Thread: :( trinket

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

:( trinket

so i got the vessel today and apparatus yesterday and im noticing a dps loss from apparatus from my H Hor i just dont think 15 seconds is enough
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-07-01 at 01:17 PM.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have both these trinkets now myself, and the DPS loss is pretty big, even with all the static strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    Have both these trinkets now myself, and the DPS loss is pretty big, even with all the static strength.
    the vessel is fine, the apparatus blows tho but it looks so amazing on paper im not sure why it sucks this much. I guess because it blows your prepot phase all to hell because you have to wait till its atleast at 3 stacks before u use it with your cds
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    the vessel is fine, the apparatus blows tho but it looks so amazing on paper im not sure why it sucks this much. I guess because it blows your prepot phase all to hell because you have to wait till its atleast at 3 stacks before u use it with your cds
    Just do Firelands quests and get yourself a Dwyers Caber it's got a solid 21% uptime and unfortunately seems to be stronger than Apparatus. Sad I know but definitely quality comedy anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for dk's our bis trinkets are both from t11 (Heroic Heart of Rage/License to Slay( if hit is needed)/Heroic Crushing Weight) before heroic raganros, it's pretty disappointing. if ret's stat weights are anything like ours I'd imagine a similar situation.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2011-07-01 at 04:59 AM.

im almost certain heroic HOR and vessel are BIS for all melle, you cant really line up aparatus with CD's becuase of the way you get stacks

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

If you have H HoR, keep it over Apparatus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olette View Post
    If you have H HoR, keep it over Apparatus.
    Apparatus is worse than the Heroic dungeon Str trinket from Halls of Origination. It's pretty terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vessel and Essence seem two pretty solid options to replace LtS and HoR.

Looks can be deceiving!
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Looks can be deceiving!
    You think Apparatus will be bis?

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I know for dk's our bis trinkets are both from t11 (Heroic Heart of Rage/License to Slay( if hit is needed)/Heroic Crushing Weight) before heroic raganros, it's pretty disappointing. if ret's stat weights are anything like ours I'd imagine a similar situation.
    Same with hunters, Fluid of death + Essence of Cyclone (roic) is BiS untill the rag trinket.

So, in a competition with Apparatus, LoS and Essence. Which would be better?
    Imo, Apparatus is a good trinket anyway, you dont have to "wait till it got 3 stacks" to burst. I always pop it with 2 or 3 anyway in the firsts seconds of the encounter. With our new gear, crit is definitely not a problem and, being so close to Mastery we can assume we will get some good crit procs. Also, through the encounter it's almost impossible to lose the 5 stacks so, the next 2 or so bursts will come max powered. The only problem I see with apparatus is that your DPS in trash mobs will decrease, but in Bosses, it's a DPS gain.
    I'm using right now Apparatus and LoS since I don't have H:HoR in hands, but I still don't know if I'd use HoR instead of it.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    You think Apparatus will be bis?
    By deceiving I meant on how Apparatus looks to be good.

The heroic version maybe. Based on all sorts of discussions on the trinket, I don't find it something to immediately get. I'm fairly satisfied with LtS and H HoR til Vessel + Essence.
    Last edited by Defender; 2011-07-01 at 09:16 AM.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well. I got the apparatus for free out of a trash run, so at least I should be thankful I didn't have to pay up DKP for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    By deceiving I meant on how Apparatus looks to be good.

The heroic version maybe. Based on all sorts of discussions on the trinket, I don't find it something to immediately get. I'm fairly satisfied with LtS and H HoR til Vessel + Essence.
    Ah ok.Actually got confused by you post and thought that you reffered to my: Vessel and Essence seem two pretty solid options to replace LtS and HoR ​as deceiving.

went back to vessel and H hor and works like a charm. apparatus is the worst 45k i ever spent

15+ Year Old Account
    The Apparatus was designed with Dual Wield SMF/TG/Frost in mind and not Ret. It would be likely to suck for Arms or Unholy just the same due to the fact it stacks like shit. Blizzard does the stacking thing to keep it out of the Arenas as an instant win button ala DBW 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Salsa is missing, as always

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Deleted
    Hello,

I've got too Apparatus, and I take it with my H:HoR.

I take Dps, the burst is very good ! The Full Mastery with AW / Zealotry and more ! With full CD is just Good

LtS is not a very good choice for me, and i have never equip this Trinket in T11.. My choice

But I think, Appartus + Vessel.. = Crit ( vessel ) --> Apparatus. So, faster proc 5 stacks. And BiS T12 trinket Ret pal.

Sorry for my uggly english, i'm french, but i need to see the discussion on this topic.