Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy McNasty View Post
    Why I quit Warcraft for awhile.
    I didn't make this decision until about a week ago. I love the game to death and I love these forums but damn....I can't believe the availability for any average troll/ninja/random douche to achieve what my guild and I worked so hard on for months on end.

Sorry but I feel like the last 6 months was a waste. Cool content is cool but I guess I'll wait till 4.3 is out and I can get carried in a day.
    You worked 6 months on normal encounters? I'd quit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

And again with all the QQ'ing. Ok so we knew they were gonna nerf all the "old" raids. Get over it. Yes, my guild and some friends ran a muck in BWD last nite, yes we 1 shoted every one but nef. Good for us. Between the DC's going on as well as mechanics that can and will still kill you....the raids are still fun. You wanna be hard core. Go into fire lands and do that content. I know that all of us last nite had at least 2 or three items 365 or better so between those and the nerfs, the "old" content is a bit easier. But the mechanics can and will still wipe you, if your stupid, fail at paying attention or just all around suck. Please bear in mind that not every successful raid guild can and dose raid for 4 hr's a nite, seven days a week, and was yawning at the rest of us 2 weeks in cause "hard mode" was cake for them at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by giowatcher View Post
    Now what if in your party you had the 8 greatest unknown wow players EVER
    Shit just got real!

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Are you still mad people can do Tempest Keep at level 85? Why do you care so much about what other people can do after you've done it?
    Are you the kind of guy who only raids for loot, or to seem better than someone else?
    I think that it is not that much a matter of showing off to anyone but the feeling that someone is cheated in the game, since for him/her progression meant taking it one step at a time, while facing the game's challenges the way they originally were, while others can have an easier time. The feeling of success in a game is pretty much the one of two rewards you get from the game itself, the other being having some fun, and while it is self-centered, the way it is tied to having fun makes it necessary. So, it is not about someone being the "kind of guy who only raids for loot, or to seem better than someone else", but the fact that World Of WarCraft simply lacks one of the mechanisms of most other games, the fact that to progress further into the game you need to overcome the challenges you are currently facing, and other than cheats, there is no way to see the rest of the content. Mario games don't get nerfs that make you jump at platforms easier, Myst games don't get nerfs that help you solve the riddles easier, etc. In those games you either take it one step at a time and overcome the challenges in front of you or you don't finish the game. World Of WarCraft has no such mechanism in place for the most part, especially in PVE raiding, and tries to substitute it with nerfs, which is to say from a gaming design point of view, clumsy. This not being a case of black and white, it is not Blizzard's fault, rather a design decision or even a placeholder until a better idea comes along, but try not to make it the gamer's fault as well for expecting the same progression mechanism that he/she has been used to for ages through other games.

I didn't make this decision until about a week ago. I love the game to death and I love these forums but damn....I can't believe the availability for any average troll/ninja/random douche to achieve what my guild and I worked so hard on for months on end.

Sorry but I feel like the last 6 months was a waste. Cool content is cool but I guess I'll wait till 4.3 is out and I can get carried in a day.
    You must be very new to WoW. It's worked like this for a long time now.

Didn't they only nerf normal modes, which have been semi-puggable for months now?

I'm also very sorry that other players can now hang out in Org with the same sweet purples as you. That must really affect your game experience.

Hooray, maybe now we'll be able to kill him. We'll see on Sunday.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    TBH, that`s why they have a completed date on the cheeves.
    "look I have X"
    "Everybody has that"
    "Now look at the date"

/shrug
    It`s just a bit shame on the titles for all.. I still love popping my war bear against it`s purple shadow.

I do agree with Blizz though, some people just are not able to play "hard" stuff.

You haven't been playing WoW, or MMOs in general for very long, have you? Because this is how it has ALWAYS been.

Content gets outdated and trivialized. The playerbase progresses past it. There was a time when clearing Old Stratholm in less than 40 minutes was a serious challenge. Now you can derp through that place solo in about 10 minutes if you are slow. Almost anyone can solo MC. I could go on but whats the point?

Who cares is someone goes and does something you did months ago? You get to say you did it when it was hard. They don't. Not that they would try, because anyone who has waited this long to start raiding probably doesn't care.

Attention thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    normal old content
    Basically this with regard to any thread about old content being easy.

With this nerf the least experienced raiders will be to tackle the normal tier 11 without major issues like a 10man lvling dungeon. This is nerf is good for them for the multiple purposes but it was overkill. the problem i see, these groups will crush normal modes in 1 week and when they go normal firelands or activate heroic modes the jump is going to be so massive that they are not going to stand a chance causing them to come here and cry for even more nerfs
    Tiandar --------- retired
    US Executus <Static> 13/13h , 7/7H, 6/8 H (25 man)
    staticraid.com

Normal modes were out of the way in December ...

Go do some hard modes, have some FUN FUN FUN !

Deleted

I thought the point of raiding was to have fun, but that's just my opinion

Old normal content was nerfed to the ground didn't you know that? Read patch notes!!!

Try your fun at Heroic now that Normal is laughable enough for you to make fun of it. Come back and let us all know how it went please!!

Ala has been nerfed hard for a while, it's lolmode

15+ Year Old Account
    Al'akir...god we had a good laugh last night

so we went in To4W with some alts, then we remembered they increased gathering strenght cast time, so we checked it out, its 2 FUCKING mins now, so LOL, stay chill on first go while it was the hardest achievement before

next Al'akir, p1 nothing special as only damage was nerfed a bit...but phase 2, OMG YOU CAN'T GET MORE THEN 1 STACK OF ACID RAID, it's so fucking hilarious

well at least we can thank Blizzard for such an awesome laugh last time, cause it was more funny then any nerf they put in this game so far lol!
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilam View Post
    The nerfs... omg

We had a healer DC at the beginning of the fight and 9-manned without issue (or a single death) in a complete pug, including at least 3-4 people who had never seen Al'akir...

Stormlings buff never runs out...acid rain stacks resetting???...zero inc dmg...health nerf...lightning cloud damage nerf...omg
    lol, you could have killed it in hardmode... or not?

15+ Year Old Account

I never understood, and never will agree with, this philosophy. You downed the stuff when it was more challenging, with less gear...why is that achievement not enough? Our guild downed all the normal bosses in T11, pre nerf. Now we are off to a new raid...why should it matter what someone else does? If anything, it helps you gear alts faster, thus making your guild more versatile

sorry, what? hardmodes are'nt nurfed, and will not be beaten by your "douches" for a long time. so what's the problem? or are you trying to tell us you worked on normalmodes for 6 months? and if you had no fun the last months, then it was indeed a waste. if you HAD fun, on the other hand, it was not a waste and you should look forward to another few months of fun. that's why we play!

I'm in a guild with good people, but maybe not the best players. We laugh, we screw around, and now some of use better players can teach those who may not be so good to get better before we proceed into the firelands. I don't mind this, just because i like to hear the cheers of my friends over vent when we kill a new boss. I'm not in this for progression, did my time there in Vanilla and BC, i'm in it to have fun now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.