Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I can see Blizz taking this away from them but I don't agree with it, just because of their own way of thinking that they've stated in the past. When talking about multi-boxers they claim it to be fair because that option is available to everyone if they choose to go for it. Same thing here. Server changing is available to every single one of us. It may have an unintended effect but its one that has been known for a while and one that, in my eyes, was available to anybody that wanted to pursue it.

    Props for having the balls to do it.

  2. #62
    It's kinda sad they do this after they made a scene out of Paragon stacking druids for Nef.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,585
    All this drama and its only the first boss.

    Oh i hope this pace keeps up for Rag, will make such good reading.

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  4. #64
    Brewmaster Otaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Suomi Perkele!
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Counts. Glad they took one from that other lame ass EU guild. Hope Method start pulling some world firsts soon.
    lame ass haha...

    Finnish people taking out the realm first-rug from under yer feet? hooray for FINLAND!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzor View Post
    I can see Blizz taking this away from them but I don't agree with it, just because of their own way of thinking that they've stated in the past. When talking about multi-boxers they claim it to be fair because that option is available to everyone if they choose to go for it. Same thing here. Server changing is available to every single one of us. It may have an unintended effect but its one that has been known for a while and one that, in my eyes, was available to anybody that wanted to pursue it.

    Props for having the balls to do it.
    This x1,000,000

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Raht View Post
    1st.

    And inc. ban for Stars.
    why should they get banned? its a legal way. there is no rule that say something other.

  7. #67
    Field Marshal twilightsamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    62
    The strawmanning/hyperbole this topic has generated from people nowhere near the level of STARS is to be expected, I guess.

  8. #68
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    They aren't going to get banned but before in the days of Woltk

    High end guilds such as Ensidia and such xfer to other realms for the sake of realm first
    Blizzard did not like that so therefor whenever you ''xfer'' you lose your eligibility to get realm first for 3 months in addition you keep your ID's from the last reset

    So technically it's going to work just like this, ID lock wise - Whenever you faction change

    Your ID still remains

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    This wouldn't do so well due to the fact that the US servers will be up well before EU so they'd get a huge headstart.

    Good on stars i say, Fucking transfer the whole guild haha thats awesome
    US maintenance Tuesday
    EU maintenance Wednesday
    Asian maintenance Thursday/Friday ??

    US always have a headstart except for a few Times in all those Years

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Klumb View Post
    why should they get banned? its a legal way. there is no rule that say something other.
    There is indeed a rule that is against this sort of thing. It is under C. Rules Related to Game Play..

    (i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;
    If you faction change in the US or the EU your raid ID won't get reset, which means that this is an error in design and/or "program bug".
    They didn't earn this kill as they used an exploit to get it.

    Made by Resentful

  11. #71
    Stood in the Fire Chiasmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Just because they got it "early" doesn't mean they exploited the kill itself, that's the problem. Again, not my place, I just report.
    No, but they exploited a paid service to get access before other guilds. It's hardly a fair playing field and certainly shouldn't be news worthy, let alone promoted as a "world first" kill.
    Nixara - Filthy Gorgeous - Ravenous EU
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nixari | Nixin | Aveira | Lylira | Nixora | Nixara
    Apex - Al'Akir EU

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenzor View Post
    I can see Blizz taking this away from them but I don't agree with it, just because of their own way of thinking that they've stated in the past. When talking about multi-boxers they claim it to be fair because that option is available to everyone if they choose to go for it. Same thing here. Server changing is available to every single one of us. It may have an unintended effect but its one that has been known for a while and one that, in my eyes, was available to anybody that wanted to pursue it.

    Props for having the balls to do it.
    That's the thing though. On US and EU servers, faction changes don't reset the raid ID so it isn't available to everyone for the purpose that STARS used it for. This is an oversight on the Asian servers.

    Do I agree with what they did? NO.

    Do I think Blizzard will do something about it? NO, because it would mean Blizz would have to admit to making a mistake.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    There is indeed a rule that is against this sort of thing. It is under C. Rules Related to Game Play..


    If you faction change in the US or the EU your raid ID won't get reset, which means that this is an error in design and/or "program bug".
    They didn't earn this kill as they used an exploit to get it.
    I pretty sure that this behavior was document since the introduced the WotLK new raid lockout system (dont quote me on that, dont have blues and I not looking for them :P)

    EDIT:
    and the guy bellow this post says that happened to him :P
    Last edited by Pancho; 2011-07-01 at 02:26 AM.

  14. #74
    If you faction change in the US or the EU your raid ID won't get reset
    Bullshit, theres ways to do it here aswell, i used to play horde and when i transfered my 9 alts over to alliance over a years period i always did VoA or BH first so i could do it twise that week, so please dont come and say its not possible here.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    PSN getting hacked, unworthy of frontpage news. Steam sales up, worthy of front page. oooooooooooooooooooooooookay
    PC master race, problem console "gamers"? Bon voyage..

  16. #76
    Who cares if they did what they did, any other guild could have done it. But they didn't. Let them do what they want to do, they aren't hurting anyone doing this. Stop crying little kids

  17. #77
    Stood in the Fire TheConsumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Serbia , Belgrade , Zemun
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by Physi View Post
    That's the thing though. On US and EU servers, faction changes don't reset the raid ID so it isn't available to everyone for the purpose that STARS used it for. This is an oversight on the Asian servers.

    Do I agree with what they did? NO.

    Do I think Blizzard will do something about it? NO, because it would mean Blizz would have to admit to making a mistake.
    That's not true.
    My friend faction changed every week during ICC to get Shadowmourne faster.

  18. #78
    Dont forget that taiwanese server is 2 days delay update.

    U can just think they are 5 days early update than us server.

    5 days is long? in 3.2 ULD, taiwanese server are 9 days later than US, but they still get yogg 0 keeper first.

    on the other side, stars spent 2 hours on this boss, so ,do u thing there is any possibility for stars to get the FD if they dont do this.

    Besides, the Hardmode of FL now is banned, after the server restart.

  19. #79
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Being abducted by Aliens
    Posts
    861
    gratz stars

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yemiena View Post
    that cant be against the rules, blizzard designed it like that, its no glitch
    Because blizz never make mistakes ? Clearly this is an oversight on Blizzards part and it's too much hassle to fix as yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •