Poll: Call of Duty:MW3 or Battlefield 3?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing making me say modern warfare 3 is im invested in that story.....im one of the few people i know who actually will buy an fps for the single player (if it is good)

ive been following the modern warfare story since the beginning and want to see where it goes

ive never really played a battlefield game but from what ive been seeing of 3...it looks pretty awesome....ill probably end up playing both and i really dont see myself not enjoying them

but yeah....im gonna say modern warfare 3

Deleted
    I'll be getting both, although MW3 on the PS3 so i can play with my friends and BF3 on the PC to get the most out of the frostbite engine and the game itself having 64 player servers. I'll invest the majority of time into BF3 though, i prefer playing support roles and played medic heavily in BF2(going to play the LMG class in BF3 with ammo packs) so Battlefield 3's team based play suits me more than MW's lone wolf style arena shooter.

Although I hope MW3 has a replacement for ballistic knives and the tomahawk as those weapons were just stupidly fun . Those where the only weapons I used in Black Ops and i hope MW2's commando pro is cut.

BF3 has dinosaurs. MW doesn't.

Graphics wise, what does MW have to offer to compare to BF3? Game designers are looking closely at the next best products out there, and MW hasn't said a peep about their system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post

Graphics wise, what does MW have to offer to compare to BF3? Game designers are looking closely at the next best products out there, and MW hasn't said a peep about their system.
    The reason the CoD serier hasn't majorly overhauled the engine is because they like to maintain a 60 frames per second on their main platform, the consoles. They have made some improvements to it to allow them to render large city scenes while maintaining the frame rate they aim for.

also WTB dinosaur mode from DICE and BF3 over zombie mode

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post

Im pretty sure the weapon animations are far better in COD than BF3. From what iv seen in the demo of BF3 even MW2's animations look better. The guns look about the same though i wont be able to say forsure untill i get my hands on BF3. Im anal about weapon models and animations becuase i made my own for 2 years for CSS. And when it comes to MW2's weapon models i can hapily say there really wasnt anything i would have changed about them becuase they had the perfect level of detail and polys.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    Buying BF3, downloading MW3.
    ^ this. I won't buy CoD games anymore, I had a blast but its just the same game, same engine, console port. If they want people like myself to fork out the cash for yet another CoD game then they have to bring more to the table then the same game year after year.

Battlefield 3
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-07-11 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC master race reporting. BF3 without a doubt.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.