Very true, higher fps is more noticeable on linear style games like audiosurf or wipeout, but fps games also look more fluid, as does wow, my point was more towards the idea that people are not capable of seeing more then 60fps, when in reality its very common